Week one and Dak Prescott

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't like it, so deal with that, ok?
you obviously are not dealing with it.....you having a very very hard time...all you have complained about is the money...not provided one iota of reason why he doesn't deserve it, nor been able to explain why he isn't a good QB.....your agenda is Dak bashing and Dak bashing only....nothing of what you have said is football related and neither have you provided any reason as to why his money stops the cowboys from being good.....you are what we called in the office the constant complainers, who complain about everything all the time, just because they want to complain and they want everybody else to complain with them...I usually looked for reasons to fire their arses since it sucked the air out of the room where ever they were and they contributed zero to anything

Last edited:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I think Dak is the real deal. The real problem though is the coaches on this team. Coaching is the most under rated spot in sports if you ask me. I had to watch another brainless coach today in Ryan Day cost my Ohio State Buckeyes a win. Not to mention the idiotic defensive coordinator who finally figured out in the 4th quarter you have to send pressure at a quarterback versus rushing just 4 giving him all day to throw. Once they started sending pressure all of a sudden the defense finally started making stops.:facepalm: I mean you sometimes have to wonder how the hell some of these guys get these jobs.....This Oregon quarterback for 3 quarters was back their reading novels waiting for his receivers to get free. Up and down the field all day until the 4th quarter. Not to mention the boneheaded 4th down play calling. I just thought to myself. How the hell can I root for 2 teams with the same problems. Defense and dumb coaching and their decisions:facepalm: Back to Dak!!! Dak will be ok. I had Dallas winning 33-31. The least of my worries were Dak....

RaZon

Reaction score
you obviously are not dealing with it.....you having a very very hard time...all you have complained about is the money...not provided one iota of reason why he doesn't deserve it, nor been able to explain why he isn't a good QB.....your agenda is Dak bashing and Dak bashing only....nothing of what you have said is football related and neither have you provided any reason as to why his money stops the cowboys from being good.....you are what we called in the office the constant complainers, who complain about everything all the time, just because they want to complain and they want everybody else to complain with them...I usually looked for reasons to fire their arses since it sucked the air out of the room where ever they were and they contributed zero to anything

That was pretty weak guy, first why should Dak make what the very elite make, well?
Dak was fantastic, IMO, Threw for 400 yards and 3 TD against the world champions with zero garbage time stats. I like our chances for the post season better than at any time in years.

So in your mind it's....

Mahomes, Rodgers, Prescott, Brady, Wilson, Allen, right?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That was pretty weak guy, first why should Dak make what the very elite make, well?
He makes what the market for top 6 QBs make....as you obviously missed the headlines, Allen just went above that, wilson coming up soon.....like I said dude, if you have an issue with the salary for a top 6 QB, then write an email to all the owners and send one to NFL offices as well and file a formal complaint....Dak is a top 6 QB, I don't say it. you don't say it. 50+ NFL front office personnel, tons of former players and analysts and multiple multiple football publications with football people say it...if you have an issue with his rankings, then I suggest to send an email to all of them and express your displeasure.
So in your mind it's....

Mahomes, Rodgers, Prescott, Brady, Wilson, Allen, right?

at this point, its Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson....then a toss up between Allen and Dak...

I am sure you are going to bring up salary wise he is above some...yes, but wilson and rodgers are about to get new contracts....Allen just got his (more than dak), mayfield et. al are coming due as well.....I think that concept is really hard for you to understand...

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Bradshaw had 212 TD;s, 210INT's , his comp % a terrible 51.9, his passer rating a terrible 70.7

Yes in a bar fight no QB I'd rather have than Terry Bradshaw.
that kinda shows stats dont mean that much.
Bradshaw tended to play big when it counted, in the big games. he won all 4 sb's he played in.
He was a good play caller and leader too.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He makes what the market for top 6 QBs make....as you obviously missed the headlines, Allen just went above that, wilson coming up soon.....like I said dude, if you have an issue with the salary for a top 6 QB, then write an email to all the owners and send one to NFL offices as well and file a formal complaint....Dak is a top 6 QB, I don't say it. you don't say it. 50+ NFL front office personnel, tons of former players and analysts and multiple multiple football publications with football people say it...if you have an issue with his rankings, then I suggest to send an email to all of them and express your displeasure.

at this point, its Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson....then a toss up between Allen and Dak...

