Week 2: Dak Stats vs NFL

DFWJC

Reaction score
Nice progress by Dak!
That is the goal right now. Steadily get better and help this team win!

After two weeks, here are Dak's stats and where they rate league-wide

QB rating: 83.1 (21st in the NFL) UP
Pass Yards: 519 (18th) UP
Yards/Game: 260 (20th) UP
Completion %: 62.7 (17th) UP
Yard/Attempt: 6.92 (24th) UP
TD passes: 0 (31st tied ) Down
Interceptions: 0 (11 way tie for 1st) UP
TD:INT ratio: 0 (21st..tied) Down

QB rushing yds: 18 (15th) Down
QB rushing TDs: 1 (2nd..5 way tie) UP

DFWJC

Reaction score
the most impressive stat to me is the INTs.. for a rookie QB that is outstanding
No doubt.

Should be interesting to see who gets their 1st NFL int,; Wentz or Prescott.
In the end, it's the TD:INT ratio that counts (Wentz has 3 TDs and 0 ints).
But zero picks for any rookie with that many attempts in two games is impressive.
The Tds will come.
Dak is looking good--especially for a rook

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
the most impressive stat to me is the INTs.. for a rookie QB that is outstanding

Absolutely -- I think he broke a league record for the most consecutive throws w/o a pick by a rookie QB. Not bad, not bad at all. That 62.7 completion percentage speaks pretty well for a rookie as well. All in all, he's evidently a keeper. :)

lkelly

Reaction score
TD to Int is probably a flawed statistic. I would be more interested in third downs converted and drives ending in scores (particularly TDs). If Dak converts 3 third downs in a drive and it results in a 45 yard FG or a short rushing TD then I'm giving my QB a solid grade when he comes off the field. Compare that metric to Ints in my book.

So far he just hasn't converted enough red zone TDs (specifically in game 1). The drop by The Bease was a big one there.

Aikman was doing his job the year Emmitt ran for 25 TDs. Would he have been better if he had tossed 10 of those to Jay or Michael instead? Would the team be better?

Great job so far by Dak.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Absolutely -- I think it broke a league record for the most consecutive throws w/o a pick by a rookie QB. Not bad, not bad at all.
yes..
Over an two game stretch to begin a career, given the number of attempts.
The record for most consecutive passes to open a career is in range...for Dak and Wentz, actually.

DFWJC

Reaction score
TD to Int is probably a flawed statistic. I would be more interested in third downs converted and drives ending in scores (particularly TDs). If Dak converts 3 third downs in a drive and it results in a 45 yard FG or a short rushing TD then I'm giving my QB a solid grade when he comes off the field. Compare that metric to Ints in my book.

So far he just hasn't converted enough red zone TDs (specifically in game 1). The drop by The Bease was a big one there.

Aikman was doing his job the year Emmitt ran for 25 TDs. Would he have been better if he had tossed 10 of those to Jay or Michael instead? Would the team be better?

Great job so far by Dak.
Over one or two games, I think you have a good point.
Longer term, of course, the TDs need to be much higher than ints or the defense will have no respect.
I'd say 25 TDs and 2 pick is better than 20 Tds and 10 picks, obviously...or 5 TDs and 0 picks.

But anyway, the point of the thread was to show improvement and to update his rankings

erod

Reaction score
Love the low interceptions, but......

He needs to get the ball downfield more. He can't play scared to throw an interception.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
No doubt.

Should be interesting to see who gets their 1st NFL int,; Wentz or Prescott.
In the end, it's the TD:INT ratio that counts (Wentz has 3 TDs and 0 ints).
But zero picks for any rookie with that many attempts in two games is impressive.
The Tds will come.
Dak is looking good--especially for a rook

I cannot stress this enough but the TD to int ratio does not matter if he's leading the team down the field for a rushing TD. Does it matter if instead of a run up the middle he bootleg throws for a TD?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The most impressive stat besides turnovers I guess is 4th qtr comebacks. You just don't see Rookie QB's very often lead their team from behind in 4th qtr and almost in Romo fashion against NY.