CFZ We will win Sunday because Hurts is not good

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts has clearly improved. His completion percentage and passer rating are way up. Threads like this usually backfire. Hopefully this post doesn’t come back to haunt you on Sunday night.
Great post. I was decidedly down on him after last year, and even now I am still reserving judgement. But you have to give the guy credit and acknowledge he's worked on his passing game. Anyone who thinks otherwise probably hasn't watched a lot of him.
Plus AJ Brown is a monster.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts is simply an average quarterback. AI have seen every Eagles game. Here are some stats and what they mean, based on the eye test.

Hurts have generated 10 touchdowns this season. Four have been through the air, six from him running. He has thrown for 1,359 yards. In contrast, loom at other NFCE Qb's. Coop has seven touchdowns on only 839 yards passing. Wentz has ten touchdowns on 1,390 yards passing (with a lot more turnovers). I'll leave Jones out of this, as his numbers are a horror story. Why is this? Simple: when it counts, Hurts can't find his receivers. Last year, Hurts had more time in the pocket to throw (3.5 secs) than any QB in the league. The numbers are probably very similar this year. Hurts does not read defenses well. I can't count how many times I have seen wide open receivers in Eagle games never get the ball. Brady would set new records under those conditions. I can't recall Hurts ever getting to his third look before bailing out on a play.

Hurts makes plays with his legs. That's good for him, because when defenses break down in the secondary, more often than not Hurts is running and not seeing someone streaking across the field open. Brown, Smith, Goedart, and Watkins can run. They don't have any turtles out there running routes. But even fast guys are useless without the ball.

Hurts has six rushing touchdowns. Some are designed runs, some are not. He simply isn't good in the red zone. Defenses shut him down, so he has to run.

Hurts has been sacked 11 times this year. Some of those are because he didn't see the open man and had to run. He has two int's and two fumbles this year. Considering how much he runs, the fumble number is quite good.

This bodes well for our defense. Mailata will probably play but will be nowhere at 100%. Kelce may be out with an ankle issue, so their rookie will probably play--if not, we get a wounded Kelce. Seumalo, their right guard, is also banged up. Our defense can put pressure all game long on a QB who doesn't see the field. We know the most important position on the field is QB. Hurts can't run all game long against our defense. Our defense generally doesn't leave receivers running wild all game.

Contain Hurts, make him do something he has not shown that he can do, which is read the defense and make the play. We will win this game in their backyard by double digits folks. Hurts is not good enough to beat this team.

I will swim in Eagle tears Monday morning.

Dude don't kid yourself. We both know what Hurts is, but the Eagles managed to support him perfectly. Similar to Lamar Jackson back in 2019. The QB doesn't have to be good, just support and game plan around him.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts is simply an average quarterback. AI have seen every Eagles game. Here are some stats and what they mean, based on the eye test.

Hurts have generated 10 touchdowns this season. Four have been through the air, six from him running. He has thrown for 1,359 yards. In contrast, loom at other NFCE Qb's. Coop has seven touchdowns on only 839 yards passing. Wentz has ten touchdowns on 1,390 yards passing (with a lot more turnovers). I'll leave Jones out of this, as his numbers are a horror story. Why is this? Simple: when it counts, Hurts can't find his receivers. Last year, Hurts had more time in the pocket to throw (3.5 secs) than any QB in the league. The numbers are probably very similar this year. Hurts does not read defenses well. I can't count how many times I have seen wide open receivers in Eagle games never get the ball. Brady would set new records under those conditions. I can't recall Hurts ever getting to his third look before bailing out on a play.

Hurts makes plays with his legs. That's good for him, because when defenses break down in the secondary, more often than not Hurts is running and not seeing someone streaking across the field open. Brown, Smith, Goedart, and Watkins can run. They don't have any turtles out there running routes. But even fast guys are useless without the ball.

Hurts has six rushing touchdowns. Some are designed runs, some are not. He simply isn't good in the red zone. Defenses shut him down, so he has to run.

Hurts has been sacked 11 times this year. Some of those are because he didn't see the open man and had to run. He has two int's and two fumbles this year. Considering how much he runs, the fumble number is quite good.

This bodes well for our defense. Mailata will probably play but will be nowhere at 100%. Kelce may be out with an ankle issue, so their rookie will probably play--if not, we get a wounded Kelce. Seumalo, their right guard, is also banged up. Our defense can put pressure all game long on a QB who doesn't see the field. We know the most important position on the field is QB. Hurts can't run all game long against our defense. Our defense generally doesn't leave receivers running wild all game.

