CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
It's interesting, too, because I am a huge Romo fan, I voted for Romo, and now even I am starting to wonder if I should've voted for Dak.....is my loyalty as a fan clouding my long term (or better) judgment? Only time will tell.

Yes, it appears so.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Romo has been supported by a top ten defense once in his career- 2009, when he won his first playoff game.

(He won? Careful, some here think QB is not a leadership position in terms of rallying teams to win)

Romo as the QB that has led the Cowboys from behind in the 4th quarter or overtime 27 times.

And those overtime wins have gotten us what? Certainly not playoff success. Yes, great personal stats...Yes, fame and fortune for him.
As for Romo, I just don't want to EVER, go into that rabbit hole of mediocre won-loss seasons.
I believe your heart is in the right place, but, blimey! Romo is the past, not the future.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
And those overtime wins have gotten is what? Certainly not playoff success. Yes, great personal stats...He's, fa!e and fortune for him.
As for Romo, I just don't want to EVER, go into that rabbit hole of mediocre won-loss seasons.
I believe your heart is in the right place, bit, blimey! Romo is the past, not the future.

Now I'm beginning to agree with you, except on one count- those mediocre 8-8 seasons were not Romo's fault, it was the fault of some of the worst defenses in Cowboys history. Romo wasn't the reason they were 8-8 from 2011-13, he was the reason they weren't 3-13 those seasons.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Now I'm beginning to agree with you, except on one count- those mediocre 8-8 seasons were not Romo's fault, it was the fault of some of the worst defenses in Cowboys history. Romo wasn't the reason they were 8-8 from 2011-13, he was the reason they weren't 3-13 those seasons.

Without Romo those 8-8 season wouldn've been - and I'm being generous here - 3-13 seasons at best.

Without Romo we don't even sniff the playoffs in 2006, 2007, 2009 and 2014, much less finish above .500

When he's healthy he's the starter. It still amazes me we're even debating this.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So let me get this straight ... if given a great offense and a great defense, Romo can one day take us to glory?
Hmm...
Dilfer would certainly agree...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Without Romo those 8-8 season wouldn've been - and I'm being generous here - 3-13 seasons at best.

Without Romo we don't even sniff the playoffs in 2006, 2007, 2009 and 2014, much less finish above .500

When he's healthy he's the starter. It still amazes me we're even debating this.
It still amazes me that after 13 years we are still hingeing our hopes on a QB who simply can't take a hit anymore

drawandstrike

Reaction score
It still amazes me that after 13 years we are still hingeing our hopes on a QB who simply can't take a hit anymore

You do not dispute we wouldn't have had winning seasons or playoff appearances in 2006, 2007, 2009 and 2014 without Romo.

Thank you. I wouldn't dispute it either.

As to whether Romo can still play in the NFL at his 2014 level when he took this team to 12 wins with a solid running game and a suspect defense, we'll find out when he gets his starting job back.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Hard to imagine Dak looking mediocre right now.

See this is where I have to disagree. Even the most elite QB's have looked mediocre at any given time, so I have no problem whatsoever imagining Dak looking average. Don't get me wrong, I love this kid but all QBs struggle and Dak will too and when he does the potential is there for him to be REAL bad. He's a rookie.

Until that happens tho, we go with Dak, imo.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Romo. Just hope we get 2014 Romo. Sad part is I do believe he'll get injured before the end of the season.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You do not dispute we wouldn't have had winning seasons or playoff appearances in 2006, 2007, 2009 and 2014 without Romo.

Thank you. I wouldn't dispute it either.

As to whether Romo can still play in the NFL at his 2014 level when he took this team to 12 wins with a solid running game and a suspect defense, we'll find out when he gets his starting job back.
Great!
Live in the glorious Romo past.
I then will live in the glorious past of Staubach, Aikman, and, yes, even the Danny White past, all of whom were actually productive in the playoffs, I hear.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I wonder if the same poll was done with Pats fans in 2001, you might get the same results in favor of Bledsoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.