I am sure you are going to bring up salary wise he is above some...yes, but wilson and rodgers are about to get new contracts....Allen just got his (more than dak), mayfield et. al are coming due as well.....I think that concept is really hard for you to understand...
I understand the concept, how it works, but I dont like or agree with it.
The owners are so afraid of having to find another qb or other position if a star, that they go along with it.

Mahomes I think proved he was worth it, won SB before getting paid big. Rodgers may have back in 2010 when he won a SB. Wilson proved it and won a SB,
Brady proved it by winning a SB his first year, and then many after.
The rest of these guys are getting the big 2nd contract having not earned it. And by what they get, may keep them from ever winning a SB.

Allen has at leat been to the afc champ game.

Dak while not all his fault, has never even won a div round game, and only been to 2 of them.
So even though he is one of the top qb's, he didnt earn his big payday, and really no way should he have been the highest paid qb in nfl, even though it was for a short period. He did deserve a good payday, just not the highest. But jerry wants to win now and felt dak could do it, so he pre paid for a SB win lol.
Now in the next 2 seasons, we will see what happens.

I think our coaches are not good enough, and dallas has some flaws that will keep them from getting to a SB.
Teams that win SB's usually do everything right and have a little luck to win a SB, and I just dont see dallas doing everything right, and then there is the luck issue lol.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I understand the concept, how it works, but I dont like or agree with it.
The owners are so afraid of having to find another qb or other position if a star, that they go along with it.

Mahomes I think proved he was worth it, won SB before getting paid big. Rodgers may have back in 2010 when he won a SB. Wilson proved it and won a SB,
Brady proved it by winning a SB his first year, and then many after.
The rest of these guys are getting the big 2nd contract having not earned it. And by what they get, may keep them from ever winning a SB.

Allen has at leat been to the afc champ game.

Dak while not all his fault, has never even won a div round game, and only been to 2 of them.
So even though he is one of the top qb's, he didnt earn his big payday, and really no way should he have been the highest paid qb in nfl, even though it was for a short period. He did deserve a good payday, just not the highest. But jerry wants to win now and felt dak could do it, so he pre paid for a SB win lol.
Now in the next 2 seasons, we will see what happens.

I think our coaches are not good enough, and dallas has some flaws that will keep them from getting to a SB.
Teams that win SB's usually do everything right and have a little luck to win a SB, and I just dont see dallas doing everything right, and then there is the luck issue lol.
oh, I don't disagree with you on a few things. the owners have cornered themselves on this one.....even the mahomes contract...giving a 10 year 500M contract, with 2 years remaining on his original contract....that's absurd. I like Mahomes, but come on man.....

and its not about earning it....NFL has never ever been about earning it...its about having potential......and we talk about QBs, but there are other position players that don't earn it via a superbowl or CCG....but they have potential, they are good and they get a contract.....winning the superbowl is hard, very hard. all pieces having to be in place....coaches making right calls at right time more than not....surviving injuries, staying healthy...getting the right calls...etc.....

and Allen only did it one year....he had one good game, the second game he was below average and it was the defense bailing him out...yes, the defense actually holding Ravens to 3 points.....but people attribute that to Allen winning...such is the QBs life in the NFL, in that game Allen was beneficiary as opposed to one who led them to victory....can you imagine a game when our defense gives up only 3 points....

and Dak was never highest paid QB...its always Mahomes for now.....he was briefly 2nd highest paid...ala Watson having been second highest paid for a couple of months...now Dak is 3rd highest paid....and we know wilson is coming up on his 3rd contract...and mayfield is due and several others...so in a year or so, he won't be top 5 and probably in 2 years not even top 10....so all this talk about salary stuff is totally meaningless drivel on dak bashers side given nothing else to argue about...

