We really miss - Miami vs Seattle

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Kilyin;2409181 said:
If the Cowboys had just beaten a 2 and 6 Seattle team by two points in a narrow victory this board would be in complete chaos and uproar. The double standard is what really makes me laugh.

Considerable talent difference between the two teams.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2409433 said:
Considerable talent difference between the two teams.

Or maybe the talent was never there in the first place, just a lot of overpaid high draft choices on defense. Or maybe we get a lot of key players back (including Romo) and win down the stretch. The media picked Dallas to win the Superbowl and now they're all jumping off the bandwagon.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Kilyin;2409438 said:
Or maybe the talent was never there in the first place, just a lot of overpaid high draft choices on defense. Or maybe we get a lot of key players back (including Romo) and win down the stretch. The media picked Dallas to win the Superbowl and now they're all jumping off the bandwagon.

Or maybe we signed a bunch of big names who have no idea what it takes to be a team.:)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Kilyin;2409227 said:
And let me clarify (as if anyone cares). I liked Parcells when he was here, for the most part. He didn't get the job done in Dallas, and while he left us better on paper talentwise, he left with no playoff victories. The fact that he's gone is not on Jerry (despite his numerous flaws) because Jerry didn't run him out of town. He quit on the team. Then he raped and pillaged our coaching staff and some players. That's why I no longer care for him, and yes I will laugh if he fails with the Dolphins.

Your right in a way. JJ didn't flat out run Bill out of town, he just started going for less desirable players. So far that hasn't worked to well.
He raped and pillaged our coaching staff? Those guys walked on eggshells according to JJ, they should have loved the fact Parcells was gone.
Or maybe they knew they would be around a guy who thinks the players and big names don't mean nothing compared to the team concept.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2409483 said:
Your right in a way. JJ didn't flat out run Bill out of town, he just started going for less desirable players. So far that hasn't worked to well.
He raped and pillaged our coaching staff? Those guys walked on eggshells according to JJ, they should have loved the fact Parcells was gone.
Or maybe they knew they would be around a guy who thinks the players and big names don't mean nothing compared to the team concept.

Nonsense. They were all Parcells guys. Anywhere he goes, they go.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
theebs;2409088 said:
sure thing. We should just quit rooting for our team because our teams front office is not smart.

sure thing. Anymore typical ignorant responses from anyone?

I'm not saying quit rooting for your team. I'm telling you to go hop on the Cowboys bandwaggon. Parcell's wasn't fired. Sparano wasn't fired. Ireland wasn't fired. Parcell's quit. He left us. If that's who you want in your front office than be my guest. But i'd prefer stability.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
M'Kevon;2409524 said:
Nonsense. They were all Parcells guys. Anywhere he goes, they go.
I know that, many here had no clue. They all thought they wanted to get away from him, obviously that wasn't the case.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
This team misses Tony Romo. When the offense quits giving the ball away all day and quits going three and out all day, the run defense will improve.

khiladi

Reaction score
Rack;2409385 said:
David, I think you know better then to look up stats when it comes to Nose Guards.

If you don't, then you've got a lot to learn about football.

Because if he did, that would mean ratliff is flat-out out-performing Jason ferguson by a lot, wouldn't it....

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Parcells/Ireland/Soprano =+1

GAMEBOOK

Posted: 1 hours 38 minutes ago
Dolphins in heat of AFC East race after hanging on to beat Seahawks

Associated Press
Doug Benc / Getty Images
Dolphins quarterback Chad Pennington completed 22 of 36 passes for 209 yards and a touchdown to lead Miami.

MIAMI -- Their lead in jeopardy, the Miami Dolphins preserved it by batting down a two-point conversion pass with less than three minutes left.

Next, instant replay saved them from a potentially costly fumble. Then they needed one final defensive stand, which ended at midfield with an incomplete pass on fourth down.
Oh Ricky, you're so fine

The 'Wildcat' formation struck again for the Dolphins. This time, running back Ronnie Brown handed the ball to Ricky Williams, who raced 51-yards for a touchdown. Williams finished with 105 rushing yards, his highest total since Week 17 in 2005.

» Watch the play

Winning's not easy -- as the Dolphins know all too well. They withstood a frantic rally by injury-riddled Seattle to win 21-19 Sunday and climb above .500 for the first time since the end of the 2005 season.

"It stresses me out," guard Justin Smiley said of the wild finish. "I've got bad nerves as it is. I'm sure it was awesome for the fans, but it was nerve-racking."

Miami scored one long touchdown on a flea-flicker and another with a new play from its Wildcat formation. But their biggest surprise is a 5-4 record.

After going 1-15 last season, Miami has won three games in a row and is only one game out of first place in the tight AFC East.

