CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just checked out the names of the posters who voted for Romo. Not surprised by a few of the names, only figures. lol You don't make a change at QB until you have to make a change. Someone who voted for Romo explain to me why go back to Romo when Dak and this team are riding a 6 game winning streak and we're 2 games up in the NFC East...why??? Once you lose the read option in this offense by adding a RUSTY QB who takes sacks and throws INT's we're not going to be nearly as good a team as we are now.

Does anyone think the players want to see a change at QB? Does anyone really believe the team is going to have the same energy we've seen all season with an aging, sluggish, RUSTY Romo? The play Romo got injured on in preseason, Dak runs away from that sack and makes a play. In less than 4 games last season Romo's TD to turnover ratio was 5-8. Dak's TD to turnover ratio in the 7 games he's played this season is 13-3. It's almost like some of you want to continue having the same seasons over and over. Going back to Romo is just going back to where we've been.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Romo will have been out of a regular season game for almost twelve months when he is actually able to come back and this whole thing stinks like there is a little more going on with his back than they have let on. I say let Dak play rather than put Romo in and watch him get hurt again.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Can anyone make a "good" argument for replacing Dak with Romo if he continues playing well and we keep winning? Let's say we roll Cleveland by 20 points and Dak plays great. If Romo is cleared to play the following week would you bench Dak and start Romo? Let's see if anyone who voted for Romo will step up to the plate and answer those questions.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last week the voting was heavily toward Dak. This week Romo's leading. That just shows you how fly by the seat of your pants most fans are. They have no logic behind it. They believe one thing one week and the other the next week.
"Most" may not be the correct descriptor. There has been a steady decline in total active voting week to week. Additionally, a possibly significant number of members may not have changed their opinion each week. A review of weekly voters would reveal if "most" is true or if actually "some" is the better descriptor. Honestly, the thought has crossed my mind to take a closer look at the weekly ballots. I just might later today.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I just missed getting in under the deadline but I would have remained consistent and voted for Romo.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Last week the voting was heavily toward Dak. This week Romo's leading. That just shows you how fly by the seat of your pants most fans are. They have no logic behind it. They believe one thing one week and the other the next week.

Total voting was also way down last poll when Dak was ahead (around 200) vs (around 350) for the 1st poll. I think a lot of people (especially Romo supporters) are over this argument or scroll right on past the poll before they see it and its not open all that long....

John813

Reaction score
Dang, missed the vote, somehow.

Still would stick with Dak

fifaguy

Reaction score
Depends on how team is doing at that time. If we are trending downward then turning it over to Romo makes sense.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Can anyone make a "good" argument for replacing Dak with Romo if he continues playing well and we keep winning? Let's say we roll Cleveland by 20 points and Dak plays great. If Romo is cleared to play the following week would you bench Dak and start Romo? Let's see if anyone who voted for Romo will step up to the plate and answer those questions.
Should the Pats have stuck with Garoppolo if he had stayed healthy and improved to 4-0 (no I am not saying Romo is Brady, just that it's the same argument especially considering Garoppolo has better stats than Dak by far and third year players have a history of success in the playoffs unlike rookies)? Should we keep Dez out of the lineup as we were doing so great without him? How about Tyron Smith, I mean we were winning with Green right (and Green allowed fewer sacks and more rushing yards... don't give me that BS about different defenses, it's all about that one player)? Should the Vikings stay put and maybe use AP on a rotational basis when he gets healthy seeing as how they are the 2nd best team in the NFC without him? You play the best players regardless of how your team is doing with them out of the lineup, if Romo is the better QB (which 2014 Romo > 2016 Dak, not sure about 2016 Romo yet, but then again neither are you) then you play him. End of story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coy

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
No flip flopping here. Steady as they go.

Dak
Dak
Dak
Dak

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is better than Romo is right now because he's young, healthy and he's been playing all season. Those who think Romo is going to hit the ground running after all the time he's missed and play as efficiently as Dak has played are fooling themselves. Romo has missed his last 12 regular season games and hasn't played a regular season game since last November. It's been a full year since he faced a regular season pass rush. There's NO WAY he comes back looking efficient and sharp after that kind of layoff recovering from a broken back. In his last two regular season starts he had 5 INT's mainly because of rust and because he gets loose with his throws. You're not going to get the 2014 Romo if he sees the field again, you're going to get an even rustier version of the Romo we got last season. In less than 4 games last year he had 7 INT's, while Dak has only thrown 2 picks in 7 games. I'm as honest about Romo as you'll find on this board and he would not have held up to Philly's pass rush on Sunday Night. He would have been sacked at least 6-7 times and may have thrown 2-3 picks. I'm not even sure he would have gotten through the game without sustaining another injury because even Dak took some real shots.

Go back and watch the tape of the jams Dak got out and was able to turn some of those jams into real positive plays because he can run. He's accounted for 13 TD's this season passing and running. The read option element he brings to our offense is very difficult to defend. He's literally walked into the endzone twice because it's so difficult to defend. The poise and composure he showed in the face of Philly's pass rush was unlike anything I've seen from a Cowboys QB since the days of Staubach and Aikman. He faced real adversity for the first time all season and stood up to it when the game was on the line. When it mattered most he made the critical plays and avoided the big mistake. I can't recall any game in Romo's career where the team got down by 2 scores to a real good defensive team that had a strong pass rush, where he was able to maintain his poise and bring the team back. He's melted down in those situations due to the pass rush, we saw it against Carolina's pass rush last season. He tends to press and Dak didn't press which is incredible for a rookie QB. The composure he showed was remarkable and there's intangibles he has that I've never seen with Romo.

