Wentz causing problems in philly

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Multiple teammates coming out to defend him. Non-story. Just Philly media garbage.

Reactions: C42

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Wentz is their guy and their wagon is hitched to him. If he can stay healthy, they'll be fine. If he can't, they'll have big decisions to make in the next couple years. Choosing to go with Foles over Wentz would be a huge mistake.

Foles started the first two games this year, games the Eagles lost. He was bad in both playoff games this year. He's been bad in his extended starting gigs. They shouldn't let a few games sway them. Now, I'd be fine if they did.
I hope Philly thinks like you because if they do, DAL wins a lot of games versus them for the next decade.

Philly backed themselves into a financial corner and will be asking Wentz to bail them out with surreal play.
Foles actually knows the system and how to play within it better.
Pretty easy to me to trade off the more valuable asset and get out of cap hell versus commit massive money to an unproven injury prone kid and basically get qquat for Foles.

Foles is 5-2 in regular seasons for the Eagles the last 2 years with both losses coming versus DAL; 1 of those the Eagles lay down game.

Eagles likely have 0 playoff wins without Foles on the roster the lats 2 seasons.
Availability is an important ability.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
or it is damage control

Yes, multiple teammates coming out to defend him is totally just "damage control"

....how about we take a look at what the people working for that garbage outlet are saying?

Yeah, this is totally impartial writing and not someone pushing tabloid fodder. Just because you're a Cowboys fan doesn't mean you have to be stupid to everything that is Eagles.

Tabloid BS needs to stay away from the NFL.

Reactions: C42

Fwed

Reaction score
Yes, multiple teammates coming out to defend him is totally just "damage control"

....how about we take a look at what the people working for that garbage outlet are saying?

Yeah, this is totally impartial writing and not someone pushing tabloid fodder. Just because you're a Cowboys fan doesn't mean you have to be stupid to everything that is Eagles.

Tabloid BS needs to stay away from the NFL.

This dude has had it out for Wentz since before he was drafted. this whole piece was him making up his mind, then looking for evidence to support his point spin and hatchet job.

harris33

Reaction score
I hope Philly thinks like you because if they do, DAL wins a lot of games versus them for the next decade.

Philly backed themselves into a financial corner and will be asking Wentz to bail them out with surreal play.
Foles actually knows the system and how to play within it better.
Pretty easy to me to trade off the more valuable asset and get out of cap hell versus commit massive money to an unproven injury prone kid and basically get qquat for Foles.

Foles is 5-2 in regular seasons for the Eagles the last 2 years with both losses coming versus DAL; 1 of those the Eagles lay down game.

Eagles likely have 0 playoff wins without Foles on the roster the lats 2 seasons.
Availability is an important ability.

I like Foles a lot and the last year the Eagles don't make it to the Super Bowl without Wentz playing at an extremely high level and pretty much locking up home field throughout the playoffs. Then again, I am not sure Wentz or any other QB could have beaten the Pats. Foles was definitely in a zone. I would be ok keeping Foles and trading Wentz but if, and thats a big if, Wentz can stay healthy he is the one to keep. People tend to forget when he was healthy he didn't need to come from behind as the Eagles where blowing out teams in the SB season. Any media hype about Foles or Wentz is just that. Most Philly fans are fine with either.

I also think foles, wentz or dak could have managed more than 3 points in the SB. Patriots looked very beatable in that game.

Pape

Reaction score
I also think foles, wentz or dak could have managed more than 3 points in the SB. Patriots looked very beatable in that game.

Could have? Maybe. Maybe not. But you'll never know. Weren't good enough to get there this year.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
No source for the quote
Fake news
Article uses actual quotes from at least 6 different guys.
This wasn't fake news and is why Wentz owned up to some of it and noted he wished this hadn't come out this way and people should address him directly to clear the air.

Keep in mind 3-5 guys will be cut to make the cap work.
A lot of guys are gonna be pretty salty to see Foles move on and Wentz get paid huge dollars while the team cuts guys who helped win.

Wentz has had 1 stretch of 11 or so games that were special.
Other than that he has 2 seasons of failing to deliver wins.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I like Foles a lot and the last year the Eagles don't make it to the Super Bowl without Wentz playing at an extremely high level and pretty much locking up home field throughout the playoffs. Then again, I am not sure Wentz or any other QB could have beaten the Pats. Foles was definitely in a zone. I would be ok keeping Foles and trading Wentz but if, and thats a big if, Wentz can stay healthy he is the one to keep. People tend to forget when he was healthy he didn't need to come from behind as the Eagles where blowing out teams in the SB season. Any media hype about Foles or Wentz is just that. Most Philly fans are fine with either.

Wentz is a huge upside, potential guy to be sure.
But the Eagles cap situation makes it a very tough deal to handle properly.
They've proven good enough to win it all without Wentz and now tying up a ton of cap space in him might mean not being good enough to win with him.
Not a great spot to be in IMHO.

DAL fans are freaking out over paying DAK but DAL spent 3 years cleaning up the cap to the point they have lots of space and a clean slate.
Philly is already in major cap debt.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s going to be so fun watching PHI eat their own on this one.

Anybody still think the franchising Foles story is to maybe get a pick for him?

Sydla

Reaction score
It’s going to be so fun watching PHI eat their own on this one.

Anybody still think the franchising Foles story is to maybe get a pick for him?

The plan was always to try to get a pick for Foles if they could. This is nothing new. The question is can the Eagles work their cap to be able to hold him long enough to trade him. They have to be under the cap by the start of the league year.

And people are making way too much out of this Wentz story. A large number of players backed him after this story broke so it's not like he's en enemy in that locker room.

The bigger issue facing the Eagles is their cap. They are going to have to make some really tough decisions and then with 4 picks in the Top 90, gonna have to nail them.