CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I voted Dak.....

And have my reasoning......obviously in the minority as well

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Romo deserves to start and should be given the benefit of the doubt if he doesn't play great his first 2 games back

after that I'm all for going back to the Dak attack

This.

If he is well, his play should show it. If he has lost something and is not as he was, back to Dak.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought it would be fun to take a poll now and compare it to another poll a few weeks from now after we have played against a few more teams with better defenses.

NOTE: This poll is NOT asking do you think Romo will start, but rather .. Do you WANT Romo to start? ..

.... you have 24 hours to vote!
I'm lol at the fact you added whether anyone WANTS Romo or Prescott to start or not and people are still avoiding the vote... as if anyone outside of the franchise has ANY say whether or not either player starts or not.

:)

Aven8

Reaction score
Romo should start as we have NO clue if his skills have diminished yet. This isn't a Bledsoe situation.

However I don't want to wait until 2018 to see Dak again!

Best case scenario we win the SB with Romo and he becomes our HC next year!!!! :)

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Lol. Romo is stealing money at this rate and will be just fine if he never played another game here.

Why are you worried about his "legacy"? Colts sure weren't when Manning went down with his injury. They got Luck and never looked back. Fans think with their hearts way too much. We are suppose to appease Romo because you want him to end on a high note? Meh. He's not the best QB for this team anymore. The last 3 hits he has taken, he's been hurt and hurt bad. Hasn't played a full season since 2012.

People are putting him on this pedestal like he has actually accomplished a lot here and deserves the benefit of the doubt. It is baffling.

Maybe the nation's perception that Cowboy fans are delusional is coming to fruition for me.
Man what are you talking about. Peyton got Indy a ring before they shipped him off and Broncos let him bus drive his way to one last year when Osweiler was clearly better.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I voted Dak although, like many others, I am reserving judgement for a few more games. My vote has nothing to do with the value of the respective QBs but the belief that you don't mess with the machine if it is running smoothly.

Plumfool

Reaction score
IMO the team as a whole seems to respond better to Dak. And If the team continues to put wins together you can't disrupt that.

MSCowboyFan

Reaction score
Romo needs to start. Dont want his career to end here on a bad note

It's not about him...for once. It's about the team and what's best for Dak's development. I'm in the minority but I don't care. Dak should continue to start. Tony can play toward end of season or if Dak sputters. (which he probably will like most rookies at some point.) It will keep Tony fresh for this season and next. He just can't take any more pounding.

links18

Reaction score
Romos been giving 10 years to get the job done and hasnt. I truly believe now that Romo is at the end of his career, he will suddenly become Tom Brady...

If that means he wins 4 Super Bowls, I am all for it.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
As long as he is fully healthy and ready to go!

If they trot him out there, like they did vs Carolina last year, then no.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
I voted Dak. The team looks good right now and is 3-1. What the hell is the reasoning to make a change? The goal seems to me to be win games and that is happening. We know what Jerry and Red will do but this version of the team is finding Ws so let them hunt for more of them.

Tired of the sentimentality around Romo. Love what he has done but he can sit all day if the team looks good without him. This ain't about him. Wins.

I think this poll result reflects the mentality of the coach and owner which is to reserve the throne for the stars. Dez, Witten, Romo are fine with me if we are winning. If not, I couldn't care less about honoring their spot. We've been doing that every game every year and deservedly so but at some point winning is top priority.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I voted Dak although, like many others, I am reserving judgement for a few more games. My vote has nothing to do with the value of the respective QBs but the belief that you don't mess with the machine if it is running smoothly.

My exact thoughts!

T-RO

Reaction score
Romo is 1 hit away from being retired. Whether he gets his job back or not Dak will finish the season

I have to agree with this. I don't think Romo will last more than 4-6 games. Anyone of 4 things shut him down
-His back--already recurring problems
-His collarbone--already recurring problems
-Hurts himself because he's not as mobile or as flexible and is must work to protect his back
-His old NFL age

I really wish I was wrong about this. Romo was really good and yes he 'deserves another chance' But life doesn't give a rip about what people deserve and neither does the NFL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.