CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're on a really shaky limb, and your memory is really bad. Romo was an instant sensation as soon as he stepped on the scene and by the time he had enough attempts to qualify took over the spot as the top rated passer in the NFL from Peyton Manning (whose undefeated Colts be beat that day).
Dak is a dink and dunk passer aided by 200 yard rushing attacks and pro bowl offensive lineman who would be the captain of a 3-13 ship if he were on the 2006 Cowboys. Tony made dozens of throws in his first few games that Dak couldn't even dream of making.

We don't know all the throws that Dak can make. He hasn't been utlilized to his full potential yet. I like the way we're bringing him along, though.

dfense

Reaction score
The kid is unreal. You should be happy. Only a philly fan or Commanders fan would be sulking about it.
Not sulking, tempering my expectations. If he threw 4 TD's last week he'd be "unreal". And I am happy, just not infatuated yet.

Save a seat for me on the Dak wagon after the next two weeks. I'll jump right on.

Instead of just believing that Dak can do it, I'll give Romo the benefit of the doubt than he can until he proves different. Some people (not saying you) seem to forget all the plays Romo has pulled out of his *** to win games for this team. I have not.

and that's all I got.

rpntex

Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb as to say I believe Dak is mentally tougher and ten times further along than Romo was early on in his career.

Dak hasn't shown me any cracks in his armor. Where as Romo, he had to win many and I mean many people over early on...I mean right off the bat boom 5 interception game..then huge melt downs. Stride for stride Dak is much further ahead.

Well, duh...

Considering that Romo didn't see the field until his 4th season, and Dak was forced to man as a rookie, Dak SHOULD be farther along at this point in their respective careers.

And true, Dak hasn't shown any cracks in his armor, but then again, he's still missing opportunities that Romo won't miss. There have been a few poorly thrown passes, but I'm speaking more of passes not thrown that should have been.

rpntex

Reaction score
We don't know all the throws that Dak can make. He hasn't been utlilized to his full potential yet. I like the way we're bringing him along, though.

In other words, they are limiting the playbook, and keeping it tapered to what he's capable of. That's actually a great argument in support of starting a HEALTHY Romo. Tony's playbook is not limited, and forces opposing defenses to be more versatile.

Great job...

Gabe

Reaction score
Unbiased fans overwhelmingly are in favor of Dak. I think an ESPN poll showed 75% in favor of Dak. 2 playoff wins in 13 years just doesn't cut it. 5 TDs and 7 INTs in last 4 games is horrible. He is even more washed up now.

Time to cut dead weight and move on. The sooner we realize this the better off our future will be.

Also, what exactly are we going to be improving upon by trying to bring him back?

Craig

Reaction score
Playbook or not, Dak has had trouble connecting with receivers on mid to long range throws. Im sure that will come along but i would rather they go with healthy Romo until he shows he cant do the job.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In other words, they are limiting the playbook, and keeping it tapered to what he's capable of. That's actually a great argument in support of starting a HEALTHY Romo. Tony's playbook is not limited, and forces opposing defenses to be more versatile.

Great job...
I'm all for Romo getting his job back when fully healthy so what's your point? Mine was that we haven't seen all that Dak can do yet.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Yep I am now seeing it now with this Romo/Dak ordeal. You have a competent rookie that will only get better and has your team 3-1. Should be 4-0 but 3-1 is very solid. We now have a future and can move on. But majority of the fanbase wants to go back to the ex-gf who gives you nothing but grief and just breaks your heart in the end. You kept doing it because you were single. But now that you have a new gf whom you are building a future with, why go back and entertain that? That's the analogy that comes to mind. Romo used to be our savior. Coming back from injury, he walked down the red carpet and we were so thrilled.

I just don't get it. No one can explain it to me with making much sense. Why you would just hand the ball to Romo with no questions asked. Again, what has he done to get that treatment? Go look at the situation in Chicago with Cutler/Hoyer. I am hearing that Chicago will most likely just stick with Hoyer. He's playing well and they don't feel like doing the same song and dance with Cutler again. Cutler is pretty much Romo. Been around about the same number of years. Have the same lack of success. Yet they want to move on from him it seems.

I mean, this fanbase turned on Aikman in a heartbeat and he was getting booed at Texas Stadium. This was just years after giving us 3 Super Bowls. Romo has given us a couple wild card wins and some think he walks on water. Don't get it. He's a good QB no doubt but he's not the guy for this franchise anymore. I think he will suck the life out of what we have going. It's a youth movement going on right now.

Agreed 100% ....Word for Word.

I don't think anyone, could have said all of this any better

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I totally missed this poll. I would have voted no. I don't want him to get back on the field but not because of the backup currently playing. I just don't think he'd stay healthy. I think he's done and I'd rather not go through the drama of him coming back and then leaving in a week on a medevac while we're posting in a Romo Candlelight Vigil thread.

Make do the rest of the season with what you've got. Try to find a young QB with a little bit of talent in the offseason. I'm pretty indifferent about it. I just don't have the energy to care. We were given the savior and we forsook him. So this is like trying to be Judas' life coach after the betrayal. We all know our fate. Cue the violins. We're going down.

But no to Romo. Tired of the sissy oh my spine just snapped/I can't feel my lower half stuff. He was a great player who could have had a great career had he not played for a complete lunatic. It's a shame he will go down to the uneducated as a loser or choke artist.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not sulking, tempering my expectations. If he threw 4 TD's last week he'd be "unreal". And I am happy, just not infatuated yet.

Save a seat for me on the Dak wagon after the next two weeks. I'll jump right on.

Instead of just believing that Dak can do it, I'll give Romo the benefit of the doubt than he can until he proves different. Some people (not saying you) seem to forget all the plays Romo has pulled out of his *** to win games for this team. I have not.

and that's all I got.

I supported Romo harder than anyone. But with Dak he is no longer the future. And Dak is playing so well, why would you go backwards? Its quite clear that Dak is giving this team a spark. The team plays differently with him. Mistake free, up beat. Its amazing. Romo won games on his own and he also lost games on his own. I was NOT a fan of the Romo coaster part of it. NO picks? Dak is everything that Romo was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.