We won in spite of McCarthy. Thank Dak for saving this game

817Gill

Reaction score
Game management is an issue for every coach in the league. Ask the fans of other teams, many people hate Shanahan late in close games (28-3 as well).

Andy Reid got this his whole career until he got Mahomes. It’s just plain hard to make all these decisions and call plays and be in the heat of a riled up crowd.

We get to make decisions from a couch with no other in-game responsibilities. You just gotta hope it’s not one mistake too many or that your QB/players bail you out once in a while.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Never been more annoyed with McCarthy. Doesn't know when to take a 2nd and 19 versus 3rd and 7. Doesn't know when to go for 2, should have gone for it the first time. Doesn't know how to take a timeout when his team is at the 6 yd with 2 yards to go for a first. Instead we lose 5 yards for delay of game. The pass to CD on 3rd down was just a bad idea. Incomplete and stopping the clock. I wouldn't let Mccarthy back on the plane if this was a road game.

I'm just thankful Dak is playing out of his mind right now and saved the day. Lots of other contributors but yeah Dak.
Fess up, Jerry was meant by you.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Never been more annoyed with McCarthy. Doesn't know when to take a 2nd and 19 versus 3rd and 7. Doesn't know when to go for 2, should have gone for it the first time. Doesn't know how to take a timeout when his team is at the 6 yd with 2 yards to go for a first. Instead we lose 5 yards for delay of game. The pass to CD on 3rd down was just a bad idea. Incomplete and stopping the clock. I wouldn't let Mccarthy back on the plane if this was a road game.

I'm just thankful Dak is playing out of his mind right now and saved the day. Lots of other contributors but yeah Dak.
Ridiculous. Dak and McCarthy have become an irresistible force.

quickccc

Reaction score

Can't take too much away from McCarthy, maybe he is not perfect, and stll has room to grow,
but this is still his Tex Coast offensive scheme that help put 41 points on the scoreboard.

And 41 points is clearly nuthin' to sneeze at or ignore.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Dak was already very good. I don't know what McCarthy has done different for Dak. At the beginning of the season Dak was mediocre. I imagine that Dak told McCarthy what he wants to do and McCarthy listened. I guess Mac should get credit for doing something different?
This really makes no sense.

Anyone with eyes can see that Dak is playing his best ball right now and the playcalling is part of that.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Can you not give the Seahawks credit? Were they not a wounded animal? Do they not have a superbowl winning coach? They got the same salary cap as us. They got some star players. Yeah our Defense didnt play all that great, but they did enough just like the offense did. But McCarthy is just not a good game time manager. I need my coach to make smart decisions at the right time to make me go, dang he knows what he's doing. Yeah I get 41 points and we needed every point to make up for his stupid choices.
So, you say all that stuff about the Seahawks as if they deserved to win but somehow came up short.

If you could be so generous with your opinion of the Cowboys it might be a more even playing field in your mind.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
There were a couple of odd calls but I think he was concerned or trying to protect his defense a bit. I knew they were struggling ..........,

You guys keep saying Dak bailed him........who called those plays? I have no problem with MM. He is the primary reason this offense is on fire.

BTW......Do you guys need a reminder of KM's offense

Last edited:

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I didn’t like the fade route on 3rd and 3. If passing give Dak multiple safe options or option to run if nothing is there to keep clock moving

Cmac

Reaction score
I didn’t like the fade route on 3rd and 3. If passing give Dak multiple safe options or option to run if nothing is there to keep clock moving
Very baffling......is CeeDee the only WR out there and is that the best situational call to make?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6 games of 40+ points, 3 with 30.. 2 of 3 losses is when offense scored 28.

I'm thinking McCarthy MAY know how to coach a professional football team.
He hasn’t figured out how to get his team to limit penalties though.. penalties come playoff time is not good.