and I go back to what I said above, its about putting a team together with all the right pieces including the coaches (most important part perhaps and you said it too) that can manage games and lead teams to wins (which against Tampa the coaches sucked). Dak gives this team best chance to win..if not Dak, then who? who viably would be a better option and those who say we could take the money and build defense, haven't provided any names that would transform the defense to a ravenesque type defense of the past when they had dilfer at QB and won a superbowl. which defensive players were available for us to sign and we couldn't. which players were available that we wanted and couldnt' sign. which of our own players did we want to sign and couldn't....

and Dak's cap hit is 22M this year...which ranks him 10th in the league.

the fact is we have sucked at defesive drafting for years.....for years.....we couldn't draft defensively...I am not judging 2020 and 2021, but for 15 years prior we drafted or signed one defensive player of note and that's Lawrence.....and that ain't saying much. in the same period offensively we drafted or signed Dak, Zeke, Smith, Fredrick, Collins, Gallup, Martin, Pollard, Schultz, Dez, Free, etc......fix that and we see a different team

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
How are we still arguing the QB market here....its going higher sit back relax and just know Dak will be like the 10-15 paid QB in 2 years....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
oh, I don't disagree with you on a few things. the owners have cornered themselves on this one.....even the mahomes contract...giving a 10 year 500M contract, with 2 years remaining on his original contract....that's absurd. I like Mahomes, but come on man.....

and its not about earning it....NFL has never ever been about earning it...its about having potential......and we talk about QBs, but there are other position players that don't earn it via a superbowl or CCG....but they have potential, they are good and they get a contract.....winning the superbowl is hard, very hard. all pieces having to be in place....coaches making right calls at right time more than not....surviving injuries, staying healthy...getting the right calls...etc.....

and Allen only did it one year....he had one good game, the second game he was below average and it was the defense bailing him out...yes, the defense actually holding Ravens to 3 points.....but people attribute that to Allen winning...such is the QBs life in the NFL, in that game Allen was beneficiary as opposed to one who led them to victory....can you imagine a game when our defense gives up only 3 points....

and Dak was never highest paid QB...its always Mahomes for now.....he was briefly 2nd highest paid...ala Watson having been second highest paid for a couple of months...now Dak is 3rd highest paid....and we know wilson is coming up on his 3rd contract...and mayfield is due and several others...so in a year or so, he won't be top 5 and probably in 2 years not even top 10....so all this talk about salary stuff is totally meaningless drivel on dak bashers side given nothing else to argue about...

and I go back to what I said above, its about putting a team together with all the right pieces including the coaches (most important part perhaps and you said it too) that can manage games and lead teams to wins (which against Tampa the coaches sucked). Dak gives this team best chance to win..if not Dak, then who? who viably would be a better option and those who say we could take the money and build defense, haven't provided any names that would transform the defense to a ravenesque type defense of the past when they had dilfer at QB and won a superbowl. which defensive players were available for us to sign and we couldn't. which players were available that we wanted and couldnt' sign. which of our own players did we want to sign and couldn't....

and Dak's cap hit is 22M this year...which ranks him 10th in the league.

the fact is we have sucked at defensive drafting for years.....for years.....we couldn't draft defensively...I am not judging 2020 and 2021, but for 15 years prior we drafted or signed one defensive player of note and that's Lawrence.....and that ain't saying much. in the same period offensively we drafted or signed Dak, Zeke, Smith, Fredrick, Collins, Gallup, Martin, Pollard, Schultz, Dez, Free, etc......fix that and we see a different team
I have to agree with you on all that, good post.
What I have noticed for past 4 years, is that our coaches have done a poor job in many areas.
Blocking schemes are awful, I dont even blame zeke for his play anymore after I looked at the blocking schemes.
And Dak isnt getting help from our coaches, if anything they hamper him and zeke.

The whole fist bumping thing when changing to a run is pretty much ********, but our coaches have him do it, and I guess he hasnt objected lol.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have to agree with you on all that, good post.
What I have noticed for past 4 years, is that our coaches have done a poor job in many areas.
Blocking schemes are awful, I dont even blame zeke for his play anymore after I looked at the blocking schemes.
And Dak isnt getting help from our coaches, if anything they hamper him and zeke.

