Week 2: Dak Stats vs NFL

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Oh it matters. The lack of passing TD is what's keeping this from being an elite offense.

Yards per drive 35.5 (10th)
Plays per drive 7.3 (2nd)
TOP per drive 3:38 (3rd)
Scoring pct 50% (3rd)
Turnover pct 5% (8th)
Punt pct 30% (7th)
TD pct 20% (19th)

So you're telling me we need to score more touchdowns? I'm still not getting why how we punch it in matters

Fontaine

Reaction score
Over the moon excited that we found this kid, and in the 4th round no less!!

Gabe

Reaction score
Let's compare to Romo's most recent 2015 numbers through 4 games.

Romo
QB Rating 79.4
Comp PCT 68.6
YPG 221.0
YPA 7.3
TDs 5
INTs 7
Fumbles 1

Dak's first game was also against an insanely better NYG defense. I see some people say there is zero question who the better QB is RIGHT NOW. Any thoughts?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Let's compare to Romo's most recent 2015 numbers through 4 games.

Romo
QB Rating 79.4
Comp PCT 68.6
YPG 221.0
YPA 7.3
TDs 5
INTs 7
Fumbles 1

Dak's first game was also against an insanely better NYG defense. I see some people say there is zero question who the better QB is RIGHT NOW. Any thoughts?
For starters, this thread is in part here to compliment Daks progress.
No need for you to slobber all over yourself disrespecting Romo yet again.

But for perspective on last year.....
Let's have Dak play that hurt for 2 1/2 of the 4 games and against that completion and see how he does ...and if the team wins 3 of the 4 anyway.
He would be the first to tell you it'd be very tough.

There's no need to always play Dak against Romo.
They are teammates and Romo is going overboard to help the young man.
Many of us around here actually like and pull for both players

Gabe

Reaction score

Let's have Dak play that hurt for 2 1/2 of the 4 games and against that completion and see how he does ...and if the team wins 3 of the 4 anyway.

There's no need to always play Dak agai st Romo. They are teammates and Romo is going overboard to help the young man.
I wasn't attempting to make excuses for anyone. It was just a post with a few FACTS. It is undoubtedly worth discussing if we want to see this team/franchise get better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Love the low interceptions, but......

He needs to get the ball downfield more. He can't play scared to throw an interception.

He's not turning the ball over. Throwing downfield increases that. I don't think we are going to see him going down field much. They like that he can move the ball and use clock to keep the defense off the field and play conservative.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

There's no need to always play Dak against Romo.
They are teammates and Romo is going overboard to help the young man.
Many of us around here actually like and pull for both players

I Don't see how he disrespected Romo? All he did was compare their stats from last year to this year and Romo was 3-1.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
So you're telling me we need to score more touchdowns? I'm still not getting why how we punch it in matters
Because when you can't pass for a TD, you aren't always going to make up for it with a rushing TD. The red zone TD passes that you aren't getting can result in FG, and the longer TD passes that might have been often end up as punts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Touchdowns from outside red zone

2014: 20
2015: 4
2016: 0

This one's huge, and it's almost all about Romo.

Dak's only played 2 games. That may get better. IT may not. I don't think they care where we score touchdowns from just as long as we score them and win the clock management battle.

erod

Reaction score
He's not turning the ball over. Throwing downfield increases that. I don't think we are going to see him going down field much. They like that he can move the ball and use clock to keep the defense off the field and play conservative.
If Cousins wasn't junk, Dallas loses by 20 points last Sunday.

Dak has to let go a bit.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
G/S/M, Rayne Dakota. G/S/M.

Props, Percy.
Dak's only played 2 games. That may get better. IT may not. I don't think they care where we score touchdowns from just as long as we score them and win the clock management battle.
I'm not trying to predict anything, just showing what a difference it makes when you have an offense that can score from anywhere on the field.

For all I know, we could have three 50+ yard scores next week.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I Don't see how he disrespected Romo? All he did was compare their stats from last year to this year and Romo was 3-1.
You probably need to read his other 100 posts doing so to get it.
He gets pretty nasty. So once he popped up here, well, let's just say he decided not to discuss the thread topic.

There are already multiple threads with people fighting over the two.
This was not supposed to be one of them.
He just can't help himself.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not trying to predict anything, just showing what a difference it makes when you have an offense that can score from anywhere on the field.

For all I know, we could have three 50+ yard scores next week.

You may be a stat guru and a newly crowned moderator but you don't have a clue about how to accumulate likes.

Gabe

Reaction score
You probably need to read his other 100 posts doing so to get it.
He gets pretty nasty. So once he popped up here, well, let's just say he decided to to discuss the thread topic.

There are already multiple threads with people fighting over the two.
This was not supposed to be one of them.
He just can't help himself.
I have NOT been nasty. That is a complete lie. Again, I simply posted a few facts to discuss... And again it is ABSOLUTELY worth discussing.

I appreciate your thread about Dak, and yes he is making tremendous progress with enormous upside ahead.

It is also worth noting that rookie Dak is outperforming recent veteran Romo in several statistical categories. That is really good progress.

Last edited:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
If Cousins wasn't junk, Dallas loses by 20 points last Sunday.

Dak has to let go a bit.

You realize that if Washington had scored any of those other times, maybe, just maybe Dak would have answered? He completed 70% of his passes. No interceptions and almost 10 yards per attempt. Gotta give him a little break.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I have NOT been nasty. That is a complete lie. Again, I simply posted a few facts to discuss... And again it is ABSOLUTELY worth discussing.

I appreciate your thread about Dak, and yes he is making tremendous progress with enormous upside ahead.
Some of your stuff in other threads has been so outlandish I though you were the reincarnated, and much ignored,ufc

I just glaced at one post that was mild and you atill said Romo has been an utter failure for 12 years.
I mean, it doesnt get more dense than that.

But now, this thread is getting sidetracked