CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSmith

Reaction score
@Reality now just ban all the accounts that voted for Dak and make this forum a nicer place :)

Or list them with the names separated by commas so we can just copy and paste it into the little box at the bottom of the 'ignore page' and add them all at once. ;)

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This has got to be the most realest post I've read on here in a while.

I literally said the same thing about a week ago, about how other fans look at us. Looking at it, they are not wrong. I only refused to accept it at first because I didn't want to think of my fellow fans in that light.
Yep I am now seeing it now with this Romo/Dak ordeal. You have a competent rookie that will only get better and has your team 3-1. Should be 4-0 but 3-1 is very solid. We now have a future and can move on. But majority of the fanbase wants to go back to the ex-gf who gives you nothing but grief and just breaks your heart in the end. You kept doing it because you were single. But now that you have a new gf whom you are building a future with, why go back and entertain that? That's the analogy that comes to mind. Romo used to be our savior. Coming back from injury, he walked down the red carpet and we were so thrilled.

I just don't get it. No one can explain it to me with making much sense. Why you would just hand the ball to Romo with no questions asked. Again, what has he done to get that treatment? Go look at the situation in Chicago with Cutler/Hoyer. I am hearing that Chicago will most likely just stick with Hoyer. He's playing well and they don't feel like doing the same song and dance with Cutler again. Cutler is pretty much Romo. Been around about the same number of years. Have the same lack of success. Yet they want to move on from him it seems.

I mean, this fanbase turned on Aikman in a heartbeat and he was getting booed at Texas Stadium. This was just years after giving us 3 Super Bowls. Romo has given us a couple wild card wins and some think he walks on water. Don't get it. He's a good QB no doubt but he's not the guy for this franchise anymore. I think he will suck the life out of what we have going. It's a youth movement going on right now.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
See this is where I have to disagree. Even the most elite QB's have looked mediocre at any given time, so I have no problem whatsoever imagining Dak looking average. Don't get me wrong, I love this kid but all QBs struggle and Dak will too and when he does the potential is there for him to be REAL bad. He's a rookie.

Until that happens tho, we go with Dak, imo.

Every QB does at sometime. Even vets. I'm just talking about the next 2 games in particular.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Yep I am now seeing it now with this Romo/Dak ordeal. You have a competent rookie that will only get better and has your team 3-1. Should be 4-0 but 3-1 is very solid. We now have a future and can move on. But majority of the fanbase wants to go back to the ex-gf who gives you nothing but grief and just breaks your heart in the end. You kept doing it because you were single. But now that you have a new gf whom you are building a future with, why go back and entertain that? That's the analogy that comes to mind. Romo used to be our savior. Coming back from injury, he walked down the red carpet and we were so thrilled.

I just don't get it. No one can explain it to me with making much sense. Why you would just hand the ball to Romo with no questions asked. Again, what has he done to get that treatment? Go look at the situation in Chicago with Cutler/Hoyer. I am hearing that Chicago will most likely just stick with Hoyer. He's playing well and they don't feel like doing the same song and dance with Cutler again. Cutler is pretty much Romo. Been around about the same number of years. Have the same lack of success. Yet they want to move on from him it seems.

I mean, this fanbase turned on Aikman in a heartbeat and he was getting booed at Texas Stadium. This was just years after giving us 3 Super Bowls. Romo has given us a couple wild card wins and some think he walks on water. Don't get it. He's a good QB no doubt but he's not the guy for this franchise anymore. I think he will suck the life out of what we have going. It's a youth movement going on right now.
Your dumb analogy only works if your ex-girlfriend is super hot and the new girl can't complete passes beyond 8 yards or to receivers who aren't wide open.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Or list them with the names separated by commas so we can just copy and paste it into the little box at the bottom of the 'ignore page' and add them all at once. ;)

I'd rather put the Romo people on ignore.

They are the epitome of your grandparents lecturing you about the good ol days and how this new generation isn't any good.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Your dumb analogy only works if your ex-girlfriend is super hot and the new girl can't complete passes beyond 8 yards or to receivers who aren't wide open.

The ex gf is crippled. One wrong move and she is out of commission for months. Lots of hospital visits with her, too. And having to tend and care for her broken down body so often. She's begging you to give her another chance that it will be different this time. But we all know where that road leads. Heartache and pain. Groundhog Day because it's the same thing over and over.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The ex gf is crippled. One wrong move and she is out of commission for months. Lots of hospital visits with her, too. And having to tend and care for her broken down body so often. She's begging you to give her another chance that it will be different this time. But we all know where that road leads. Heartache and pain. Groundhog Day because it's the same thing over and over.
Nope, still doesn't work. New gf getting kicked to the curb on Oct. 30, going on a hot date.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

I'd hit it one more time and if she gets hurt, new gf waiting in the car.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score

Any dolt with half a brain knows Romo is twice the QB Cutler is.

I mean...seriously.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb as to say I believe Dak is mentally tougher and ten times further along than Romo was early on in his career.

Dak hasn't shown me any cracks in his armor. Where as Romo, he had to win many and I mean many people over early on...I mean right off the bat boom 5 interception game..then huge melt downs. Stride for stride Dak is much further ahead.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb as to say I believe Dak is mentally tougher and ten times further along than Romo was early on in his career.

Dak hasn't shown me any cracks in his armor. Where as Romo, he had to win many and I mean many people over early on...I mean right off the bat boom 5 interception game..then huge melt downs. Stride for stride Dak is much further ahead.
You're on a really shaky limb, and your memory is really bad. Romo was an instant sensation as soon as he stepped on the scene and by the time he had enough attempts to qualify took over the spot as the top rated passer in the NFL from Peyton Manning (whose undefeated Colts be beat that day).
Dak is a dink and dunk passer aided by 200 yard rushing attacks and pro bowl offensive lineman who would be the captain of a 3-13 ship if he were on the 2006 Cowboys. Tony made dozens of throws in his first few games that Dak couldn't even dream of making.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Obviously Romo should start, and he will start.

