CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He won them, which means he didn't lose them. Have you ever played football? Just wondering.

Yeah, I have.

Clearly you haven't if you think one player "wins" the game. And if I'm to believe that you did, are you going to tell me your coach told you after a loss "blame it on our QB, he lost us that game?!!?"

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yeah, I have.

Clearly you haven't if you think one player "wins" the game. And if I'm to believe that you did, are you going to tell me your coach told you after a loss "blame it on our QB, he lost us that game?!!?"
Did you play Starting QB and have you won championships, because I've won 3 championships in my life. You win with great QB play, and the Qb's that I've played with that did not have that type of play, we always lost.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
There's no getting around it, Romo hasn't made it to the NFC Championship game, not even close. How do you call yourself a great QB when you haven't even sniffed the NFC Championship game in all those years. The guy doesn't have it, the sooner you realize it, the happier you'll be. Trust me.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Anyways, having said that, I already told you I would support Romo 100% , and I mean that. If he becomes the starter, I will pull for him as if he were Dak Prescott or any other QB they put there. I just want to win, that's all.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Did you play Starting QB and have you won championships, because I've won 3 championships in my life. You win with great QB play, and the Qb's that I've played with that did not have that type of play, we always lost.

'93 Super Bowl
19 for 27, 207 yard, 0 TDs, 1 INTs

"great QB play"

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If Romo can actually make it to the Super Bowl, we'll match his numbers.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If Romo can actually make it to the Super Bowl, we'll match his numbers.

Lol?

So Romo is what failed this team in 2014 against Green Bay? Or, was it the fact we couldn't get an ounce of pressure on a one-legged Aaron Rodgers?

Reactions: Coy

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Lol?

So Romo is what failed this team in 2014 against Green Bay? Or, was it the fact we couldn't get an ounce of pressure on a one-legged Aaron Rodgers?
Romo had chances in Green Bay and didn't capitalize. He made a mistake going for the end zone vs a 1st down. He made mistakes right before the half, and I recall other mistakes he made but can't remember without watching the entire game.

You listed 1 game in 10 years. That in itself should give you your answer about Tony Romo.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Romo had chances in Green Bay and didn't capitalize. He made a mistake going for the end zone vs a 1st down. He made mistakes right before the half, and I recall other mistakes he made but can't remember without watching the entire game.

You listed 1 game in 10 years. That in itself should give you your answer about Tony Romo.

Lol, smh....

So you haven't responded to the "great QB play" wins Super Bowl nonsense. How'd those QBs I listed play in those Super Bowls? Did they "win the game" and put the team on their backs with those performances?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Gotta give the old man his last hurrah. This is probably Romo and Witten's last year and it's SB or bust.
If he gets hurt or stinks up the joint take the keys away and Dak becomes the new sheriff in town.
So how many games are we willing to kiss bye-bye if Romo begins to press, which you know he'll do thinking he needs to show the world this is still his team? The chemistry, the timing, will all need to be reestablished if Romo is handed the keys. This is a humbling game, and Tony's body has already made Tony rather gun-shy. Opposing D's will throw the kitchen sink at Romo, knowing he does not have the legs to run from it like Dak.

There's only 16 games in the season. Every win is precious. I just don't think there's going to be this seamless transition like some in here.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So how many games are we willing to kiss bye-bye if Romo begins to press, which you know he'll do thinking he needs to show the world this is still his team? The chemistry, the timing, will all need to be reestablished if Romo is handed the keys. This is a humbling game, and Tony's body has already made Tony rather gun-shy. Opposing D's will throw the kitchen sink at Romo, knowing he does not have the legs to run from it like Dak.

There's only 16 games in the season. Every win is precious. I just don't think there's going to be this seamless transition like some in here.
Romo's played 4 games in 2 seasons and has gotten hurt in 2 of them. Not sure why some fans are willing to sacrifice the season on a what if..... If Dak starts to struggle and we start losing games then insert Romo.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Romo's played 4 games in 2 seasons and has gotten hurt in 2 of them. Not sure why some fans are willing to sacrifice the season on a what if..... If Dak starts to struggle and we start losing games then insert Romo.

Romo's 15-4 in his last 19 starts (dating back to 2014). What would we be "sacrificing" hypothetically?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Romo's 15-4 in his last 19 starts (dating back to 2014). What would we be "sacrificing" hypothetically?
I've never seen a more cowardly group of fans afraid to insert a 15-4 QB against a winless team. I guess they have to cling to their flimsy "chemistry" fantasy, since the outcome of the game would likely blow it to smithereens. Looks like chemistry wasn't part of their GED program after all...

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The season because chances are he will be rusty and chances are he'll end up getting hurt sooner or later. We are in a dogfight. Every game is important. Romo has hardly played since 2014. No way to know if he'll be the same QB.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Lol, smh....

So you haven't responded to the "great QB play" wins Super Bowl nonsense. How'd those QBs I listed play in those Super Bowls? Did they "win the game" and put the team on their backs with those performances?
They won. When is Romo going to make it to the NFC Championship game? I'd have to be in my 70s before that happened. Of course, Romo would by in his sixties.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
They won. When is Romo going to make it to the NFC Championship game? I'd have to be in my 70s before that happened. Of course, Romo would by in his sixties.

Your take isn't even coherent.

So is it quality individual performance that wins games or just the bottomline (if they win the game)?

Those QBs "won" the game despite their poor overall individual play.

Status
Not open for further replies.