Week one and Dak Prescott

ESisback

Reaction score
Dak had more attempts, more yards, fewer INTs, a better QBR and better RTG. than Brady in HIS house with an inferior defense after a year off from a brutal injury! So I think the “average” label might be a tad biased.

JReed1000

Reaction score
I totally agree in any other profession but a TEAM sport. The more I make the less we have to build the team around me, I don't ignore that. This can't be.....just about me.

I make sure I have a line in front of me, if I have to make less to get that I will. Think I can make it on 30 mill a year, might be a little tight.

I have a stud WR, he wants more $$$, I will help out, can get by on 25 mill a year. My dad raised us 4 kids on a fraction of that.
You think we really wanna hear about you and your pop raising 20 kids on a shoe string budget here?Dak got his money….Front office has a job too…to put both cheap and expensive parts around him to succeed. Players will never be paid equally by position.

RaZon

Reaction score
You think we really wanna hear about you and your pop raising 20 kids on a shoe string budget here?Dak got his money….Front office has a job too…to put both cheap and expensive parts around him to succeed. Players will never be paid equally by position.

I don't give what ya wanna hear, the guy makes too much $$$$ and only a fool wouldn't see that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Allan looked terrible today .
he did, but pitt had the 2nd best defense in afc last year going by points allowed.
that blocked punt gave the game to steelers, after that it was all pitt.

Also buffalo coach is an idiot, they dont run the ball at all !

QuikZ06

Reaction score
Lol at anyone saying an athlete shouldn’t do commercials or get paid somewhere else….he nearly had a career ending injury and lost a big contract and you expect him not to get paid somewhere else? Some of the stuff people say is beyond comprehension.

RaZon

Reaction score
Lol at anyone saying an athlete shouldn’t do commercials or get paid somewhere else….he nearly had a career ending injury and lost a big contract and you expect him not to get paid somewhere else? Some of the stuff people say is beyond comprehension.

Why not do a little research and see what most think anout these guys doing a ton of commercials like Dak, Mayfield. Apparently ya don't know.

QuikZ06

Reaction score
Why not do a little research and see what most think anout these guys doing a ton of commercials like Dak, Mayfield. Apparently ya don't know.

I don’t have to research anything…it’s stupid end of story. Work is work, you do it to make money, is that not what you do? So someone is supposed to be mad at you for making more money? Ridiculous!!

RaZon

Reaction score
I don’t have to research anything…it’s stupid end of story. Work is work, you do it to make money, is that not what you do? So someone is supposed to be mad at you for making more money? Ridiculous!!

What are you 15?

So you see no difference in a team sport from an insurance salesman or a truck driver, really? Do they deal with a salary cap? Do they sign 3/4 year contracts, were they drafted? Can't they work for whoever they want?

Wow!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
When was Romo making 40 mill a year on a team that needs players? Dak knows the more he makes the less we can pay others. A single dude really needs 40mil a year, ah.....why?

What do ya do with 40 milllion dolllars?

If you are going to put that on Dak then put it on every other big money player in sports. I don't care what Dak does endorsements wise on his free time. As for Romo he did not make 40 mill but he made what was top money at that time. Dak contract is big but as we have seen it is less than Mahomes and now surpassed by Allen and others will soon surpass Dak contract. Dak did what any other QB would do and that is take advantage of FA when your contract expires. Personally when the season starts I don't put much thought into the business side of this game, my interest is in players going out and doing their jobs.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So far so good

Passing Leaders
PLAYER TEAM RESULT COMP ATT YDS TD INT SACK FUM RAT

Dak
Prescott

1. Dak Prescott, QB DAL L 31-29 at TB 42 58 403 3 1 1 0 101.4
2. Tom Brady, QB TB W 31-29 vs. DAL 32 50 379 4 2 0 0 97.0
3. Kirk Cousins, QB MIN L 27-24 at CIN 36 49 351 2 0 3 0 106.8
4. Jared Goff, QB DET L 41-33 vs. SF 38 57 338 3 1 3 0 92.6
5. Patrick Mahomes, QB KC W 33-29 vs. CLE 27 36 337 3 0 2 0 131.4

3 of the 5 QB's on that list LOST...but it's about individual stats and fantasy football so you go Dak

RaZon

Reaction score
If you are going to put that on Dak then put it on every other big money player in sports. I don't care what Dak does endorsements wise on his free time. As for Romo he did not make 40 mill but he made what was top money at that time. Dak contract is big but as we have seen it is less than Mahomes and now surpassed by Allen and others will soon surpass Dak contract. Dak did what any other QB would do and that is take advantage of FA when your contract expires. Personally when the season starts I don't put much thought into the business side of this game, my interest is in players going out and doing their jobs.