I know we're all impressed with Dak. He's the QB of the future. That's awesome and exciting to watch unfold. As far as I can tell, we won't end up like the Rams or Browns or Commanders; teams in QB purgatory year after year desperately seeking the right guy. We have that guy, and got him in the flipping fourth round. Flip yeah.

But at this point, Romo is better. And not just that, he's vastly better. And because of that, he gives us the best chance to win football games.

It's simple, really.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yup, time to smell the roses. The future is here right now and looks better than Romo. The fans and media will go crazy if the Cowboys put in Romo. I can see it now... Romo comes back and is "rusty".. the fans will be chatting....."Bring Dak Back" ....."Bring Dak Back". We for sure have a QB controversy on our hands.

Yah, I think its ok if they bring back Romo when he is 100% ready to go. Dont rush it. And wait and see where Dak is and where the team is. If we are at 7-2 they would be stupid to put Romo in there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Don't know about the Zeke part, but the rest is very likely true.

Has Romo EVER gone 4-0 in his career? One pick, one sack fumble, one rusty game and we arent 3-1 right now. Romo threw 3 picks in the Giants game last year. Are you still living in 2014 IdgIT?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has Romo EVER gone 4-0 in his career? One pick, one sack fumble, one rusty game and we arent 3-1 right now. Romo threw 3 picks in the Giants game last year. Are you still living in 2014 IdgIT?

His team did in 2006 in his first year as a starter, anyway. I didn't bother to look any father than that. Teams win games rather than QBs, though.

There's very little doubt in my mind Tony gets points on the last drive in that Giants game, if not earlier. Other than that, beating WAS, CHI, and SF is not exactly navigating a murderer's row. Dak's played beautifully, but Romo's a better QB.

Since we're talking only 2016 here, did you happen to see a single report or a single article or hear a single interview this summer that suggested Dak Prescott outplayed Tony Romo in camp by any chance? All I heard was that Tony looked great. I'd like to have more current healthy game data for Tony, like all of us, but we can only go off of the information available. As I've said many times, though, if Dak's able to outplay Tony, the starting job should be his. He's closing the gap every week, but he's still got a ways to go before he's playing at Tony's level in his prime.

Now, if Tony comes back and is also playing far below his own level in his prime, that's another story. We'll have to wait and see if that happens. Historically, Tony does have a habit of coming back when he's still hurt and needing to play himself into game shape. We have the luxury of not needing to do that here, so I hope he's not rushing to be back by the bye.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Something I really took notice of when listening to Dez being mic'd up. He ran to the sideline and was talking to Derek Dooley and telling him how he has been open and Derek responded with "Yeah, I know, I told him"

Dak is simply not seeing the field fully yet. He's especially not seeing down field. He also isn't trusting himself hitting one of one coverage if the coverage is tight, and I think this has to do with him not believing in his arm strength.

If you got Dez one on one down the field, you have to take the shot. I also find it hard to believe Williams hasn't found a way to get open on a post route, does this seem to only happen when Romo is the game? Doubtful.

Again, it's time for Dak to start making the big boy throws. It's not college anymore and this offensive gameplay, while it has been great to put our rookie in a position to win, isn't going to work all year.

Smh.

That wasn't tight coverage on that throw to Williams for the TD?

That wasn't a tight window on that rollout, placing the ball in the corner of the endzoze with enough touch to clear the DB squating on the goal line and lead his receiver?

Simpletons equate long bombs with "big boy" throws.

This is the kind of analysis you get with the generation of Madden football....they wanna see the QB scramble around and chunk it 50 yards down the field, 10x a game because, hey, it works in the game!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
His team did in 2006 in his first year as a starter, anyway. I didn't bother to look any father than that. Teams win games rather than QBs, though.

There's very little doubt in my mind Tony gets points on the last drive in that Giants game, if not earlier. Other than that, beating WAS, CHI, and SF is not exactly navigating a murderer's row. Dan's played beautifully, but Romo's a better QB.

Since we're talking only 2016 here, did you happen to see a single report or a single article or hear a single interview this summer that suggested Dak Prescott outplayed Tony Romo in camp by any chance? All I heard was that Tony looked great. I'd like to have more current healthy game data for Tony, like all of us, but we can only go off of the information available. As I've said many times, though, if Dak's able to outplay Tony, the starting job should be his. He's closing the gap every week, but he's still got a ways to go before he's playing at Tony's level in his prime.

Now, if Tony comes back and is also playing far below his own level in his prime, that's another story. We'll have to wait and see if that happens. Historically, Tony does have a habit of coming back when he's still hurt and needing to play himself into game shape. We have the luxury of not needing to do that here, so I hope he's not rushing to be back by the bye.

You cant know anything for certain. Romo has a back spasm and fumbles the ball and we lose to the Redkins. Romo crumbles on a sack and fumbles the ball and its returned for 6 where Dak spins out of trouble and makes a 3rd down.

Assuming he is going to be the 2014 Romo after 2 years, 2 broken collarbones and a broken back is a wee bit wishful thinking. And lets not forget he is rusty. Guy couldnt even make it out of 3 drives total in preseason. Why should anyone think he can make it through 4 games with no issues and be the 2014 Romo?

If he does, great, but to act like its a given is naive indeed. Im not saying you are the one being naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.