We won in spite of McCarthy. Thank Dak for saving this game

links18

Reaction score
He should just be the offensive coordinator. Bring in someone to manage the timeouts and make the right decisions on 4th down as Head Coach.
That's what people said about Garrett.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Never been more annoyed with McCarthy. Doesn't know when to take a 2nd and 19 versus 3rd and 7. Doesn't know when to go for 2, should have gone for it the first time. Doesn't know how to take a timeout when his team is at the 6 yd with 2 yards to go for a first. Instead we lose 5 yards for delay of game. The pass to CD on 3rd down was just a bad idea. Incomplete and stopping the clock. I wouldn't let Mccarthy back on the plane if this was a road game.

I'm just thankful Dak is playing out of his mind right now and saved the day. Lots of other contributors but yeah Dak.
OMG....what game were you watching..... Blaming MM when his offense put up 40pts and the Dan Quinn defense gets torched...DEFENSE IS TRASH...:AGAIN....not 1 punt all game. The offense saved the game and defense is a hot freaking mess.....DQ had another Superbowl choke job.going on..but this time Dak and MM save the game for him.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Offense had to score 41 points to win. No way Mike deserves blame for that. And he called that 3rd down call because he couldn't trust the defense. If the defense doesn't suck tonight he's not gambling like that.
Exactly, a very heady call under the circumstances but unpopular one among fans. He trusted the offense more than the defense thus get some sure points to possibly keep it a back and forth one score to win game scenario.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Never been more annoyed with McCarthy. Doesn't know when to take a 2nd and 19 versus 3rd and 7. Doesn't know when to go for 2, should have gone for it the first time. Doesn't know how to take a timeout when his team is at the 6 yd with 2 yards to go for a first. Instead we lose 5 yards for delay of game. The pass to CD on 3rd down was just a bad idea. Incomplete and stopping the clock. I wouldn't let Mccarthy back on the plane if this was a road game.

I'm just thankful Dak is playing out of his mind right now and saved the day. Lots of other contributors but yeah Dak.
I expect a certain amount of calamity from meathead McCarthy. He will continue to have his momentary lapse of judgement.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Dont forget pete caroll ! he gave dallas the game when he went for the 1st down at the 50, and he had the lead !
I would have punted, let dallas drive 90 yds for the score.
Then he did it again and that was horrible play, lol no one even blocked parsons, like the forgot about him ! as jed clampett would say
thats pitiful.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
The pass to CD when we should have ran the clock with a run reminded me of how we beat the Giants many moons ago during the Romo years.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
The object of the game is to beat the opponent by at least 1. Offense has to score 1 more point than the opponent's offense to win. That said, if the defense isn't holding the opponent to 1 less point than the offense, we don't win. Was Seattle ever in the lead? My point is Dan Quinn is more to blame than McCarthy if we lose.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
OMG....what game were you watching..... Blaming MM when his offense put up 40pts and the Dan Quinn defense gets torched...DEFENSE IS TRASH...:AGAIN....not 1 punt all game. The offense saved the game and defense is a hot freaking mess.....DQ had another Superbowl choke job.going on..but this time Dak and MM save the game for him.
You gotta love Parsons. He was there when we needed him at the end.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Seattle got outcoached! Big Mike's playcalling was spot-on! The haters will never give credit where credit is due as is obvious by the bulk of this thread. Those of us not blinded by bias against Mike McCarthy can see he is on a path to becoming Coach of the Year. Watch that happen when the Cowboys win out and claim the 1-seed in the NFC playoffs.

EversonIWasAYoungBoy

Reaction score
We also need to thank Lockett for dropping the sure TD and be thankful that Seattle can’t do the tush push on the very next play.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
You a fan...figure it out without blaming a thing as background?
Yea I'm tryna figure out how we won in spite of Mike when he's the one calling the plays all game, 2 mistakes he made, no coach is perfect. Does that make you happy smart ***

aikemirv

Reaction score

Going for it on 4th when we needed a FG

aikemirv

Reaction score
I just addressed that. CD makes the catch it’s a 1st.
That has nothing to do with the decision. No guarantee you score a TD even if he catches it.

Bad decision. You flat out needed the 3 pts. Would have made the last stop meaningless by the D

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Seattle got outcoached! Big Mike's playcalling was spot-on! The haters will never give credit where credit is due as is obvious by the bulk of this thread. Those of us not blinded by bias against Mike McCarthy can see he is on a path to becoming Coach of the Year. Watch that happen when the Cowboys win out and claim the 1-seed in the NFC playoffs.
As good as the playcalling was from the 20s, it was equally bad inside the 10-yard line.

The play where Tyler Smith was illegally downfield was a good example, that play was ugly from the start and so were others.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
As good as the playcalling was from the 20s, it was equally bad inside the 10-yard line.

The play where Tyler Smith was illegally downfield was a good example, that play was ugly from the start and so were others.
You see bad playcalling when I see poor player execution.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike M has a history of bad time management and it could have cost the game. Thankfully it did not.