CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mo said after the game this is Romo's team and the guys in the locker room support that. From his statement I don't see any division.

I don't have any proof on this but the vibe I get is our players don't like Dak as a person. For obvious reasons. I think that's what Claiborne was alluding to there.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I think it's a safe bet that everyone, who has read your past thoughts on Romo and Prescott, were aware of that already--regardless whether they scanned the first poll results or not. :)

I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that when this poll showed 20% or whatever the first time and it wasn't popular to take Dak over Romo, I in fact did. I'm usually ahead of the curve compared with other Cowboy fans. I often tell them they will eventually see the light.. and most do.. but not all. I have seen several Romo homers see the light recently.. they make me proud.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that when this poll showed 20% or whatever the first time and it wasn't popular to take Dak over Romo, I in fact did. I'm usually ahead of the curve compared with other Cowboy fans. I often tell them they will eventually see the light.. and most do.. but not all. I have seen several Romo homers see the light recently.. they make me proud.
giphy.gif

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think members are expressing their opinion each time the poll is conducted. Opinions change. I doubt that popularity is really an overwhelming factor in the voting.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Are you this much of a blowhard in real life or is this just a message board character

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I think members are expressing their opinion each time the poll is conducted. Opinions change. I doubt that popularity is really an overwhelming factor in the voting.

Some just need to see more evidence than others. Some people have the eye can tell rather quickly when a player has it or not. Some still don't believe in the kid.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'll show you what stings and who needs a body bag. This was your first post in the Romo trade value thread and watch how you start backpedaling as the thread goes on. lol

This was your second post.

You then made this comment.

This was my response.

This was your response.

This was my response.

This was your response. lol

I searched all your posts in that thread and you only named 7 teams and said that's BEFORE any injuries. lol

A lot more teams would be interested in him BEFORE any injuries...duh! No mention of any of them giving up a #1 or more for him, you backed off that claim early in the thread. lol We're talking about what the trade interest level would be in him "currently." Did you miss the memo? Now go lick your wounds!
You cracked the case Pepe

tumblr_lz43gsPFuC1r7iltto1_500.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some just need to see more evidence than others. Some people have the eye can tell rather quickly when a player has it or not. Some still don't believe in the kid.
1. I agree that some need more evidence for permanently benching Romo. Benching a franchise quarterback should have unquestionable motivators such as not being physically capable of playing the position ever again, etc.

2. Some people are better sports evaluators than others. Of course, what's being evaluated is debatable.

3. The "some still don't believe in the kid" is a self-delusion in my opinion. I believe very few people who follow the Cowboys in some capacity worldwide do not believe in Prescott. He has been impressive thus far. Quite possibly even cricket fans comprehend that simplicity. My guess is that an overwhelming number of franchise followers see him as the franchise quarterback of the future. The difference in actual truthful (and less agenda driven) opinions exists in when is the right time for the young man.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Name those dozen franchises. Still waiting! lol
WAS, CHI, LA, ARI, SF, NYJ, MIA, BUFF, CLE, HOU, JAX, DEN, KC.... a baker's dozen for ya

All of these teams would be very interested if Romo was made available for trade and the Cowboys would get a 1st at the minimum and probably a lot more

There has been 0 backtracking

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Mo said after the game this is Romo's team and the guys in the locker room support that. From his statement I don't see any division.

What else is he suppose to say? If Dak keeps playing great and we keep winning no one is going to want a change at QB. Not the players, coaches or Jerry. The last thing we want to do is disrupt what we have going and what we have going could end up being very special. We need to ride this wave of success with Dak as far as it will take us.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
WAS, CHI, LA, ARI, SF, NYJ, MIA, BUFF, CLE, HOU, JAX, DEN, KC.... a baker's dozen for ya

All of these teams would be very interested if Romo was made available for trade and the Cowboys would get a 1st at the minimum and probably a lot more

