Week 1: Connor Williams highest graded

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
That's a lie. Mike brought in DQ.

You are a McCarthy cultist so you obviously are biased. But you are the one spouting lies to push your pro-MM agenda.

Jerry Jones and FO were already scouting DC replacements even before Nolan was officially terminated.

Do your due diligence.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ordinator-following-the-firing-of-mike-nolan/

McCarthy wanted assistants he already coached with. That was not Quinn. McCarthy was pushing for Whitt and Simmons.

This is after McCarthy's hand picked guy Jim Tomsula was also let go.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

I said repeatedly how Connor Williams was not the problem and should have been kept and moved to Center. Lucky for the Dolphins they have a much smarter group of coaches, especially a better Oline Coach. Joe Philbin is a big problem that has been hurting us. Mike McCarthy stubbornly sticking by his old buddy is also not helping.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You are a McCarthy cultist so you obviously are biased. But you are the one spouting lies to push your pro-MM agenda.

Jerry Jones and FO were already scouting DC replacements even before Nolan was officially terminated.

Do your due diligence.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ordinator-following-the-firing-of-mike-nolan/

McCarthy wanted assistants he already coached with. That was not Quinn. McCarthy was pushing for Whitt and Simmons.

This is after McCarthy's hand picked guy Jim Tomsula was also let go.

LOL, so you think Dan Quinn would be the DC without McCarthy? You are delusional.

WTtoolman

Reaction score
Incredible a guy goes from being the most penalized player in the league, changes teams and his offense is called for ONLY ONE offensive penalty all game. He had ZERO penalties all game despite changing positions.
When you don't play for the NFL's cashcow, and being the focal point of the league's most watched games, you don't seem to get called for marginal penalties. Funny how that works.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m no football guru, but lack of strength seemed to be his main deficiency, and playing him at guard really seemed to be a spot that would magnify that deficiency. He was a very marginal player at guard for us.

I am surprised that the Cowboys didn’t at least try him at tackle or center on any meaningful basis.

As a side note, it is odd how often this message board (as a group) keys in on something that the coaching staff just flat out can’t see or refuses to see.

I know they have more overall info than we do, but it’s amazing how often fans see something that the coaches can’t.

I think there are two things that come into play.

1) They trust what they've seen over what they haven't even if what they have seen is only so-so. There is a tendency for a lot of coaches to not make changes unless a starter really screws up. We did that with Williams last year. We only tried McGovern when we could no longer ignore the penalty problems Williams was having.

2) While what you have is bad, the limited solutions you have may be worse. This proved to be the case with McGovern last year. I don't think coaches ever thought Williams was a great guard, just that the options we drafted were worse. Now, that's a shortsighted viewpoint IMO, but it keeps you from maximizing a player's talent. Players get stuck playing a position where they are needed instead of a position they best fit.

Maybe if McGovern hadn't been hurt his rookie year and shown the ability to handle starting at guard, we would have moved Williams to tackle or center, but instead we stuck with Williams at guard for those two reasons IMO.

Creeper

Reaction score
Now everyone is going to pretend they wanted to re-sign him? Just stop. We all wanted to move on from Connor Williams. But he is a good guy by all accounts and I am happy he found a team and position where he can do his best. Maybe the Cowboys missed by not seeing he had C potential before they drafted Biadasz. Maybe they should have moved Williams to C and drafted another LG instead.

But Biadasz actually looks better than last season based on one game against the Bucs. He was basically a rookie last year so let's give him a few games to see how he does.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Incredible a guy goes from being the most penalized player in the league, changes teams and his offense is called for ONLY ONE offensive penalty all game. He had ZERO penalties all game despite changing positions.
What position?……just seen it of course he’s playing center. Imagine that, they got him to play center. It’s the perfect position for a guy who struggles with holding on pass plays. Why didn’t Dallas think of this?

imagine this line up

Smiths at LT
Collins lg
Williams C
Martin RG
Steele/smith RT

Would pound the rock like it’s 2014. My when will these coaches ever learn.

Reactions: BAT

fivetwos

Reaction score
How about we get an OL scheme that's on page with the OC and HC....instead of some mish mosh of what has to be put together in order for Jerry to have control and input and feel comfortable??

Philbin and Moore are together because of Jerry, who at some point is going to have to allow staff building be up to someone else if he expects to win anything.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
LOL, so you think Dan Quinn would be the DC without McCarthy? You are delusional.

You're the only one delusional here.

I supported my stance, where are your receipts?

Back up your big mouth liar.

pansophy

Reaction score

Biadasz is average at best. Interesting they never gave Connor a hard look at center.
Yeah for all the talk by the Jones' about position flex - don't have to be as big and strong at center so surprising they never gave him a shot there.

Reactions: BAT

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You're the only one delusional here.

I supported my stance, where are your receipts?

Back up your big mouth liar.
You call that supporting your stance? No sir! MM was part of the party doing that search for the Cowboys and was the point of contact that drew DQ in. You can try to revise history all you want but these are just facts.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
You call that supporting your stance? No sir! MM was part of the party doing that search for the Cowboys and was the point of contact that drew DQ in. You can try to revise history all you want but these are just facts.

Receipts or shut your trap.