We won in spite of McCarthy. Thank Dak for saving this game

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Never been more annoyed with McCarthy. Doesn't know when to take a 2nd and 19 versus 3rd and 7. Doesn't know when to go for 2, should have gone for it the first time. Doesn't know how to take a timeout when his team is at the 6 yd with 2 yards to go for a first. Instead we lose 5 yards for delay of game. The pass to CD on 3rd down was just a bad idea. Incomplete and stopping the clock. I wouldn't let Mccarthy back on the plane if this was a road game.

I'm just thankful Dak is playing out of his mind right now and saved the day. Lots of other contributors but yeah Dak.
go for 1 there and miss, then we are down 2 scores at 35-26 after their TD. Going for one ensured that when we got the ball back, it would be a 1 score game

Proof

Reaction score
Never been more annoyed with McCarthy. Doesn't know when to take a 2nd and 19 versus 3rd and 7. Doesn't know when to go for 2, should have gone for it the first time. Doesn't know how to take a timeout when his team is at the 6 yd with 2 yards to go for a first. Instead we lose 5 yards for delay of game. The pass to CD on 3rd down was just a bad idea. Incomplete and stopping the clock. I wouldn't let Mccarthy back on the plane if this was a road game.

I'm just thankful Dak is playing out of his mind right now and saved the day. Lots of other contributors but yeah Dak.
i am a fan of mac, but this was one of the worst called games i can recall. dak definitely saved his bacon

Swagger

Reaction score
Lol u guys are clueless
Called a great game except for that 3rd down call
He should just be the offensive coordinator. Bring in someone to manage the timeouts and make the right decisions on 4th down as Head Coach.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like the aggressiveness compared to playing for field goals(Garrett). The only call that I didn’t agree with was not accepting that penalty putting them at 3rd and 7. The defense was getting gashed, he knew TD’s were more important that FG’s.

Swagger

Reaction score
I didn't agree with not taking the field goal. Not taking the 3 points gave the Seahawks a TD on the ensuing drive as well. Bland had been torched all game and the D wanted something tangible to show for his interception. It keeps the juices flowing and gives everyone a sense of worth and value. This is what analytics don't take into consideration. Yes, Lamb should have caught the ball but there's always that risk on a 4th down.

Had the field goal been taken the Seahawks wouldn't have had a minute 45 seconds to win the game with a TD - they should have only had a minute but that's another issue!

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We scored 41 points my guy. Defense needed to play better and was horrible. Left points on the field my ***.
Not denying that the defense looked like something that fell out of the south end of a northbound horse. Lately any of these screw-ups are immaterial because we have big leads. In a tight game it can hurt us and almost hurt us tonight. Coach needs to be sharp and mistake free. Fat Mac wasn't. Dak and the offense bailed him out tonight.

There was twice he could have kicked a FG and chose to go for it on 4th down and failed . . . once in the redzone and again from the 40 yard line. Neither drive yielded points. Surprised you missed that.

So yes, 41 points is good but the game shouldn't have come down to the wire. If we'd made the 2 easily makeable FG's the game just wouldn't have been that close.

So your *** might be showing if you can't see that .

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

It's crazy to think that Dak is actually carrying this team.

mldardy

Reaction score
Not denying that the defense looked like something that fell out of the south end of a northbound horse. Lately any of these screw-ups are immaterial because we have big leads. In a tight game it can hurt us and almost hurt us tonight. Coach needs to be sharp and mistake free. Fat Mac wasn't. Dak and the offense bailed him out tonight.

There was twice he could have kicked a FG and chose to go for it on 4th down and failed . . . once in the redzone and again from the 40 yard line. Neither drive yielded points. Surprised you missed that.

So yes, 41 points is good but the game shouldn't have come down to the wire. If we'd made the 2 easily makeable FG's the game just wouldn't have been that close.

So your *** might be showing if you can't see that .
Good? No 41 points is great. Without them we don't win tonight. I'm not going to blame McCarthy for trying to get more points when our defense flat out sucked and couldn't stop a pig in an alley. McCarthy doesn't take those risks if our defense played even decent tonight.

If he kicks those FGs and the Seahawks go down and score TDs on our defense you'd been crying 'why didn't McCarthy go for it and try to get a TD' :rolleyes: .

You're showing your *** by making excuses for the defense and not holding the defense accountable AT ALL.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Lol u guys are clueless
Called a great game except for that 3rd down call
I think coaches can coach great games and still lose the game for their team. Go ask Seahawks fans about that against the Patriots.

McCarthy had a few questionable decisions that absolutely could of lost us the game. I actually like Mike...but this was not his best coaching job tonight.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Good? No 41 points is great. Without them we don't win tonight. I'm not going to blame McCarthy for trying to get more points when our defense flat out sucked and couldn't stop a pig in an alley. McCarthy doesn't take those risks if our defense played even decent tonight.

You're showing your *** by making excuses for the defense and not holding the defense accountable AT ALL.
Can you not give the Seahawks credit? Were they not a wounded animal? Do they not have a superbowl winning coach? They got the same salary cap as us. They got some star players. Yeah our Defense didnt play all that great, but they did enough just like the offense did. But McCarthy is just not a good game time manager. I need my coach to make smart decisions at the right time to make me go, dang he knows what he's doing. Yeah I get 41 points and we needed every point to make up for his stupid choices.

mldardy

Reaction score
Can you not give the Seahawks credit? Were they not a wounded animal? Do they not have a superbowl winning coach? They got the same salary cap as us. They got some star players. Yeah our Defense didnt play all that great, but they did enough just like the offense did. But McCarthy is just not a good game time manager. I need my coach to make smart decisions at the right time to make me go, dang he knows what he's doing. Yeah I get 41 points and we needed every point to make up for his stupid choices.
Can you blame the defense? No you can’t and you’ve shown that multiple times. And I’ve given the Seahawks credit for making our defense look bad. Pay attention.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Can you blame the defense? No you can’t and you’ve shown that multiple times. And I’ve given the Seahawks credit for making our defense look bad. Pay attention.
I criticized the defense in the post you quoted. You pay attention.