Some of you are dreaming if think Romo is going to come back and play better than Dak has this season and suffer as few turnovers as Dak. Romo is bound to be tentative about taking hits and he's going to be RUSTY. Even in preseason Dak was more efficient than Romo and not one QB in the league during preseason had a higher passer rating than Dak. His play has carried over to the regular season and Jerry has been so impressed he doesn't want to take him out. He and the rest of the organization can see they have something special with Dak. Romo has always been a very good QB but he was never special. We've only been able to get so far with him. When you see a team step up around a QB like this team has stepped up around Dak you have something very special at the position. The game on Sunday Night reminded me of some of the games with Staubach, the way the defense would step up and make a play just to get Roger the ball back. This team believes in Dak, he has that look when he comes up to the line of scrimmage like he's going to make the play and get it done. It wouldn't shock me if he ends up being the first rookie to ever play in a SB, just wish we had a better defense. He won't hold us back, it will be the defense.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trivia from all four polls conducted thus far:

605 total members have participated at least one poll
319 (53%) members voted in one poll only
153 (25%) members took part in two polls
73 (12%) members recorded their vote in three polls
Only 48 members, 8% of total active participants, cast ballots in all four polls
49 members (another 8%) changed their vote at some point during all four polls.

Voting Patterns Of Members Who Changed Their Vote (49 Total Members)

7 members
Romo Starts > Prescott Remains > Skipped 3rd Poll > Skipped 4th Poll

5 members
Romo Starts > Romo Starts > Prescott Remains > Romo Starts

4 members (each)
Romo Starts > Skipped 2nd Poll > Prescott Remains > Skipped 4th Poll
Romo Starts > Skipped 2nd Poll > Prescott Remains > Prescott Remains

3 members (each)
Skipped 1st Poll > Skipped 2nd Poll > Prescott Remains > Romo Starts
Romo Starts > Skipped 2nd Poll > Skipped 3rd Poll > Prescott Remains
Romo Starts > Prescott Remains > Prescott Remains > Prescott Remains
Romo Starts > Romo Starts > Prescott Remains > Skipped 4th Poll

2 members (each)
Romo Starts > Prescott Remains > Skipped 3rd Poll > Prescott Remains
Skipped 1st Poll > Romo Starts > Prescott Remains > Skipped 4th Poll
Skipped 1st Poll > Prescott Remains > Skipped 3rd Poll > Romo Starts
Romo Starts > Romo Starts > Prescott Remains > Prescott Remains

1 member (each)
Prescott Remains > Prescott Remains > Romo Starts > Romo Starts
Prescott Remains > Prescott Remains > Romo Starts > Prescott Remains
Skipped 1st Poll > Prescott Remains > Romo Starts > Skipped 4th Poll
Prescott Remains > Romo Starts > Skipped 3rd Poll > Skipped 4th Poll
Skipped 1st Poll > Romo Starts > Prescott Remains > Prescott Remains
Romo Starts > Romo Starts > Skipped 3rd Poll > Prescott Remains
Romo Starts > Prescott Remains > Skipped 3rd Poll > Romo Starts
Prescott Remains > Skipped 2nd Poll > Romo Starts > Skipped 4th Poll
Romo Starts > Prescott Remains > Prescott Remains > Skipped 4th Poll

Breakdown of Above Members' Votes In Their Last Poll
Romo Starts: 31% (15 Members)
Prescott Remains: 69% (34 Members)

Voting Percentage of Members Who Have Never Changed Their Vote In All Four Polls (48 Members Total)

Romo Starts: 54% (26 Members)
Prescott Remains: 46% (22 Members)

Many thanks to all participants of the polls! Keep voting!
:flagwave:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Most" may not be the correct descriptor. There has been a steady decline in total active voting week to week. Additionally, a possibly significant number of members may not have changed their opinion each week. A review of weekly voters would reveal if "most" is true or if actually "some" is the better descriptor. Honestly, the thought has crossed my mind to take a closer look at the weekly ballots. I just might later today.
Definitely "some."

mrmojo

Reaction score
Been behind the kid since the first poll...no hedging here..

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think you have to see how Dak plays over the next couple of weeks. Swartz really got to him the other night and that tape is now available for everybody to see. Every team is now going to blitz the crap out of Dak and how he responds will determine how much longer he plays.

If he starts putting up 50 ratings week in and week out, Romo will be back in the lineup by Thanksgiving.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I think you have to see how Dak plays over the next couple of weeks. Swartz really got to him the other night and that tape is now available for everybody to see. Every team is now going to blitz the crap out of Dak and how he responds will determine how much longer he plays.

If he starts putting up 50 ratings week in and week out, Romo will be back in the lineup by Thanksgiving.
I don't think just any team can do it... you also have to be able to stand up to our offensive line and stymie the run game at least a little bit. Philly has always been able to do it, but our offensive line punks just about anybody else. Also our offensive line actually did just fine against the blitz, and Dak mentally knew what to do... he just isn't consistently accurate.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

You couldn't come up with an answer to a single question so instead of taking the easy way out by not responding, you took the second easiest way out by posting a video...nuff said! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.