We won in spite of McCarthy. Thank Dak for saving this game

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Never been more annoyed with McCarthy. Doesn't know when to take a 2nd and 19 versus 3rd and 7. Doesn't know when to go for 2, should have gone for it the first time. Doesn't know how to take a timeout when his team is at the 6 yd with 2 yards to go for a first. Instead we lose 5 yards for delay of game. The pass to CD on 3rd down was just a bad idea. Incomplete and stopping the clock. I wouldn't let Mccarthy back on the plane if this was a road game.

I'm just thankful Dak is playing out of his mind right now and saved the day. Lots of other contributors but yeah Dak.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Never been more annoyed with McCarthy. Doesn't know when to take a 2nd and 19 versus 3rd and 7. Doesn't know when to go for 2, should have gone for it the first time. Doesn't know how to take a timeout when his team is at the 6 yd with 2 yards to go for a first. Instead we lose 5 yards for delay of game. The pass to CD on 3rd down was just a bad idea. Incomplete and stopping the clock. I wouldn't let Mccarthy back on the plane if this was a road game.

I'm just thankful Dak is playing out of his mind right now and saved the day. Lots of other contributors but yeah Dak.
:facepalm:

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score

McCarthy is maddening

Dallasfann

Reaction score
McCarthy tried everything he could to lose that game. I'm not someone that thinks we fire him right away because of one game..but he deserves the criticism he gets from this board and media for this game. He was awful tonight.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
The delay was smart but he was trying call time out. I rather 2nd and 7 anyway. More room we suck up close

Overall mike just isn’t that smart. Being way too aggressive

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
McCarthy gives me zero confidence in the playoffs. Seems like in big games like this, he tends to outsmart himself and gets lost with bad decisions. Plus, all of the penalties again. Can this team go on the road in the playoffs and play a semi-clean game with less than 5 penalties? :(

The margin for error in the playoffs is so slim. Every decision, every penalty, every attention to detail matters and can be the difference between advancing or going home

HungryLion

Reaction score
What exactly did he do wrong?

The delay of game was bad, but that’s more on the QB than the HC imo.

taking the 1 point was fine at that point in the game.

Going for the 4th down was fine in that situation.

The only bad decision was the last play IMO.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Offense had to score 41 points to win. No way Mike deserves blame for that. And he called that 3rd down call because he couldn't trust the defense. If the defense doesn't suck tonight he's not gambling like that.
He made some putz calls that left points on the field.