CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he is less than 10 shy from the NFL record held by noted cheater Tom Brady.

To be clear, that record is for the start of a players career, only. The NFL record for attempts by any player without a pick is in the 300's somewhere. Which is crazy if you think about it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it has gone from 75/25 romo to 51/49 romo, big change from the last poll.

Yep. Fans are fickle. I'm still really surprised that more than half of those voting would stick with Romo. Board sentiment and the sentiment of people who actually post a lot are not always the same thing.

The 75% from last week is what really floored me, though.

nobody

Reaction score
Yep. Fans are fickle. I'm still really surprised that more than half of those voting would stick with Romo. Board sentiment and the sentiment of people who actually post a lot are not always the same thing.

The 75% from last week is what really floored me, though.

I voted Romo, but there are mitigating circumstances attached to that vote, but since it was an all or nothing vote, I stayed with Romo for the purposes of the vote.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Despite how great Dak has played it's pretty funny to see someone complain because he hasn't completed a pass over 25 yards.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I voted Romo, but there are mitigating circumstances attached to that vote, but since it was an all or nothing vote, I stayed with Romo for the purposes of the vote.
yeah the poll is supposed to be about want, not whats best, or who is best etc.

I just want to see the dak adventure play out, I have watched tony for many years.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You can tell the loyalty for Romo runs deep amongst many for him to still be leading this poll despite how great Dak has played and how energized the team has looked under him. I expect the poll to lean in Dak's favor if he out duels Rodgers at Lambeau on Sunday and the Cowboys win that game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With every good performance by Dak and with every win the poll gets a little tighter.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
On the bright side, when Romo takes his first hits, we'll have DAK to save the day.
It is Dak's team. Let us move on.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You can tell the loyalty for Romo runs deep amongst many for him to still be leading this poll despite how great Dak has played and how energized the team has looked under him. I expect the poll to lean in Dak's favor if he out duels Rodgers at Lambeau on Sunday and the Cowboys win that game.
Yeah, set the bar higher for Dak.
At one point, Dak has to address this lack of respect if he is benched.
Total lack of respect, blokes. Not fair.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Romo is the better QB until proven otherwise and receives the vote. A game manager on pace for 13 TD passes being carried by the number one rushing offense doesn't equal proven otherwise.
Thank God, bloke!
I had a dream that chronic injuries and age took over and he was rehabbing his old, fragile body while someone named Deke was winning games for us.:huh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These polls are enormously interesting. They reflect fans' personal opinions but do those same opinions necessarily coincide with the team's (e.g. Garrett and Jones) position on the subject? Exactly how much emotion will be expressed when some fans see the team either agree or disagree with their individual stances?

A number of fans maintain intimate love/hate relationships with the head coach and the owner. How will consensus or disagreement be directed at either one of them when the decision is made?

Fascinating stuff. On one hand, fan angst over this and any other team matter means zilch as far as what will ultimately happen. On the other hand, Jones' personality must be eating up all the attention that's a direct by-product of the angst. Jones must love how the media's fueling on the I'm Right/They're Wrong fallacy without engaging in any of his usual grandstanding.

Fascinating yet crazy stuff indeed.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
For thw record, I voted Dak in the first poll.
Shocking that it isn't like 90-10 Dak... even on a Cowboys forum. Dak is KILLING it out there, you don't mess with winning team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For thw record, I voted Dak in the first poll.
I think it's a safe bet that everyone, who has read your past thoughts on Romo and Prescott, were aware of that already--regardless whether they scanned the first poll results or not. :)

Tobal

Reaction score
I didn't vote, would have voted Romo after two or three weeks of full participation in practice.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
This is a lot more of a profound decision than you guys think it is and not because of who is right and who is wrong. Either QB could have success and there is merit to both QBs running the team.

You can't ignore the teams viewpoint in whether to supplant Dak with Romo. The team could easily be divided on this issue the same way that the board here is divided. That could be bad. You also don't want to shake the rookie or piss him off and break the streak of what you have going.

I personally would delay Romo's return for a week or two and see if Dak's play helps you make the call. Romo gets healthier and gets the rust off before he goes back in. Of Dak falters against Green Bay or Philly then you have a natural reason to bring Romo back in.

If Dak wins against Green Bay and Philly, I really don't know how you pull him out at that point. He would be 6 and 1 having beaten 3 relatively strong teams and 6 in a row.

Granted part of the reason we are winning is not Dak and Romo might be able to do even more. But the flip side is that with Romo he is likely to piss a game off with unnecessary risks. The one thing that has bothered me about Romo is his tendency to go for a 30 yard pass on 3rd and 3. It's great if you hit it, but it is a drive ender if he misses it. Dak would get the 3 and move the chains. Both have their place but moving the chains is what wins games and scored points.

Mo said after the game this is Romo's team and the guys in the locker room support that. From his statement I don't see any division.

Status
Not open for further replies.