There has been 0 backtracking

Not one of those teams would give up a first or more for Romo. Denver is the only legit contender that you named and they gave up 2 picks to move up for Lynch in the first round this past April. They're not about to give up a #1 or more for an aging, beat up Romo after using 3 picks including a #1 on Lynch who's just starting his career. Didn't take long to shoot that down. lol As for Washington are you serious? :laugh: They aren't about to trade a #1 and more for Romo who melted down against them 4 years ago in a season finale elimination game. They would have ZERO interest in an aging, beat up QB who can't stay on the field. The list of teams you've come up with is a JOKE! Houston just paid a ransom fee for Osweiler, do you honestly think they're going to give up on him after only one season after paying him all that money and trade a #1 and more for Romo??? :facepalm: As for Miami, Tannehill has been sacked 17 times in 5 games, do you honestly think the Dolphins would be stupid enough to give up on a 28 year old QB who's playing behind a crap OL and trade a #1 and more for a china doll who wouldn't last a quarter with the poor blocking upfront? :laugh: Do you honestly think Cleveland who passed up the rights to draft Carson Wentz would trade a #1 and more for Romo??? :facepalm: What planet do you live on? Do you think JAX would give up on a 24 year old Blake Bortles who put up almost 4500 yards last season and 35 TD's and cough up a #1 and more for an aging Romo? :laugh: As for KC do you honestly believe they would move on from an efficient QB like Alex Smith who rarely turns the ball over and give up a #1 and more for an aging beat up Romo who had 7 INT's in less than 4 games last season? lol As for the Bills they're 3-2 with Taylor who's played pretty well. He has 6 TD passes and only 2 INT's this season. He's completed almost 62% of his passes and has 168 rushing yards and with a TD. They're not about to move on from him and give up a #1 and more for Romo who's falling apart faster than Humpty Dumpty. As for the Bears they're 1-4 they're not about to give up a #1 and more for Romo...GET REAL!

A struggling team isn't going to have an ounce of interest giving up a #1 or more for an aging beat up QB who's bones are more brittle than some of your arguments. You're more lost in space than the Robinson family if you think any of those teams would give up a #1 or more for Romo. It's easy to name teams and make claims, anyone can do that but you can't come up with anything concrete that would come close to supporting that any of those teams would cough up a #1 or more for Romo. There's not a team in the league that would do it with his age, missed games and all the injury issues he has. Now go back to licking all new wounds you just suffered.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Not one of those teams would give up a first or more for Romo. Denver is the only legit contender that you named and they gave up 2 picks to move up for Lynch in the first round this past April. They're not about to give up a #1 or more for an aging, beat up Romo after using 3 picks including a #1 on Lynch who's just starting his career. Didn't take long to shoot that down. lol As for Washington are you serious? :laugh: They aren't about to trade a #1 and more for Romo who melted down against them 4 years ago in a season finale elimination game. They would have ZERO interest in an aging, beat up QB who can't stay on the field. The list of teams you've come up with is a JOKE! Houston just paid a ransom fee for Osweiler, do you honestly think they're going to give up on him after only one season after paying him all that money and trade a #1 and more for Romo??? :facepalm: As for Miami, Tannehill has been sacked 17 times in 5 games, do you honestly think the Dolphins would be stupid enough to give up on a 28 year old QB who's playing behind a crap OL and trade a #1 and more for a china doll who wouldn't last a quarter with the poor blocking upfront? :laugh: Do you honestly think Cleveland who passed up the rights to draft Carson Wentz would trade a #1 and more for Romo??? :facepalm: What planet do you live on? Do you think JAX would give up on a 24 year old Blake Bortles who put up almost 4500 yards last season and 35 TD's and cough up a #1 and more for an aging Romo? :laugh: As for KC do you honestly believe they would move on from an efficient QB like Alex Smith who rarely turns the ball over and give up a #1 and more for an aging beat up Romo who had 7 INT's in less than 4 games last season? lol As for the Bills they're 3-2 with Taylor who's played pretty well. He has 6 TD passes and only 2 INT's this season. He's completed almost 62% of his passes and has 168 rushing yards and with a TD. They're not about to move on from him and give up a #1 and more for Romo who's falling apart faster than Humpty Dumpty. As for the Bears they're 1-4 they're not about to give up a #1 and more for Romo...GET REAL!

A struggling team isn't going to have an ounce of interest giving up a #1 or more for an aging beat up QB who's bones are more brittle than some of your arguments. You're more lost in space than the Robinson family if you think any of those teams would give up a #1 or more for Romo. It's easy to name teams and make claims, anyone can do that but you can't come up with anything concrete that would come close to supporting that any of those teams would cough up a #1 or more for Romo. There's not a team in the league that would do it with his age, missed games and all the injury issues he has. Now go back to licking all new wounds you just suffered.
We've seen what your opinions are worth........nothing....... and when you are proven 100% wrong like you were about Romo's INT streak you still can't admit it.........you aren't worth it

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We've seen what your opinions are worth........nothing....... and when you are proven 100% wrong like you were about Romo's INT streak you still can't admit it.........you aren't worth it

When I was talking about how long Romo has gone without an INT I was thinking in terms of consecutive games not attempts and he's gone 4 straight games without an INT compared to 5 straight for Dak. Your opinions are a joke they're nothing more than claims, while my opinions are based on some facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.