We should cut Weeden and Vaughn and go with Showers

Blackspider214

Reaction score
They all suck. Find someone else.

Name some names. If you are a backup in a league that does not even have enough starters to go around for all 32 games, chances are you aren't that good. And the ones that are pretty good, teams are holding onto for insurance purposes.

You aren't going to find much better out there.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
As much as the Cowboys are paying special attention to the D, I feel we are not addressing the QB position. An injury to Romo destroys the season because we don't have anyone to replace him. We are vulnerable here big time. We should be in panic mode to address this.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Why would they if the plan is to go with Weeden?

I guess that is the point. Weeden is not good enough and I find it puzzling that the Cowboys don't think that. Just as puzzling is Vaughn and Showers still on the team. They are not good. Romo is unfortunately likely to get injured. Why risk a season where you have good players in every position except a good backup QB?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Those of you who want Weeden cut are crazy the guy has confidence and leadership written all over him.

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/sad-weeden_zpsbvrlvem8.jpg

Zordon

Reaction score
As much as the Cowboys are paying special attention to the D, I feel we are not addressing the QB position. An injury to Romo destroys the season because we don't have anyone to replace him. We are vulnerable here big time. We should be in panic mode to address this.

This is the black mark of the offseason. Going into this season w/ Weeden as the backup again is totally irresponsible.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Name some names. If you are a backup in a league that does not even have enough starters to go around for all 32 games, chances are you aren't that good. And the ones that are pretty good, teams are holding onto for insurance purposes.

You aren't going to find much better out there.

This.

If were only so easy to find a young Tom Brady waiting to step up when the starting QB goes down due to injury.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Horrible idea, but you already knew that.

Weeden is a bus driver with a case of alcoholism, but better that he drive vs a 6 year old in the very back who struggles at Mario Kart.

Zordon

Reaction score
lol...nice plan. Almost as good as trading for RG123...

We're talking about backup qb not starter. If you think weeden is better than Vick then you need your head checked asap.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
sign michael vick.

at least you have a plan, as opposed to everyone crying over the situation, however, Michael Vick was bad last year, really bad. add to that, the staff likely felt that Weeden with two years in this offense would be much further ahead than Vick would be at this point in the season. and finally, I don't blame the staff for not wanting to add another player that would add to the distractions.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
We're talking about backup qb not starter. If you think weeden is better than Vick then you need your head checked asap.

I just don't like either QB and not because of whatever...but, they just would not fit the scheme that the Cowboys use.

Here is how my head needs checked! I would rather keep Flowers as a #3 and get rid of either Weeden or Vaughn and let Showers learn. He is young, has talent, and showed some movement and arm strength...and I stress the "he's young" and not ruined already.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
unless Dallas brings in a QB Weeden is the backup. I think right now the battle is Vaughn and Showers for a 3rd QB and that at this stage does not seem to be a certainty that Dallas will go with 3.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
"I like them French fried potaters."

"Yup, think I've made up my mind gonna go with the roadhouse special tonight at Norma's."

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Those of you who want Weeden cut are crazy the guy has confidence and leadership written all over him.

1595029904_0ace65e36a_z.jpg