CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
"Chemistry" is intentionally nebulous, mostly because it doesn't make any sense and is used in an absence of logic. If Romo and the Boys beat Cleveland 34-3 does Romo then have chemistry? Does it mix with Dak's chemistry and become a new, unidentifed element at the end of the periodic table? And is Sanchez's chemistry the acid to its base?

lol, nice!

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Yeah. That's understandable
Due to the two injuries, the burden of proof is on him, for better or worse.

Which is why I say we owe him 2 games. Just 2.

If he flounders them, then we can all move on knowing actual facts.

If he doesnt get any games, we'll never know what if, for forever

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We have to play Romo at some point, this year or next.......it is still his team.......lets see what he can do with this offense........ it can only help our decision next year to have more info

Sitting him until we lose is a formula for maybe losing a Bye or HFA....the idea is to win every game by putting our best team out there......I still think Romo's ceiling is higher right now

DFWJC

Reaction score
Which is why I say we owe him 2 games. Just 2.

If he flounders them, then we can all move on knowing actual facts.

If he doesnt get any games, we'll never know what if, for forever
I wouldn't complain about it, that's for sure.
I think a healthy Romo is a better player and gives Dallas a higher ceiling...this year.
But I do understand fully why they don't want to upset the cart here.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
"Chemistry" is intentionally nebulous, mostly because it doesn't make any sense and is used in an absence of logic. If Romo and the Boys beat Cleveland 34-3 does Romo then have chemistry? Does it mix with Dak's chemistry and become a new, unidentifed element at the end of the periodic table? And is Sanchez's chemistry the acid to its base?

Some things in life can't be explained through logic. Chemistry is one of them. I can't give a definitive answer on what it is. But if you've played on a championship team of any kind, you'll know it when you see it.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Romo has played what, 5 minutes of football in almost a year? He is going to be rusty, and I fear he may try so hard to prove he needs to keep playing that he plays risky, and gets interceptions. Maybe not, but it's in the back of my head.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Romo has played what, 5 minutes of football in almost a year? He is going to be rusty, and I fear he may try so hard to prove he needs to keep playing that he plays risky, and gets interceptions. Maybe not, but it's in the back of my head.

Thats why I keep saying he gets 2 games. This will subdue the risk of this happening.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score

you're an impressive troll. and I like your avatar.

Aven8

Reaction score
It's Daks team now. He and Zek are getting better every week. Romo will come in at some point this season and save a game, possibly a big one IMO however.

Hoov

Reaction score
There are a few things Dak isn't able to do yet that he will do one day. Romo can do those things right now if he's healthy.

There isn't a wrong answer, which is the beauty of it.
yes, but there are also some things Dak can do that Romo cant. He is a threat with his legs which changes how defenses play and the run option is there which has opened up some things for the run and pass game as well.

Tony can read the defense presnap better but Dak is generally quicker to get rid of the ball and seems to be better right now at getting out of trouble than Romo would be sitting back there.

So you gain something with Romo but also loose some things without Dak. The fact that Dak has a very good passer rating and completion % tells me that what your going to gain with Romo may be only slightly better in the passing category that what Dak has now.

So to give up all the other things Dak can do for a slight increase in passing offense seems like you are giving up too much to gain a little.

Then add in the fact that the team is on a roll and the offense is playing great and in sync together right now.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
The results of this poll are mind blowing. They should be 99% to 1% Dak right now. Dak gives this team the best chance to win and has lead us to a 5-1 record. Are you people for real?

I just looked at an ESPN poll where 165k people have voted and Dak leads it 77%-23%. That is more realistic.. but the % should be even higher. This kid is amazing...

Hoov

Reaction score
If they let Dak keep playing and he keeps playing well and plays all year and into the post season-

Im guessing Romo may ask for a trade in the offseason. In the past that is generally how things go if the veteran QB wants to keep playing. Though given his injury history, im not sure if Romo would be up for going to another team this late in the game. Any thoughts ?

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Voted Dak for the second week now

Keep Dak in, let Tony finish out some games to see what shape he is in , then decide. To throw him in for a full regular season game after now almost 1 1/2 years off would ensure he gets hurt with the 1st or 2nd qtr...

erod

Reaction score
The results of this poll are mind blowing. They should be 99% to 1% Dak right now. Dak gives this team the best chance to win and has lead us to a 5-1 record. Are you people for real?

I just looked at an ESPN poll where 165k people have voted and Dak leads it 77%-23%. That is more realistic.. but the % should be even higher. This kid is amazing...

If Romo was healthy, they'd still be 5-1. That's the point.

This offensive line is the star. And Zeke. The QB doesn't have to do as much as before.

For a rookie, Dak had done an amazing job of keeping poised and making good decisions for a young QB. But he's not lighting it up. The run game is doing that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If they let Dak keep playing and he keeps playing well and plays all year and into the post season-

Im guessing Romo may ask for a trade in the offseason. In the past that is generally how things go if the veteran QB wants to keep playing. Though given his injury history, im not sure if Romo would be up for going to another team this late in the game. Any thoughts ?
These are the three teams I heard where possible this weekend (rumor only)
1) Jets
2) Dolphins
3) Cards
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-rumors-tony-romo-landing-spots.html/4/

But he loves the Cowboys so much, and has already said the thought of just being a hired gun is not appealing.
Never say never though

DFWJC

Reaction score
If Romo was healthy, they'd still be 5-1. That's the point.

This offensive line is the star. And Zeke. The QB doesn't have to do as much as before.

For a rookie, Dak had done an amazing job of keeping poised and making good decisions for a young QB. But he's not lighting it up. The run game is doing that.
pretty strong odds they'd be 6-0 with the way this run game is rolling and this secondary is playing... but we'll never know.

Good for Dak though. 5-1 is awesome.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That poll is purely unscientific. It's an open poll without any validating qualifications or restrictions. 165,000 votes do not necessarily equal 165,000 individual voters. Anyone voting in that poll can do once or however often they desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.