CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that another week has gone by, it is time for the next weekly quarterback poll.

Previous Polls:

I thought it would be fun to post this poll every week after each of our games and see how the fan base here trends from week to week on who should start once Romo is healthy.

This poll is not about tracking who is right or wrong later. It's about tracking the trend of which quarterback is preferred as games are played. Our votes have no weight on what happens, so this is just a fun poll to gauge where fans are at the moment with regards to who starts when Romo is healthy. It will be perfectly fine to change your mind in future versions of this poll as well.

NOTE: This poll is NOT asking do you think Romo will start, but rather .. Do you WANT Romo or Dak to start? ..

.... you have 24 hours to vote!

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I'm not even worried about either taking the snap behind center. Our team has a nice problem on our hands.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Im not changing the flow of the team so Romo can play a few series so a few fans can express tears of joy for the old man. This is Dak's team, accept it enjoy it, and lets all hope we get a SB victory soon. Romo's done forget about it and enjoy the ride!

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I'm loving the play of Dak Prescott but still believe that Romo is the more complete QB and best option when he is healthy and up to game speed. But I won't shed a tear if the team staff decides to stay with the hot hand. Prescott has made a believer out of me. The Dallas Cowboys seem pretty flush in the backfield for a change. What's not to like about THAT?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak, I am not convinced that we get back the Romo of old anyways. If Dak starts to struggle, then make the switch. Imagine going into the playoffs with Dak leading and any sign of trouble.....insert Romo to the rescue :D

LittleD

Reaction score
Gotta give the old man his last hurrah. This is probably Romo and Witten's last year and it's SB or bust.
If he gets hurt or stinks up the joint take the keys away and Dak becomes the new sheriff in town.

Proximo

Reaction score
Yesterday sealed the deal for me. Dak has to stay in. They'd be nuts to pull him right now. Emphasis on the words RIGHT NOW.

You don't mess with this type of momentum. What would be the point anyway? We've won 5 games in a row for crying out loud. What is Romo going to do - win "better"?

I think we have the best offense in the league right now. The way the playcalling is gelling with the execution is a thing of beauty. You don't mess with that. At this point I say Dak stays in until there's a real reason to pull him. And at this rate, there may never be one.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What if Romo does complicate this offense? With his audibles, would the play-calling remain looking so good? We don't exactly have the smartest receivers in the league, maybe they need a simple offense. I don't know, just some questions that I have been pondering......

For the record, I am and have always been a Romo fan, he is what has made this team bearable over the last 10 years. 2014 was two years and a few injuries ago, father time catches everyone. I do think he can still play, just not sure for how long.

Stay on the bench and help out Dak. If his services seem to be needed, take over and try one last ride. Winning in Lambeau sealed this one for me.

Toro9

Reaction score
This is such a toss-up. I really can't make up my mind. Last week I voted for Dak, this week I voted Romo.

On one hand, I think it's kind of irresponsible to pull Dak out when things are going so well. On the other hand, Romo deserves a shot. The problem with putting Romo in is that if he can't get it done then what do you do? Nate Newton makes the point that switching QBs can mess with a locker room. He says if you bring Romo back you better stick with him. Valid point, IMO.

I keep hearing this is a great problem to have (in fact, Stephen won't even use the word problem) but it is a tricky situation that can have negative implications.

erod

Reaction score
I voted yes only because I want to see Romo throw these teams out of these 8-man fronts and see what Zeke can do.

But I want to ride the Dak wave, too. We're surfing well at the moment, but turbulence lies ahead somewhere. It'll all work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.