"At the beginning of the season, no one probably expected it," running back Ricky Williams said. "But we knew we had something special here."

The Dolphins' sizable bag of tricks saved them on a day the offense sputtered. The Wildcat -- shut out in the past three games -- produced scores on a 51-yard run by Williams and a 16-yard run by Ronnie Brown. Ted Ginn Jr. scored his first touchdown this season when he made a fingertip catch in the end zone of a 39-yard pass from Chad Pennington on a flea-flicker.

Williams ran for 105 yards on 12 carries -- his first 100-yard game since Jan. 1, 2006. It almost wasn't enough.

The Seahawks (2-7) trailed for the final 53 minutes but nearly forced overtime.

"We have a lot of people banged up, but we're all fighting," said backup quarterback Seneca Wallace, who started his fourth game in a row. "We came up a little short."
2009 Pro Bowl The polls are open! Fans can vote now for their favorite players for the 2009 NFL Pro Bowl, to be played Feb. 8 at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii. Vote here!

Koren Robinson dropped a pass in the end zone in the third quarter but caught a 3-yard touchdown pass from Wallace with 2:57 left to make the score 21-19.

On the 2-point conversion try, Seattle was pushed back to the 8 because of a false start, and Yeremiah Bell batted away Wallace's pass at the goal line.

Seattle recovered a fumble inside the Miami 30 on the next series, but officials reviewed the play and ruled Pennington was down before the ball came loose. The Dolphins then punted, and Seattle advanced to the Miami 49 before Wallace's pass glanced off the hands of John Carlson on fourth-and-10 with 18 seconds left.

"Hey, nobody said this was going to be easy," Miami coach Tony Sparano said. "Not in this league."

The Seahawks' first touchdown came on Jordan Babineaux's 35-yard interception return, after the Dolphins used trickery to score touchdowns on their first two possessions for a 14-0 lead.

A 90-yard drive ended when Brown took a handoff and flipped the ball back to Pennington, who hit a well-covered Ginn in the end zone.

"Chad put it in a great spot," Ginn said. "I just threw my hands out there. It was right in the breadbasket."

The Dolphins gave the Wildcat a fresh twist to strike again. Brown took a direct snap and handed to Williams running straight ahead, where he found a gaping hole to score untouched.

For the day, the Wildcat netted 82 yards in seven plays. The funky formation has produced eight touchdowns this season.

"Our offense is versatile," Williams said. "We just try to take what other teams are giving us. If they're not giving us much, we have to create."

A mistake by Pennington let the Seahawks back into the game. When he threw under pressure, Babineaux stepped in front of the intended receiver for an interception -- only Seattle's fourth this season -- and sprinted to the end zone.

But the Seahawks never overcame the early deficit.

"It's a little bit like Groundhog Day for us," coach Mike Holmgren said. "The team showed great fortitude after falling behind 14-0 early, and looking pretty bad doing it. ... Too little, too late."

Notes: Wallace said he strained his groin early in the game. He said it hampered his mobility but not his throwing. ... Seahawks FB Leonard Weaver left the game in the second quarter because of sore ribs, Holmgren said. ... NFL sack leader Joey Porter added a half sack to increase his career-high total to 12. ... Miami went 2-for-2 on fourth-down conversions and is 8-for-11 this year.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967;2409404 said:
Jones cant win with some of you people.

You guys bash him for holding onto veterans too long or paying them money, then when he actually GETS SOMETHING in return for an old guy who probably wouldnt have made our team anyway, he still gets trashed.

Ratliff is a better NT than Ferguson, thats why Ferguson isnt here anymore.

And Ratliff's stats that dont matter are better than Fergusons stats that dont matter. So that makes Ratliff >>> Ferguson

At certain things, yes. But he's not better then Fergy at consistently holding up against double teams. And that's the main job of a nose guard.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2410312 said:
DeMarcus Ware isn't playing the run very well this year, either.

I vehemently disagree.

Ware was pretty good against the run before this season, and he is much better this season.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2410865 said:
Epic Parcells/Sparano lovefest. Epic!

nothing to do with parcells for me. It was about sporano and the miami structure and chain of command.

Parcells is just a personell guy. he has nothing to do with the locker room or the play on the field.

If you read about what is going on there it is just like here in 2005. And they have a better running game than we did.

Reaction score
I agree as well, he was the heart and soul of the d-line. Raltiff is better suited to play DE and put Spears as the backup.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2410942 said:
I agree as well, he was the heart and soul of the d-line. Raltiff is better suited to play DE and put Spears as the backup.

We'd be better off starting Ratliff and Spears than Ratliff and Canty. We could bring in Canty at tackle in the nickel/dime.