CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
the problem is, when the team doesnt and its the playoffs...you cant make a change and find out. you're done.

this needs to be done now, in the middle of the season, when the risk is lowest.
Risk is the lowest? Lowest to lose what we have right now. We are 6-1 and on a 6 game win streak. You don't mess with that

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You couldn't come up with an answer to a single question so instead of taking the easy way out by not responding, you took the second easiest way out by posting a video...nuff said! :thumbup:
I gave your post the exact attention is deserved im my opinion.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Should the Pats have stuck with Garoppolo if he had stayed healthy and improved to 4-0 (no I am not saying Romo is Brady, just that it's the same argument especially considering Garoppolo has better stats than Dak by far and third year players have a history of success in the playoffs unlike rookies)? Should we keep Dez out of the lineup as we were doing so great without him? How about Tyron Smith, I mean we were winning with Green right (and Green allowed fewer sacks and more rushing yards... don't give me that BS about different defenses, it's all about that one player)? Should the Vikings stay put and maybe use AP on a rotational basis when he gets healthy seeing as how they are the 2nd best team in the NFC without him? You play the best players regardless of how your team is doing with them out of the lineup, if Romo is the better QB (which 2014 Romo > 2016 Dak, not sure about 2016 Romo yet, but then again neither are you) then you play him. End of story.

For you to compare the Brady/Garoppolo situation with the Romo/Dak situation then you must think Romo is Brady. lol The only Brady comparison that resembles what's happening with the Cowboys was the Brady/Bledsoe situation and Belichick was smart enough to stick with the hot hand. It ended up winning him and SB and the rest is history. Bledsoe hadn't won much his entire career and Belichick saw something special in Brady. Romo isn't close to Tom Brady and Brady only missed 4 games due to a suspension, not the last 12 regular season games dating back to last season recovering from broken bones. Brady wasn't coming off a broken back and didn't have the amount of rust that Romo will have. Romo has only played in 2 full games dating back to last season.

Garropolo's stats only consisted of 2 games, while Dak has led the Cowboys who weren't expected to do anything this season to a 6-1 record that has them 2 games up in the NFC East. We've beaten 3 solid opponents in a row with him at QB. Your argument is about as weak and ridiculous as it gets. You obviously didn't think this out very well. How does keeping Dez out of the lineup compare with the Dak/Romo situation? Dez's replacement didn't do anything to take his job...get real! Do you honestly think Tyron impacts games like a QB? lol Your argument is beyond ridiculous! We're winning games and Dak is one of the main reasons. In total QBR he's 3rd in the league behind Brady and Matt Ryan.

His play has made a HUGE impact on the team. Our QB situation last season was the main reason we couldn't win football games and it's one of the main reasons we're winning games this season. Romo isn't going to come in after all the games and practices he's missed and looked anything like Tom Brady or Dak Prescott. Dak's play is pretty much on par with what we saw from Romo the first 7 games of the 2014 season and that was a career year for Romo. Romo's TD to turnover ratio the first 7 games of 2014 was 14-7 and Dak's is 13-3 plus Romo took one more sack than Dak has. Both had the same 6-1 record.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I sleep great at night, I have answers you don't. You said Romo is the better QB and that we wouldn't have gotten down by 10 points with him. How do you know that? The last time Romo faced a pass rush like Philly's he ended up throwing three picks and was injured. We ended up being blown out in that game. It's not easy overcoming a 10 point deficit against a team with a strong pass rush.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Risk is the lowest? Lowest to lose what we have right now. We are 6-1 and on a 6 game win streak. You don't mess with that

Lowest risk to causing playoff and superbowl run losses.

Middle of the season is the lowest risk, you have time to comeback from any losses.

Only lower risk would be if we have the #1 seed locked up by week 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.