CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been a huge Romo homer. I want desperately for him to win a championship. The first 3-4 weeks I've been saying, when Romo gets healthy, we make him the starter, but honestly I don't know anymore. I'd have to get a feel for the locker room.

Regardless, I think he should come back AFTER the Eagles game... First game back should be the Browns because it should be easier than the Eagles, and it's a non-conference game so it won't hurt as bad if we lay an egg or struggle.

I voted Dak in this poll btw
I voted Romo, but I do agree he should start after the Eagles game. The Eagles would be coming after him like there is no tomorrow. Browns should give Romo a better opportunity to work the rust off and it gives him an extra week to really heal.

Eddie

Reaction score
The question will be answered by Romo's health.

We know what the answer is already.

coult44

Reaction score
If Tomy comes back and struggles, can all of them JJ, Red, and Tony handle the criticism that will come along with it big time. The boo birds will be out big time every time Tony throws an incomplete pass. It will be sad and a very bad way to go out after what he's done here.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
John Gruden said 'I'd rethink that" when talking about Romo getting his job back. Others say that we win the next 2, Romo holds the chalk board for awhile. We lose 2 in a row then here come Romo. Otherwise you ride the Dak train.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If Tomy comes back and struggles, can all of them JJ, Red, and Tony handle the criticism that will come along with it big time. The boo birds will be out big time every time Tony throws an incomplete pass. It will be sad and a very bad way to go out after what he's done here.
That's the way Cowboy QB's go out. Meredith, White and Aikman all got boo'd. Staubach retired before that happened to him.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Wow split almost right down the middle. I ride the hot hand. But it won't matter. Romo won't last long if he does come back and start.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
it has gone from 75/25 romo to 51/49 romo, big change from the last poll.

etw926

Reaction score
John Gruden said 'I'd rethink that" when talking about Romo getting his job back. Others say that we win the next 2, Romo holds the chalk board for awhile. We lose 2 in a row then here come Romo. Otherwise you ride the Dak train.
There won't be 2 more. Dak will play this Sunday and Romo will start after the bye.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo hadd a string of 174 passes without a pick in 2013.

I was thinking in terms of straight games without a pick but if Romo had a string of 174 passes without one it must have happened in weeks 12 thru 16 of the 09 season and not 2013. He's never gone 5 straight games without a pick.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He's also never gone 5 straight games without completing a pass over 25 yards.

Dak is a rookie who's biggest play threat has been out the past 2 weeks and the only 25+ yard catches you get with him are usually jump balls. Not having completed a pass over 25 yards certainly hasn't had a negative affect on our offense that ranks #2 overall. The deeper completions will come with more experience. Dak is being careful with the ball not wanting to force throws and his lack of INT's has contributed to the success we've had this season as well as the success he's had. Despite not completing a pass over 25 yards Dak is averaging 8.0 per attempt which is higher than the 7.6 and 7.2 average per attempt Romo had in 2012 and 2013. Romo has had only 4 seasons where's he's averaged more per attempt than Dak is averaging this season.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Romo at his best couldn't avoid an INT as long as Dak has
Romo had a string of 174 passes without a pick in 2013.
ouch.....that had to sting
I was thinking in terms of straight games without a pick but if Romo had a string of 174 passes without one it must have happened in weeks 12 thru 16 of the 09 season and not 2013-edit Wrong. He's never gone 5 straight games without a pick.
He's also never gone 5 straight games without completing a pass over 25 yards.
Cold blooded.......get him a body bag

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Your body was bagged and carted off last week after claiming there's 12 teams that would trade a #1 for Romo and more but you only named 8 teams, claiming they would trade for him PRIOR to his injuries and you made no mention they would trade a #1 pick for him. lol All you did throughout that entire thread was backpedal. :laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo hadd a string of 174 passes without a pick in 2013.

It was in 2013 starting in week one after he had a pick. He only managed 3 straight games without a pick that season and had a lost fumble during that streak of no INT's. For a ROOKIE to start off a career with 155 straight passes without an INT is remarkable.

nobody

Reaction score
It was in 2013 starting in week one after he had a pick. He only managed 3 straight games without a pick that season and had a lost fumble during that streak of no INT's. For a ROOKIE to start off a career with 155 straight passes without an INT is remarkable.

And he is less than 10 shy from the NFL record held by noted cheater Tom Brady.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I'll show you what stings and who needs a body bag. This was your first post in the Romo trade value thread and watch how you start backpedaling as the thread goes on. lol

He would fetch at least a 1st and probably multiple picks

This was your second post.

He would get a 1st round pick minimum.....QB are gold in this league and GMs need to win now

You then made this comment.

2 seasons of Romo is worth a first to a dozen franchises

This was my response.

Name the dozen franchises you're talking about?

This was your response.

I already did and I stand by it..............and that is before injuries

This was my response.

When I get time I'll search the thread and find those teams and break it down to see if they would give up a #1 for Romo.

This was your response. lol

I can't wait

I searched all your posts in that thread and you only named 7 teams and said that's BEFORE any injuries. lol

WAS, CHI, SF, ARI, MIA, NYJ, CLE are a few that would be interested and that is before any injuries

A lot more teams would be interested in him BEFORE any injuries...duh! No mention of any of them giving up a #1 or more for him, you backed off that claim early in the thread. lol We're talking about what the trade interest level would be in him "currently." Did you miss the memo? Now go lick your wounds!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.