Anthony Spencer
Nick Folk
Leonard Davis
Ken Hamlin
Orlando Scandrick
Roy Williams
Felix Jones
Zach Thomas

If we keep adding talent like that every two years, we're doomed.

talent is one thing.

Talent has to be coached and coordinated.

Coaches have to be respected. there has to be a chain of command.

that has been torn down here. its a free for all.

and I am not so sure I would go touting leonard davis and ken hamlin as guys you want to use in this scenario. they are both starting to look like guys that played above their level last year to prove people wrong. neither has been very good this year, especially hamlin.

jerry can find talent like anyone else. But if your organization is flawed and run improperly what good will it be? Jerry will always go above and beyond what it takes to bring in a proven name. that is his M.O. it worked for him big time with Haley so he thinks it will work everytime, when the rest of the league cuts players or simply lets them walks and replaces them.

Pat summerall was on the espn 1033 pregame show before the bucs game. he said that in dallas players never get old and their skill never detiorates. Players in Dallas are held onto too long. He then referenced something that wade said the week before. Some of the players think they are going 100% when they are not. Summerall was pointing a finger at jerry. And rightfully so.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
I just realized...

this is julius jones 'he ran me like a robot' revenge game

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2409124 said:
I just realized...

this is julius jones 'he ran me like a robot' revenge game

He'll probably gain 300 yards on this defense.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2409120 said:
talent is one thing.

Talent has to be coached and coordinated.

Coaches have to be respected. there has to be a chain of command.

that has been torn down here. its a free for all.

and I am not so sure I would go touting leonard davis and ken hamlin as guys you want to use in this scenario. they are both starting to look like guys that played above their level last year to prove people wrong. neither has been very good this year, especially hamlin.
I don't see how it's been torn down. As I've said before, if we win against Washington, all of this is forgotten.

And Leonard Davis has been the best player on our O-line. Hamlin's doing fine surrounded by two rookies and Keith Davis, etc.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Seattle false start on 2 pt conversion. Backed up and no good on the next try. Too bad...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2409127 said:
I don't see how it's been torn down. As I've said before, if we win against Washington, all of this is forgotten.

And Leonard Davis has been the best player on our O-line. Hamlin's doing fine surrounded by two rookies and Keith Davis, etc.

Well I will just say I disagree.

it has to start with a win in Washington, obviously. but nothing I have seen from this group of players or coaches leads me to believe they wont turnaround and lose to seattle and pittsburgh. If they find a way to lose to sf, God help us all.

and again, I dont see one thing Ken hamlin does well. He doesnt break up balls, he doesnt play the run well and he always seems to be out of position or late to a play.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Kilyin;2409142 said:
Miami fumbled, Seahawks ball!
Who on earth calls a pass play on 3rd and 2 there?

Oh yeah, one of the guys we're all supposed to miss.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Kilyin;2409142 said:
Miami fumbled, Seahawks ball!

knee was down.

Keep praying miami loses though so you can try and win an argument on a messageboard.

Kilyin

Reaction score
theebs;2409146 said:
knee was down.

Keep praying miami loses though so you can try and win an argument on a messageboard.

No, more like because I don't like Parcells and all the Dolphins fanboys hanging around here.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Kilyin;2409150 said:
No, more like because I don't like Parcells and all the Dolphins fanboys hanging around here.

oh, well that is a better reason.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Parcells Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miami wins - 5-4! What a turn around

Kilyin

Reaction score
theebs;2409151 said:
oh, well that is a better reason.

I also root for the underdog in any game that doesn't affect the Cowboys or NFC East. The fact I don't like Parcells woulda been icing on the cake. Don't let that hurt your feelings. It's just a game, man.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Kilyin;2409155 said:
I also root for the underdog in any game that doesn't affect the Cowboys or NFC East. The fact I don't like Parcells woulda been icing on the cake. Don't let that hurt your feelings. It's just a game, man.

Parcells the GM is missed here - CLEARLY

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Wow, you gotta feel good for the Dolphins right now. What a hell of a turnaround... Tony Sparano to be coach of the year?

Kilyin

Reaction score
Nors;2409159 said:
Parcells the GM is missed here - CLEARLY

I don't know, I think Wade Phillips is good for 10 and 6, 9 and 7 pretty much every year. Take away the infamous "13 and 3"; throw in a 6 and 10 season and you've got Parcells back.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Kilyin;2409171 said:
I don't know, I think Wade Phillips is good for 10 and 6, 9 and 7 pretty much every year. Take away the infamous "13 and 3"; throw in a 6 and 10 season and you've got Parcells back.

Parcells did a better job of getting them to play to their potential then Wade has done so far.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Charlie the Tuna;2409161 said:
Wow, you gotta feel good for the Dolphins right now. What a hell of a turnaround... Tony Sparano to be coach of the year?

Yes, Sprano and Ireland have done an outstanding job turning that around. No suprise as that is what Parcells does.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Rack;2409173 said:
Parcells did a better job of getting them to play to their potential then Wade has done so far.

Hm, I'd say that's highly debatable. We got blown out in a number of crucial games with Parcells. And whether you lose by 50 or 1, it's still a loss.