Week 2: Dak Stats vs NFL

Gabe

Reaction score
Some of your stuff in other threads has been so outlandish I though you were the reincarnated, and much ignored,ufc

I just glaced at one post that was mild and you atill said Romo has been an utter failure for 12 years.
I mean, it doesnt get more dense than that.

But now, this thread is getting sidetracked
I am tired of seeing this franchise with so much potential continue coming up short. I KNOW Dak gives us the best chance to win right now.

To expand upon your original post. Let's compare Dak through game 1 and 2, against a much improved NYG defense against Romo's most recent numbers last season. He may not even be as good now being older and having had more injuries but let's put that aside.

Can we talk about Dak's progress in that regards?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I am tired of seeing this franchise with so much potential continue coming up short. I KNOW Dak gives us the best chance to win right now.

To expand upon your original post. Let's compare Dak through game 1 and 2, against a much improved NYG defense against Romo's most recent numbers last season. He may not even be as good now being older and having had more injuries but let's put that aside.

Can we talk about Dak's progress in that regards?
I would prefer to talk about Daks progress in the here and now. That would be from week 1 and 2 ...and hopefully cintinuing in week 3.

There's plenty of threads trying to compare Dak and Romo.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Cousins wasn't junk, Dallas loses by 20 points last Sunday.

Dak has to let go a bit.

You can't do the "Dallas loses by 20 if..." type thing though because you dont' know how Dallas would've reacted to that. And next week they will face Hoyer. Another quarterback that makes poor throws at times. The gameplan will be conservative to protect their rookie investment. And its the smart play IMO. Throwing the ball deep is not playing smart football. Keeping the defense honest is. I'm not against it but you're going to lose in this league praying and hoping for the deep ball. At best you'd get one or two a game.

Its important to keep this defense off the field as much as possible. You do that by running the clock and taking the underneath stuff the defense gives you. It may bite us against a high powered offense. But I don't see some for awhile.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You realize that if Washington had scored any of those other times, maybe, just maybe Dak would have answered? He completed 70% of his passes. No interceptions and almost 10 yards per attempt. Gotta give him a little break.

Yeah that's why I don't do the whole "what if" thing because if you're going to do that from one perspective you need to do it from both sides. If Cousins left 20 points up there who's to say Dak didn't or wouldn't have answered?