We should cut Weeden and Vaughn and go with Showers

Craig

Reaction score
Im all for upgrading at backup, but weeden is the guy until someone better comes in and then only after they have learned the playbook.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Weeden always has that phone is ringing but no one is home look written on his face.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Cut Weeden and Vaughn and go with Showers ....... and keep looking for another QB. Weeden and Vaughn aren't going to help us this year, nor will they likely develop into anything. I realize this is a move that is easily criticized if it doesn't work out, but this is a move that Jerry the owner/GM should make and move on.

Absolutely, count me in. Weeden is a known quanitity, a loser at quarterback, with no potential for improvement. Vaughn appears to have a limited future, if any. Let's keep Showers, and give him some practice reps.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Yep, we should cut both Weeden and Vaughan and put Showers on the PS and then pickup RGIII on Friday night right after Washington cuts him and he clears waivers.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Cut Weeden and Vaughn and go with Showers ....... and keep looking for another QB. Weeden and Vaughn aren't going to help us this year, nor will they likely develop into anything. I realize this is a move that is easily criticized if it doesn't work out, but this is a move that Jerry the owner/GM should make and move on.

They all suck. Find someone else.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Weeden is terrible and Vaughn as well, Showers won't make it past the watchful QB hunters of the NFL, you can't cut Jameil Showers and expect him to skate to the Practice Squad without getting a looksee from another Franchise.

In the meantime I hear Manziel and RGKnee are available for Backup jobs, I'd actually consider Robert Griffin III for a backup even though it's the WaaaaSkins.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
We should cut Weeden and Vaughn and go with Showers...if we want to make a colossal mistake.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
you can't cut Jameil Showers and expect him to skate to the Practice Squad without getting a looksee from another Franchise.

I think there is no way he is claimed, but if he is, let me first say that GM should be fired and I won't lose sleep over it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Every QB on this team,except Romo, sucks so it doesn't really matter

We did not win a single game last year where Romo did not take every snap and nothing has changed

We are not beating Tampa with Weeden or Vaughn or showers or any other scrub QB

Zman5

Reaction score
I really wish RG3 didn't haventhe circus around him.

Would love to have him as a backup once he is cut next week.

We already have that guy on our roster. Jameil Showers.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Weeden could be the worst QB on the Roster, and while Showers is a developmental QB that would be nice to keep on, he also gives you a chance to win in a pinch because of his mobility, where Weeden and Vaughn do not.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Weeden isn't the worst QB on the roster. I'd also guess he isn't the worst backup in the league. Yes I'd like someone better then him, but we're unlikely to get better then him at this point unless we spend some serious draft capital to do that. That's not something I'm willing to do for a backup QB at this point in the process. Weeden I think can probably finish up a game we're winnning. I think, depending on the opponent, he gives this team a decent chance of winning a game. I don't think you can say that about either of the other QBs on the roster right now.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
These debates always puzzle me.

Yes, Weeden stinks. But we need a backup QB and unless the Cowboys find one somewhere else, Weeden is a better option than Vaughn or Showers.

Becuase its very doubtful Weeden could give us just one measly victory/win. Just one. And thats the only reason he is here. He isnt the next starter; He is here to give us 1 win out of 3 games if Romo goes down., and its doubtful that he can manage that!!! WHy not just go with Showers and have the guy scramble around and throw hail marrys to Dez. That might be a better game plan then relying on Weeden for that 1 win.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't cry if we did this...Showers can play STs and backup QB. Romo goes down we are sunk either way.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
weeden is part of the process, watch tape and get better, so they will keep him.
I doubt they pick up any other QB
There are some that are better who may not make the team they are on, or be on ps, but I doubt dallas pick up any of them.

sbark

Reaction score
Why does this bring back memories of Ariz Cards last year...........they had a 1st year running QB that they dared play 1 qtr after running the gammet on how many injured qB's.........and I believe he was of a level he was at least drafted, with a cannon for a arm.

Seems to be a weakness of our scouting program...maybe the only one--the abilty to evaluate the back up QB position.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Every QB on this team,except Romo, sucks so it doesn't really matter

We did not win a single game last year where Romo did not take every snap and nothing has changed

We are not beating Tampa with Weeden or Vaughn or showers or any other scrub QB

To be fair, Weeden played well enough to beat WAS.

Romo coming back in injured as a sitting duck cost us the win.

We were all excited to see Romo come in, but in hindsight we probably win with Weeden.

ARI is just a tough start for any back-up