CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-RO

Reaction score
Romo should start, he is 15-4 in his last 19 games, End of discussion.

That'll shut everyone up! LOL :)

Hey I agree that a healthy Romo with an elite line and running back with healthy receivers would be soo special to watch. Such a team might be putting up 35 points a game! I just don't see the healthy thing ever being here anymore...

Coy

Reaction score
That'll shut everyone up! LOL :)

Hey I agree that a healthy Romo with an elite line and running back with healthy receivers would be soo special to watch. Such a team might be putting up 35 points a game! I just don't see the healthy thing ever being here anymore...

He wasn't that healthy in 2014 and he was 3rd in MVP voting, you have to give him a chance, no other way around it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Unless something happens in the next 3 weeks that sets Romo back, he's the starter. Even if we win CIN and GB, he's the starter. Gets injured again? Dak comes in until Romo is healthy. Romo will then start next year.

While Dak has looked good, I'm sorry, there is a time when the kid needs to start taking shots down the field like a big boy QB. This isn't Miss. State.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You might want Romo to start. With this defense there are going to be some shootouts in our future. Romo has proved he can hang in a shootout. I'm not sure if Dak is there yet.

I get it though. I love watching Dak play as well and I think we have something special with him, but, I don't believe it will stunt his growth if he backs up Romo for a bit. He got his feet wet. Now he knows what to expect and what to work on.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Romo should start unless we are 5-1 at the bye............that means winning at home against the Bengals and in Lambeau. That would be a 5 game winning streak with the last two wins against playoff caliber teams.

For those that say give Dak the job right now, I am sorry but I have to see more than wins against scrub teams like the Bears, Skins, and 49ers. Basically, I got to see Dak actually beat somebody before I put him in the lineup over Romo.

And this is not a criticism of Dak or a knock against him in anyway, but lets be real here fellas. The Bears and 49ers are probably going to be picking in the top 10 next year and the Skins not too far behind. They had to have some massive ref help to beat the lowly Browns at FedEx.

So beating these scrub teams is not exactly setting the woods on fire and to unseat Romo as the starter, I got to see some wins against good, high quality, playoff caliber teams (like the Pack).

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Start romo and play dak 10-15 plays per game in a Tebow circa UF role

AzorAhai

Reaction score
It's really simple to me. 2014 Romo is far and away better than 2016 Dak. 2014 Romo gives the team a much better chance to win more games. He was hurt most of last year and hasn't really got to prove whether that Romo is still in there or not. He should get at least 2-3 games to round into form and show what he has left in the tank, if not 4+ games if healthy. If it's Carolina Panthers Romo, put Dak back in and deal with it later. He deserves the opportunity to either show he's still got it or he's lost it. But make no mistake, the game plan is completely different if he is still that guy. More big plays along with Zeke and this OL are a problem not very many defenses are capable of handling. Now I have my doubts he is still that guy or that he will stay healthy, but that's a risk I'm willing to take for the possibility of MVP caliber QBing. And quite frankly, after all the bs this gm has filled the 53 with most of his career, he has earned the right for one last shot.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Plain and simple Romo gives us the better chance to win. Prescott isnt ready to attack defenses like Romo can yet

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo needs to start. Dont want his career to end here on a bad note

If he returns and suffers another significant injury his career will end on a bad note. I don't see his career ending on a good note, he'll either lose his job to Dak or have to retire due to his health.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I'm frankly surprised at how this poll has turned out.

You won't find a bigger supporter of Romo than me. Love the guy. Really appreciate what he has done for us. But I voted for Dak.

My vote, though, assumes an optimistic 2-0 over the next two games against two tough opponents. We win those two games, Dak has earned his position as starter. If Dak falters and makes rookie mistakes, we go back to our veteran quarterback.

There's no room to be sentimental in football. I don't believe the Eagles are a good team. If we win this division and get a first round bye, the sky is the limit for this squad. The excitement and playmaking ability that Romo has is offset by Dak's mistake-free football. Turnovers are killers and as much as I like the gunslinger, with this running game and a shoddy defense, field position and fundamentals are going to put us over the top.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My position is if Dak continues to play well and improve and we continue to win you stick with him. If he begins to struggle and we start dropping games, you go back to Romo when he's healthy.

csirl

Reaction score
Never change a winning team. Not only is Dak playing ok, but there seems to be a lot better chemistry on the team.

Don't see the point in playing a permanently injured player who will be out of the league next June 1st. There's more of a case for giving Sanchez gametime as he's auditioning for a permanent role as experienced #2 QB.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Never change a winning team. Not only is Dak playing ok, but there seems to be a lot better chemistry on the team.

Don't see the point in playing a permanently injured player who will be out of the league next June 1st. There's more of a case for giving Sanchez gametime as he's auditioning for a permanent role as experienced #2 QB.

No, no there's really not.

This is why this crap goes to levels of idiocy and gets people worked up. Stretches such as this. Sanchez has no place getting playing time over Romo. Romo is, until coaches say otherwise, #1 on the depth chart. Dak better play out of his dang mind the next two weeks to change that.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
How about a third option that states: "Allow the upcoming games, the FO and the staff to determine our QB?" (It'll happen, with or without polls.)

Last edited:

fishspill

Reaction score
I know Romo will start the minute he can. Unlike when Romo got the nod to play we don't have a coach that can make that level of decision even if he wanted to. There's lots of other differences but that one makes it impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.