We'll need a Center this year, No bones about it

ItzKelz

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious you are clueless to how serious the diagnosis is...educate yourself. There is a thing called you know Google. I am sorry if that is harsh but you seem insensitive and repugnant in your view.
I don't take anything personal from someone I've never met. I'm logical to the fact that Freddie says he feels better. I'm happy for that. Hopefully the treatment continues to work for he and his familys sake.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Not just this year but for the future as well. Always prepare for the worst-case - if he can come back 100% then great. If not, we have to be ready to bring in his successor.

Center just became a draft need in 2019

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I suggest reading up a little about it. Google it. It only takes a few seconds to understand it is not a simple condition.

To expect the player to take the field in two weeks is just asinine.

What you read from Frederick was a courageous and personal statement that reflected his own beliefs and hopes. In no way should it be inferred to have anything to do with playing football, next week or ever again.

Even players like Ryan Shazier issue statements about their eventual return. But it is not right to assume that they are mindless machines that can take personal things and just erase them to get back on the field.
I googled it. Freddie says he feels better and I'm happy for him and his family. Hopefully the treatment continues to work.

stiletto

Reaction score
I don't take anything personal from someone I've never met. I'm logical to the fact that Freddie says he feels better. I'm happy for that. Hopefully the treatment continues to work for he and his familys sake.

No worries, just understand that Frederick doesn't just have a sore shoulder. He has a serious systemic immunity disease that could cost him his life much less his playing career. To me that makes his football season this year a little "dot". So be prepared for him to be absent this year. If he's not then it will be an amazing testament to one of the best that has suited up at the position for us but overall I'd rather see him get healthy long term. There's ALWAYS next year.

stiletto

Reaction score
We never do that because of Jerry Jones. And his son is not any better.

Hope has always been a strategy for them.

And they sell it, constantly, to a very gullible fan base.

Jerry has probably already determined in his mind that Beard will be starting week 1. Stephen is a week or two behind, so we might get someone in for a week or two ( who of course sucks) that can snap the ball until Beard is ready week 2. This is Stephen-logic... We need Stephen's Great-Great-Great-Great Grand Child who by then might have the "dumb-arse football mind" gene diluted enough to make sound decisions.

Carson

Reaction score
Mike Matthews, Daniel Munyer, Jack Allen, BJ Finney, Tim Barnes.

Take your pick!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Jerry has probably already determined in his mind that Beard will be starting week 1. Stephen is a week or two behind, so we might get someone in for a week or two ( who of course sucks) that can snap the ball until Beard is ready week 2. .
Don't forget that Stephen Jones is ready and waiting by the phone and scouring the waiver wire. Just ready to spring on opportunities as they present themselves. He is committed to improving the talent when it is evident and necessary. It is what this organization does. He says it all the time.

ShortRound

Reaction score
QykuDzR.jpg

ItzKelz

Reaction score
No worries, just understand that Frederick doesn't just have a sore shoulder. He has a serious systemic immunity disease that could cost him his life much less his playing career. To me that makes his football season this year a little "dot". So be prepared for him to be absent this year. If he's not then it will be an amazing testament to one of the best that has suited up at the position for us but overall I'd rather see him get healthy long term. There's ALWAYS next year.
I wasn't worried. Again we have no idea how long this will take. Could be 2 weeks and it could be the rest of his career. All we know is the diagnosis....that they caught it very early which is not often the case.... Freddie is responding well to the treatment.

To claim that just because you googled something that you know how this will turn out is like saying because you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night you can perform open heart surgery. As Cowboys fans we saw Jason Witten have his spleen removed and not miss a game. Which still sounds unbelievable.

Bottom line is what's best for Freddie and his family. Hopefully the treatment continues to work for him and his familys sake.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
As Cowboys fans we saw Jason Witten have his spleen removed and not miss a game. Which still sounds unbelievable.

Well, it is kind of unbelievable because Witten never had his spleen "removed". He had a serious, but very small laceration.

I guess next you will tell me that Tony Romo's entire lung fell out on the field in San Francisco and yet, he still came back and played.

lukin2006

Reaction score
His season is not necessarily done. People recover with this illness. I had GBS and recovered, and believe me ... I never received the medical care Travis will receive. He already stated that he received 2 treatments and was feeling better and his strength was improving ... once my strength started to improve I made a rapid recovery...

stiletto

Reaction score
I wasn't worried. Again we have no idea how long this will take. Could be 2 weeks and it could be the rest of his career. All we know is the diagnosis....that they caught it very early which is not often the case.... Freddie is responding well to the treatment.

To claim that just because you googled something that you know how this will turn out is like saying because you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night you can perform open heart surgery. As Cowboys fans we saw Jason Witten have his spleen removed and not miss a game. Which still sounds unbelievable.

Bottom line is what's best for Freddie and his family. Hopefully the treatment continues to work for him and his familys sake.

Again, you are acting like Beard has a scratch that might heal by tomorrow and we don't know. I didn't need to google this. I am familiar with auto-immune disease because I too have one just a different one. Once diagnosed, it changes your life. Beard is going through a lot right now. This is not one of those things you can rub dirt on and get back in there. Sorry you do not understand but some do, especially those in the medical field or with AI issues themselves. Sometimes you have to go way down to get back up.... we'll see how it goes.

stiletto

Reaction score
His season is not necessarily done. People recover with this illness. I had GBS and recovered, and believe me ... I never received the medical care Travis will receive. He already stated that he received 2 treatments and was feeling better and his strength was improving ... once my strength started to improve I made a rapid recovery...

That's great and does make me optimistic for his return this season BUT each individual is different. It's obvious he has some issues going on. If he comes back this season at full capacity it will be amazing to me anyways....

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Well, it is kind of unbelievable because Witten never had his spleen "removed". He had a serious, but very small laceration.

I guess next you will tell me that Tony Romo's entire lung fell out on the field in San Francisco and yet, he still came back and played.
I could believe some would say that. lol

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Figured Cowboys fans would get my point.