Contain Hurts, make him do something he has not shown that he can do, which is read the defense and make the play. We will win this game in their backyard by double digits folks. Hurts is not good enough to beat this team.

So the fact Hurts has led the Eagles to an average of 27 points/game and a 5-0 record means he isn't any good? Your 'proof' is that he only has 4 passing TD's while the Eagles have 12 rushing TD's....so because they design rushing TD's in the Red Zone to score it means Hurts is no good. Hmmmm....Brady has 7 passing TD's, Cousins has 7 passing TD's, Stafford has 5 passing TD's, Wilson has 4 passing TD's, Murray has 6 passing TD's, and Dak has 0 passing TD's.....so does that mean all the other QB's listed sucks and that Hurts is better than Dak? Oh, and Jared Goff has 11 passing TD's which is 4th best in the NFL so I guess Goff is a Top 5 QB now?

Your logic is so screwed up.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The eagles have beaten a bunch of nobodies barely

We thrash them
the revenge of the pickle juice game!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You havent been watching the Eagles much this season. Hurts has been playing as well as anyone and is the lead MVP candidate.

Contain Hurts? Not so easy. Hurts is throwing the ball all over the yard buddy. And when there is nothing he takes off.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Umm…I hate to say it but Hurts is in the conversation for NFL MVP.

I have questions about him being a pocket passer but he’s one of the best running QBs I’ve seen which gives him cushion to throw.

Once Dak gets back I like our chances if we can spy him well but dude is having a year.

You can tell who are the homers that dont watch much football.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We certainly can’t afford to allow him to make plays with his legs with the game on the line in the fourth quarter. We may spy on him with Parsons. Some of those runs Daniel Jones had kept them in the game.
Daniel Jones is not a bad quarterback. He is 4-1 and beat Rodgers. Jones is one of the better running quarterbacks in the league. Of course the Cowboys shut him down, he sucks. Hurts is a good quarterback but he is not the passer that Brady, Stafford, and Burrow are. Win or lose I will give Hurts his flowers. I just think the Cowboys are a bad matchup for him as I seen us shut him down both times we played him. Both of those games we had Jaylon Smith on the field. Hurts has limitations that the Cowboys will expose.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To that logic who has Dallas beaten since people use that logic to minimize Rush winning.
The rams and Giants both are good teams as the season will prove out. The cards and Lions just plain stink

Staubacher

Reaction score
Record of teams Philly beat: 11-15 (.423 win %)

Record of teams Dallas beat: 13-13 (.500 win %)
Dallas # is actually 10-11. You're counting Tampa Bay which was DAKs loss lol

The more accurate way is to count the other teams record when they haven't played Dallas. That would make the teams we beat 10-7.

We're beating good teams

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Great post. I was decidedly down on him after last year, and even now I am still reserving judgement. But you have to give the guy credit and acknowledge he's worked on his passing game. Anyone who thinks otherwise probably hasn't watched a lot of him.
Plus AJ Brown is a monster.

One reason he’s improved he’s got some weapons. Not just AJ Brown but Devante Smith who has the same number of catches as Brown. This is a make or break year for Jalen Hurts and so far he’s on the right track.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think it’s going to take more than 20 to beat them.

Well, we've been scoring more than 20, although last week we needed a defensive score and blocked punt to do it. That's why I think forcing Hurts into some mistakes is important. Hopefully, our defense can cause some poor throws that lead to interceptions and help the offense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well, we've been scoring more than 20, although last week we needed a defensive score and blocked punt to do it. That's why I think forcing Hurts into some mistakes is important. Hopefully, our defense can cause some poor throws that lead to interceptions and help the offense.

It’s going to take more than 20 from our offense and we’re going to have to be able to sustain some drives. I just don’t believe what we’ve seen from our offense this season is going to get it done in this game unless we’re able to run the ball consistently. Parsons has a groin and no telling how effective he will be. He could aggravate it after a few plays and be on the sidelines the rest of the game. He’ll be limited in some capacity so that could have an affect on our defense.

Last edited:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dallas # is actually 10-11. You're counting Tampa Bay which was DAKs loss lol

The more accurate way is to count the other teams record when they haven't played Dallas. That would make the teams we beat 10-7.

We're beating good teams

Sorry but Dallas played TB so their record is factored in and why have so many claimed Dallas hasn't played good teams when people were discussing Rush being 4-0?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Cooper Rush has only 4 TD's this year....he has 7 his whole career

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

but i really like your confidence...makes my 10 Plat guarantee "Heka" feel better