Being he does ,make all that endorsement $$$$$ he couldn't have made it easier on his team to build around him?

Come on does a single guy really need that kind of $$$$$? The Cowboys need help, that will help them? There was no.....how can I help this team out at all.

Wife owns a daycare business, I am retired insurance sales, we do pretty good $$$$ wise, but....40 mill a year,, that's crazy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Being he does ,make allthat endorsement $$$$$ he couldn't have made it easier on his team to build around him?

Come on does a single guy really need that kind of $$$$$? The Cowboys need help that will help them? There was no.....how can I help this team out at all.

Again I hate the business side but does any player need the money they get to play a game? In my view NO. However singling Dak out is lame, Dak like any players will go out and seek the best deal they can and within 2 years Dak likely is not even top 5 to top 10 paid. In terms of how he can help this team? he will do as others do which is having his deal restructured over the course of the deal to help free up money to sign players and retain some players. If people want to claim Dak is greedy, fine so is everyone else in professional sports. I don't begrudge him his contract, having said that I don't want to hear him complain about why some other player was not retained. When Watson in Houston did that it hacked me off, when Rodgers started his whine job that hacked me off as well.

RaZon

Reaction score
Again I hate the business side but does any player need the money they get to play a game? In my view NO. However singling Dak out is lame, Dak like any players will go out and seek the best deal they can and within 2 years Dak likely is not even top 5 to top 10 paid. In terms of how he can help this team? he will do as others do which is having his deal restructured over the course of the deal to help free up money to sign players and retain some players. If people want to claim Dak is greedy, fine so is everyone else in professional sports. I don't begrudge him his contract, having said that I don't want to hear him complain about why some other player was not retained. When Watson in Houston did that it hacked me off, when Rodgers started his whine job that hacked me off as well.

When the success of a QB largely depends on those they can put around you it can't be just all about you. Yes it is different than a regular job, who had a salary cap, who was drafted? This is a different world than just pay me all you can, this isn't all about you and that needs to be taken into consideration,

If the Cowboys were winning Superbowls and one of the elite 3/4 teams in the NFL hell yes pay these guys whatever but that isn't how it is. We can't afford to be paying guys huge $$$$ right now since we haven't played in a SB in how long?

Who can't make ends meet making 20mill a year?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
When the success of a QB largely depends on those they can put around you it can't be just all about you. Yes it is different than a regular job, who had a salary cap, who was drafted? This is a different world than just pay me all you can, this isn't all about you and that needs to be taken into consideration,

If the Cowboys were winning Superbowls and one of the elite 3/4 teams in the NFL hell yes pay these guys whatever but that isn't how it is. We can't afford to be paying guys huge $$$$ right now since we haven't played in a SB in how long?

I agree it is different than any reg. job. Dak has pressure on him to produce because he is paid as he is. I'm sorry I will not begrudge him his contract just as I will not begrudge others their money. I think they are all over paid but going after Dak for doing what any player would do I will not do it. Cowboys are expected to go out and win, period

RaZon

Reaction score
I agree it is different than any reg. job. Dak has pressure on him to produce because he is paid as he is. I'm sorry I will not begrudge him his contract just as I will not begrudge others their money. I think they are all over paid but going after Dak for doing what any player would do I will not do it. Cowboys are expected to go out and win, period

Well when you depend on five big guys up front to save your life ya do need to be in touch with reality and there is more to this than grab all that $$$$$ you can.

Dead serious, as an NFL QB I would try to do what I could within reason to help my team. Not a me what about me type guy. Things start getting better, we are winning ok then maybe we can do something different. A losing team paying a QB big $$$$$, huh?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well when you depend on five big guys up front to save your life ya do need to be in touch with reality and there is more to this than grab all that $$$$$ you can.

Dead serious, as an NFL QB I would try to do what I could within reason to help my team. Not a me what about me type guy.

Yes we need players around him just as every QB does and if falls to the organization to structure deals along the way to fit under the cap. Every team will have to deal with this at some point and some already are.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Allan looked terrible today .
Awful!

A breakout season isn’t difficult, repeating and continuously doing it is.

Defensive coordinators get paid in this league a pretty good amount of money to figure out what you do good and to game plan against it.

Take Lamar Jackson for example. Hasn’t made much noise since his MVP season

dcstar

Reaction score
I'll take the W over Mr Prescott being "numero uno" any day. Mr Brady knows how to win.

Go Cowboys!