Werder coming up soon on Michael Irvin show

tyke1doe

Reaction score
zeromaster;2496415 said:
Werder is a wanna-be, and considering the snubs he's received, it is not that far-fetched to see him creating a story largely based on second-hand information, the sources of which he believes and won't name. If it helps him battle a feeling of persecution, so much the better.

A wanna-be for what? :confused:

He's already at the top of his profession. He is a journalist for the nation's - if not the world's - premier sports network. He covers the Dallas Cowboys - the most popular team on the planet.

He knows most of the players. He has access to players the average Joe fan doesn't. He gets to watch all the games free as part of his job. He has the cell phone numbers of many, if not most, of the players.

He gets seen on television regularly.

So please explain to me how he's a wanna-be? :confused:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
5Stars;2496462 said:
:laugh2:

You're OK, tyke! At least you have some sense of humor...for a lying journalist or wannbe reporter! Give Werder our best regards for a damn good job!

Pease, bro!

:)

If I tell him you said "Hi" would you believe me, being that I'm a lying journalist? ;) :D

P.S., I don't take your comments personally. You're having fun. I'm not immune to others having fun at my expense. :)

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
thats the key, espn thrives on T O.

and i totally agree, if i was Jerry Jones or owner of the Dallas Cowboys, i would ban Ed Werder from Valley Ranch, and have all staff personnel, coaches and players not to talk to espn and ed werder at all.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
tyke1doe;2496473 said:
If I tell him you said "Hi" would you believe me, being that I'm a lying journalist? ;) :D

P.S., I don't take your comments personally. You're having fun. I'm not immune to others having fun at my expense. :)

:laugh2: That depends on what "angle" you are after!!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2496474 said:
thats the key, espn thrives on T O.

and i totally agree, if i was Jerry Jones or owner of the Dallas Cowboys, i would ban Ed Werder from Valley Ranch, and have all staff personnel, coaches and players not to talk to espn and ed werder at all.

But because Jerry Jones lives in a society that values free enterprise and understands that the same fundamental freedoms that allow him to make his millions also allow for a free press to operate free from tyranny or censorship, he would never take such an approach.

superpunk

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2496489 said:
But because Jerry Jones lives in a society that values free enterprise and understands that the same fundamental freedoms that allow him to make his millions also allow for a free press to operate free from tyranny or censorship, he would never take such an approach.
lol @ journalistic overinflated sense of self-importance.

2much2soon

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2496489 said:

Huh? Preventing tyranny and censorship is in regard to the government, not private industry.
If you don't believe me, go work for some soul-less, global corporation for a few years. Tyranny and censorship are the foundations which daily corporate life are based upon.
And if Ed Werder was really hurting Jerruh's bottom-line (he's not) you can bet your *** Jerruh would put a stop to it.
All Werder is doing is stirring the pot and bringing Dallas more exposure

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I didn't get to hear the audio but from this thread it seems like Ed has realised the he was either led to believe something happened, that didn't, and he's having to defend the story in order to not lose face or that he wants to cry cause he's been caught in an out and out lie.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BraveHeartFan;2496568 said:
I didn't get to hear the audio but from this thread it seems like Ed has realised the he was either led to believe something happened, that didn't, and he's having to defend the story in order to not lose face or that he wants to cry cause he's been caught in an out and out lie.

Just picture this: He's a snake that cannot find his hole!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2496358 said:
He actually said, "I don't think anyone would deliberately lie to me."

What that says to me is that although he's certain they're not deliberately lying, he's not certain that all of their statements are 100% correct. Of course you can't always be certain, but when you have multiple sources refuting your source, you have to exercise some sort of judgment, no?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Werder is pathetic. Why hasnt this clown been banned from Valley Ranch yet??? anybody workin for ESPN for that matter...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BigDinAZ;2496776 said:
I wonder if the Cowboys will ban ESPN from Valley Ranch??

No...why should they? Just because one apple has a worm in it you don't need to throw away the whole bushel, right?

Besides, it ESPN that is swimming backwards, not the Cowboys!

:)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2496776 said:

Players could declare their own personal ban on ESPN. Just don't talk with them

Rudy

Reaction score
Cowboy Chris just got a shout out on Mosley's show too. This Werder heckling video has really found its way around!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rudy;2496811 said:
Cowboy Chris just got a shout out on Mosley's show too. This Werder heckling video has really found its way around!!
:laugh2:

Classic.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2496787 said:
Players could declare their own personal ban on ESPN. Just don't talk with them

True. But I wonder how many will.

If this is REALLY being blown out of proportion and the team is REALLY upset with Werder, you would expect to see that type of reaction.

But I think, except for the parties involved, the players know Werder's story is true. They just don't think it's a big deal because they're not personally involved, and they know it's the job of the media to examine inside the locker room.

They just don't feel the need to provide fodder for such stories. Unfortunately, T.O. feels the need to play to the press. And that's why he's generally the center of these stories not only here but every stop he's played football professionally.

superpunk

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2496776 said:
Why would he do that?

These self-important journalistic lackeys are good for one thing - free advertising. From the beginning of time, the only reason journalism or media exists is so that we will watch/read advertisements for crap they want us to buy.

ESPN continues to make the Cowboys the most important brand in the NFL, and they do it for free.

Jerry couldn't ask for more.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score