CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Your take isn't even coherent.

So is it quality individual performance that wins games or just the bottomline (if they win the game)?

Those QBs "won" the game despite their poor overall play.
You are arguing about those QBs who were in the Super Bowl. it's dumb. The fact is, if Tony Romo had ever made the Super Bowl, I'd have no argument. Only losers come in here blabbing about stats, team game, things of this nature. If your QB is good enough to win Super Bowls, you don't have to whine.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You are arguing about those QBs who were in the Super Bowl. it's dumb. The fact is, if Tony Romo had ever made the Super Bowl, I'd have no argument. Only losers come in here blabbing about stats, team game, things of this nature. If your QB is good enough to win Super Bowl, you don't have to whine.

No, I'm taking your argument on YOUR terms. Now you're trying to reframe the argument. I'm not going to let you do that.

So is it quality individual peformance that wins games or just the bottomline?

Was Trent Dilfer a "Super Bowl quality" QB because he QB'd the Ravens to the 2000 Super Bowl? Yes or no?

And, only "losers" run away from their own arguments. That's plainly pathetic.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
No, I'm taking your argument on YOUR terms. Now you're trying to reframe the argument. I'm not going to let you do that.

So is it quality individual peformance that wins games or just the bottomline?

Was Trent Dilfer a "Super Bowl quality" QB because he QB'd the Ravens to the 2000 Super Bowl? Yes or no?

And, only "losers" run away from their own arguments. That's plainly pathetic.
Trent Dilfer played smart football and that's what got him there. Romo plays dumb football in the post season, and that's why he's not EVER REACHED the NFC Championship game. The fact is, if you made it to a Super Bowl, your QB played smart. If you won the Super Bowl, your QB played smart. If you never make it, you are just a clown QB with stats.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The fact is, if your QB has never made the Super Bowl, you have ZERO argument.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Trent Dilfer played smart football and that's what got him there. Romo plays dumb football in the post season, and that's why he's not EVER REACHED the NFC Championship game. The fact is, if you made it to a Super Bowl, your QB played smart. If you won the Super Bowl, your QB played smart. If you never make it, you are just a clown QB with stats.

Trent Dilfer's "smart football" postseason run to the Super Bowl everyone!

59 of 135 (43.7% comp. pct)
4 TDs/4 INTs
66.0 QBR

Dilfer put the 2000 Ravens on his back apparently, smh. Thanks for the early morning comedy relief.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Looool.

Trent Dilfer's "smart football" run to the Super Bowl everyone!

4 TDs/4 INTs
66.0 QBR

Dilfer put the 2000 Ravens on his back apparently, smh. Thanks for the early morning comedy relief.
Would you rather have Trent Dilfer's sad Super Bowl victory, or Tony Romo's sad playoff losses when it's all said and done. When he retires, he will be forgotten, except by you.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Would you rather have Trent Dilfer's sad Super Bowl victory, or Tony Romo's sad playoff losses when it's all said and done. When he retires, he will be forgotten, except by you.

Lol, so Dilfer is remembered for his magnificent postseason run now?

Teams win games (and Super Bowls), not individuals.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'll take Trent Dilfer's season over anything Tony Romo has EVER done. Anyone who ends the year Super Bowl Champs is where I'd like to be. I don't care how good you think Romo is, being good has everything to do with playoffs and Super Bowls. You think like a loser dude.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Uh huh, "smart QB play" like:

4 TDs/4 INTs
66.0 QBR
You are caught up in stats instead of the stat that's the most important. Victory. He threw 4ints but obviously overcame them. If Romo throws 4 INTs, he's done.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Regardless of how good or bad Dilfer played in the Super Bowl, he actually made it there. If Tony ever makes it and has a sad game and we win, I'll make sure to give him all the praise he deserves. Your room must be full of Romo posters and artifacts.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Regardless of how good or bad Dilfer played in the Super Bowl, he actually made it there. If Tony ever makes it and has a sad game and we win, I'll make sure to give him all the praise he deserves. Your room must be full of Romo posters and artifacts.

You mean the Ravens made it there?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You are caught up in stats instead of the stat that's the most important. Victory. He threw 4ints but obviously overcame them. If Romo throws 4 INTs, he's done.

Wait, you don't think having quite possibly the best team defense in modern football helped Dilfer get to the Super Bowl. Instead, it was Dilfer's "smart QB play" that led the Ravens there.

C'mon maayne, smh.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Wait, you don't think having quite possibly the best team defense in modern football helped Dilfer get to the Super Bowl. Instead, it was Dilfer's "smart QB play" that led the Ravens there.

C'mon maayne, smh.
He won a Super Bowl, Romo hasn't. This is the bottom line. I'll let you go on and on about Dilfer, but on his resume will be Super Bowl victory. You can argue until you're old and dead. The fact is, he won a Super Bowl. You can slant it in any direction you want if you it makes your heart happy, but in my world, I'm happiest when we win a Super Bowl. And the fact is, Romo has never even come close to it, he's brittle, and he will be forgotten.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'll tell you what since I'm trying to watch the Vikings vs Philly game. Dilfer won 3 straight to get to the Super Bowl then won the Super Bowl. He also won 7 straight games in the regular season so he deserved to be there.

Now you can have the last word. Oh yeah, btw, Tony Banks was the starter and replaced by Dilfer. I thought any QB could win the Super Bowl with that defense?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He won a Super Bowl, Romo hasn't. This is the bottom line. I'll let you go on and on about Dilfer, but on his resume will be Super Bowl victory. You can argue until you're old and dead. The fact is, he won a Super Bowl. You can slant it in any direction you want if you it makes your heart happy, but in my world, I'm happiest when we win a Super Bowl. And the fact is, Romo has never even come close to it, he's brittle, and he will be forgotten.

And you're clearly missing the overarching point; teams win Super Bowls, not individuals.

Dilfer was absolutely crap on the 2000 postseason run (as the stats showed). Dilfer benefitted from having one of the greatest defensive seasons in the modern era. Nobody can take away Dilfer's ring, nor should they, but teams win and lose because there are other individuals on the field contributing to a win or loss.

You simply want to cast aside that fact and lay the blame ENTIRELY on Romo.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
And you're clearly missing the overarching point; teams win Super Bowls, not individuals.

Dilfer was absolutely crap on the 2000 postseason run (as the stats showed). Dilfer benefitted from having one of the greatest defensive seasons in the modern era. Nobody can take away Dilfer's ring, nor should they, but teams win and lose because there are other individuals on the field contributing to a win or loss.

You simply want to cast aside that fact and lay the blame ENTIRELY on Romo.
How about this, Romo can't win because he doesn't have the team. So what makes you think he has the team to win it now?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Seeing you two go at each other is classic CZ.........it is like CPT vs KJJ in the McFadden thread

Even though I agree with CPT 100% here(what has Dak ever won?) you guys just love to dig in

Clove is being obtuse on purpose if he is going to take Dilfer over Romo in anything

Status
Not open for further replies.