We won in spite of McCarthy. Thank Dak for saving this game

Bardley1985

Reaction score
Easy to sit back and armchair QB. I didn’t like the outcome, but it came down to the players on the field and execution and they didn’t make those plays, but was later able to redeem himself

mldardy

Reaction score
I criticized the defense in the post you quoted. You pay attention.
No you didn’t. You’ve spent all night trying to blame McCarthy for trying to get more points when he knew our defense couldn’t get a stop.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Never been more annoyed with McCarthy. Doesn't know when to take a 2nd and 19 versus 3rd and 7. Doesn't know when to go for 2, should have gone for it the first time. Doesn't know how to take a timeout when his team is at the 6 yd with 2 yards to go for a first. Instead we lose 5 yards for delay of game. The pass to CD on 3rd down was just a bad idea. Incomplete and stopping the clock. I wouldn't let Mccarthy back on the plane if this was a road game.

I'm just thankful Dak is playing out of his mind right now and saved the day. Lots of other contributors but yeah Dak.
Y’all just want to complain.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The game management was just bizarre tonight. The QB, along with some very timely big plays from the defense, bailed Mike out this time.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
MM made a couple of questionable decisions for sure but the reason this game was so close was the D didn't turn up til late in the day and our discipline on both sides of the ball was horrendous.

mldardy

Reaction score
Good, buh bye troll.
I’m still here and will always be here. The only troll I’ve seen is you tonight. Mad because no cares or agrees with your pathetic views. Also stop trying to bait someone. You are desperate for attention.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Never been more annoyed with McCarthy. Doesn't know when to take a 2nd and 19 versus 3rd and 7. Doesn't know when to go for 2, should have gone for it the first time. Doesn't know how to take a timeout when his team is at the 6 yd with 2 yards to go for a first. Instead we lose 5 yards for delay of game. The pass to CD on 3rd down was just a bad idea. Incomplete and stopping the clock. I wouldn't let Mccarthy back on the plane if this was a road game.

I'm just thankful Dak is playing out of his mind right now and saved the day. Lots of other contributors but yeah Dak.
SMFH!!! Dude we WON BECAUSE OF McCarthy!!!!

TWOK11

Reaction score
So MM gets no credit for bringing out the best version of Dak? His playcalling is CLEARLY a huge reason behind Dak taking this next step.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
I’m still here and will always be here. The only troll I’ve seen is you tonight. Mad because no cares or agrees with your pathetic views. Also stop trying to bait someone. You are desperate for attention. You obviously dont know football. So Welcome to IGN
You and I see things differently. Yes, thank you for ignoring me so I dont have to respond to you. Your knowledge of pro football is deficient.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
So MM gets no credit for bringing out the best version of Dak? His playcalling is CLEARLY a huge reason behind Dak taking this next step.
Dak was already very good. I don't know what McCarthy has done different for Dak. At the beginning of the season Dak was mediocre. I imagine that Dak told McCarthy what he wants to do and McCarthy listened. I guess Mac should get credit for doing something different?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
McCarthy has had this team sustain regular season success in a way previous coaches (Wade, Bill, Garrett) could not. Of course we want more, but I have to give the guy credit.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Well Dak finally did it. Saved his team's arse by playing well. Won a shoot out against an above .500 team. Delivered in the final quarter when the whole pressure was on him. He's checking quite a few boxes this year.