The whole fist bumping thing when changing to a run is pretty much ********, but our coaches have him do it, and I guess he hasnt objected lol.
the coaches job is to put the players in position to succeed and let them execute it...but when for example Moore puts Jarwin isolated trying to block a moving saftey...that's not putting him in a position to succeed. not all players are created equal. they have strength and weaknesses and the next man up is just bullshiet to cover up lack of players and a motivation tool perhaps.....Moore did the same with the Dak interception, two players, sent on the same route, from same side of the field to the same area...how stupid is that...Dak made a great throw exactly where it should have been, CD almost had a catch, but it shouldn't come down to that...Moore made several other bad calls and plays and bad personnel groupings in the redzone.....he is good between the 20s, because of the players he has on the team.....in the redzone his play calling and game management need to be the difference maker and it hasn't been....and I am highly disappointed in MC and how he managed that game....

zerofill

Reaction score
Being honest....Dak came off looking greedy, why would he think he should be paid what SB winning QB 's make? He has no business making more than those guys.

THEN....to watch him selling anything that will pay him, just a bad look. What non winning SB QB is doing commercials? My bad....Baker Mayfield.

Yeah, can't say I disagree with how it looks. But, I wouldn't put it past Jerry lining a lot of that stuff up.
Because every time the Dallas Cowboy's QB is on T.V. the most important thing to him happens, keeping
the franchise the most valuable. Super Bowls are somewhere between 5-10 down on the list of importance lol.

zerofill

Reaction score
Bradshaw is very underrated in some fan's eyes. he called his own plays and played when you could basically put the quarterback in the hospital without a penalty.

A time when you duct taped that broken vertebrae and went back in... HAHA

Was a time when players loved the game. Never see those days again.

RaZon

Reaction score
Bradshaw tended to play big when it counted, in the big games. he won all 4 sb's he played in.
Yeah, can't say I disagree with how it looks. But, I wouldn't put it past Jerry lining a lot of that stuff up.
Because every time the Dallas Cowboy's QB is on T.V. the most important thing to him happens, keeping
the franchise the most valuable. Super Bowls are somewhere between 5-10 down on the list of importance lol.

Young single guy needs that kind if money, why? I would have done all I could to help my team, be aware this isn't just about me,if it is then I have no business playing a team sport.

He makes 40 mill and thinks he needs to sell soup. mattresses anything that will pay him. I don't like it.

RaZon

Reaction score

Bradshaw played on what might have been the best football team ever seen up to that point in time. Any pro QB could have won with that team.

212 TD/210 iINT....think about that. Barely completed half his passes. Come on.

CordovaRaider

Reaction score
When you watched Mahomes today win the game (compared to how Dak settled for a FG with the game on the line and lost), I hope you all finally understand/realize why Dak is definitely an above average NFL QB but not worth what they payed for him. He is a top 15 QB but not the top 5 which the Cowboys paid for him.

RaZon

Reaction score
When you watched Mahomes today win the game (compared to how Dak settled for a FG with the game on the line and lost), I hope you all finally understand/realize why Dak is definitely an above average NFL QB but not worth what they payed for him. He is a top 15 QB but not the top 5 which the Cowboys paid for him.

Dak is probably around 7ish best QB in footballl so pay him as that, that's all. He hasn't won anything. so why pay him like those who have? He isn't on that Mahomes, Wilson, Brady, Rodgers level, his numbers/accomplishments prove that.

Dak played great vs Buc's, hopefully that will be who he is now. He could join the elite.

CordovaRaider

Reaction score
Ranking all NFL QBs:

Elite
1. Mahomes
2. Wilson
3. Jackson
4. Brady
5. Murray
6. Rodgers (he was terrible today)

Above Average
7. Stafford
8. Jimmy G
9. Cousins
10. Carr
11. Dak

RaZon

Reaction score
Ranking all NFL QBs:

Elite
1. Mahomes
2. Wilson
3. Jackson
4. Brady
5. Murray
6. Rodgers (he was terrible today)

Above Average
7. Stafford
8. Jimmy G
9. Cousins
10. Carr
11. Dak

Take a few minutes and Google the stats of those in that second gang and Murray.

Look at...

comp%
yards
TD/INT
passer rating

Actually put some time into this.