Weather where you are

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A windy 35 F with a bit of mixed rain, sleet and snow.

I am so ready for spring.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I went outside this evening to enjoy the cool of the evening.

Didn't Happen !!

Dewpoint 68F -- Feels like 93F

triplets_93

Reaction score
105F Heat Index - Dew point 70F

52966681092_4dc48eefaf_o.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Summer has announced it's coming to central Texas, 100 today but hitting 106 this week.

Can't complain, we actually had a spring and this is late showing up. Just hope it doesn't decide to stay through October.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We just had a big rain and hail storm blow through our area in NW Montana. The temperatures dropped from 80 to 63 in about 30 minutes.

It is really incredible to see a storm roll over the Swan mountains.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Very unpleasant heat this morning.

9am - Feels like 91F, Humidity 79%, Dewpoint 76F, Actual temp 83F

triplets_93

Reaction score
Hazardous Weather Conditions

Heat Advisory until Saturday, June 17, 08:00 PM CDT
Air Quality Alert
Tornado Watch until June 15, 10:00 PM CDT

Overcast 89°F (32°C)

Humidity 72%

Wind Speed SE 18 G 24 mph

Barometer 29.64 in (1002.7 mb)

Dewpoint 79°F (26°C)

Visibility 10.00 mi

Heat Index 104°F (40°C)

Last update 15 Jun 7:53 pm CDT

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Strange weather the last week or 10 days. Nighttime temperatures in the high 40's to low 50's and daytime highs in the low 60's... really nice, but it won't last.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not much of an update but still sunny in the mid-60’s :grin:

However, heading to Houston in two weeks for a bit and not looking forward to the sauna :thumbdown:

T-RO

Reaction score
Like you, t_93, I'm a weather geek. I even buy special apps and subscriptions. Cheers!

It's been quite a year. California and some other Western states have been 5-12 degrees below normal this entire year. It was a massive factor in producing the Armageddon 800 inch snow year, and kept that huge snow from quickly melting. Massive snow even now sits on top of the Sierras. Here in Arizona it's been 8-10 degrees below average almost the whole year. And gratefully so. Even we had a massive snow year, which extended unusually late. We are grateful for the water.

I saw the hard data where it shows the U.S. as a whole has been nearly 2 degrees below historic averages in 2022. Not saying it proves anything about anything. We just got weather.

Creeper

Reaction score
Like you, t_93, I'm a weather geek. I even buy special apps and subscriptions. Cheers!

It's been quite a year. California and some other Western states have been 5-12 degrees below normal this entire year. It was a massive factor in producing the Armageddon 800 inch snow year, and kept that huge snow from quickly melting. Massive snow even now sits on top of the Sierras. Here in Arizona it's been 8-10 degrees below average almost the whole year. And gratefully so. Even we had a massive snow year, which extended unusually late. We are grateful for the water.

I saw the hard data where it shows the U.S. as a whole has been nearly 2 degrees below historic averages in 2022. Not saying it proves anything about anything. We just got weather.
It has been very cool on the East coast for the most part so far this year. Even as summer starts we have been struggling to his 80 degrees most days and it drops into the 50s at night. Right now we are dealing with a massive low pressure area that is moving slowly NE but dragging in a lot of moisture and rain. I love the hot weather so it has been disappointing so far.

As for the pattern, I don't know but there were some Russian scientists claiming we are heading into a significant cooling period. I certainly hope not.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Be cautious with outdoor activities in the Extreme Heat.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/f...-at-national-park-were-from-orlando-officials

At 6 p.m., Big Bend National Park officials said it received an emergency call for help along the trail. A team of Park Rangers and U.S. Border Patrol Agents reached the trail at 7:30 p.m. and found the teenager dead.

A search then began for the father, who was found 30 minutes later dead inside his vehicle, which has crashed over an embankment at the Boquillas Overlook, officials said.

"The father from what we can understand was driving, as you could imagine, probably pretty stressed out and frantic to get help to his sons, and at some point had a crash over an embankment," VandenBerg said.