Weeden happy to see Jerry Jones watch playoffs from couch

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I knew it was just a matter of time. This is the perfect storm and the catalyst is one Brandon Weeden.

1. 4 win season
2. Incredible media criticism of yet another lackluster season filled with excuses
3. The pinnacle.... Brandon Weeden leading the other Texas team to the playoffs!

The perfect ******* storm to take Jerry over the edge and FORCE real change.

I LOVEEEEE it.... ..

Dude its so perfect! I think I just peed a little in my jeans. I'm so excited.

kevm3

Reaction score
How could they not take a critical look already? He looked 10x more comfortable running the Texans offense on Sunday than he ever did here. When you consider the fact that he was here for 2 years learning the offense and only with the Texans for a month, how does that not raise eyebrows with the Jones clan? Are they that beholden to Garrett?

We'll probably fire Linehan and hire some new OC who'll have to work within the confines of the Garrett system and we'll get the same results.

Myboys

Reaction score
None taken and at this point in the season, I totally agree with that.. Imagine if he'd done it when he had the opportunity here. We'd be positively giddy.

I'm not so sure he had much of an opportunity here. To have an opportunity to win you have to have a competent team and coaching staff. Dallas doesn't seem to have either.

scottsp

Reaction score
I have no problems with Weeden taking a poke at Jerry and the organization in response to the question. Amusing stuff actually, and besides, his comments were paltry compared to the snipes Jerry took at him after the move to Cassell was made. Honestly, I don't care if the guy went 8 for 20 with a four picks under center for Houston. In this particular equation, Brandon Weeden is not the one in desperate need of a muzzle.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Let's see, if a job fires me, I will bring the gauntlet down on them if asked about my former employers. Why should I give a **** about someone who fired me, even if I sucked? He's doing the right thing IMO. Having said that, he still sucked here, and thanks to Garrett's putrid scheme, we'll never know if he could have been any good.

ccb04

Reaction score
Weeden helped win one game against arguably the worst team in the league. Guess it's a career highlight for him. As I've mentioned before, he had his moments in Cleveland and with Dallas as well...like when he came in and went 7 for 7 with 1 TD to Williams when Romo went down vs. he Eagles this year. He did the same thing in relief last season, prior to looking like complete crap against a good Arizona team.

If he gets into the playoffs & leads an upset over a good team...then I'd give him some due.

Fact is, none of Weeden, Cassel, or Moore are very good. Weeden is on his 3rd team in as many seasons. Cassel has been with the Pats, Chiefs, Vikes, Bills, & Boys (3 different teams in the last 3 seasons). And Dan Orlovsky beat out Moore for the backup spot with the Lions prior to him coming to the Boys. I do think Moore has it mentally...but has physical limitations that seemingly will always limit him at the NFL level.

They might have been coached/told to be more cautious following turnovers...eg: Cassel's 3 Int's vs. the Giants with a couple being down field throws in another close loss. But even Romo has been consistently counseled to make better decisions throughout his career as well.

The Boys must do a better job of selecting a backup QB (and also one to develop). Kitna & Orton both performed decently in this offense...but both were better than the aforementioned trio.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
The scariest part in all of this is that a team like Houston has managed to piece together 8 or so wins with the likes of Hoyer, Mallet, Yates and Weeden essentially interchanging roles as the backup-turned-starter, while we're 1-9 in that same position.

And it's not just Houston. Indianapolis, Pittsburgh and countless others are able to win games when their franchise QB goes down.

Why can't we? Particularly when the very guys who can't win here are now winning elsewhere.

I used to think we had a backup QB problem. I'm becoming convinced the issue is much larger.

coult44

Reaction score
my hope that whatever shifting is made inhouse on the staff that whoever they bring adds malleability to this stale scheme, or they change the scheme or whatever. a philosophical battle will ensue and the right scheme wins out. i can only hope.

That's where the problem lies. The Cowboys FO will keep doing things exactly the same way just to prove they can get it right. Even if it's 1 out of every 5 years. Or 2 out of 20. They are both just that Pompidou

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Garrett essentially backed that up with his comments today that his offensive system works for anyone and he is happy with it.
That right there shows that linehan is not a OC, and may not even be calling the plays.
JG wont let go of the offense, even if it kills the team.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
That's where the problem lies. The Cowboys FO will keep doing things exactly the same way just to prove they can get it right. Even if it's 1 out of every 5 years. Or 2 out of 20. They are both just that Pompidou

unfortunately. but hey they did switch from the 3-4 to the 4-3 on defense.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The scariest part in all of this is that a team like Houston has managed to piece together 8 or so wins with the likes of Hoyer, Mallet, Yates and Weeden essentially interchanging roles as the backup-turned-starter, while we're 1-9 in that same position.

And it's not just Houston. Indianapolis, Pittsburgh and countless others are able to win games when their franchise QB goes down.

Why can't we? Particularly when the very guys who can't win here are now winning elsewhere.

I used to think we had a backup QB problem. I'm becoming convinced the issue is much larger.

That does tell a story.
It is all about how they use players, not so much the players themselves.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

126070-Brandon-Weeden-mean-tweet-meme-E4M6.png

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Dude its so perfect! I think I just peed a little in my jeans. I'm so excited.

Has there been intense media scrutiny? I don't think so. There are actual good teams and storylines for the media to cover. Outside of Hardy, Dez and Murray - I haven't heard much coverage of the team at all.

punchnjudy

Reaction score

Agreed. To win consistently, nfl teams need a qb who's capable of carrying his teammates in a game when they play poorly and vice versa. This is especially true in the playoffs since even so-called elite qb's rarely light it up in every game. Would be interesting to see how dallas' record over the last 5 or so years compares to the league when the qb has an off game. Dallas has probably been more reliant on tony than any of us want to believe.