Werder coming up soon on Michael Irvin show

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
tomson75;2496274 said:
You're ability to relieve Werder of any wrongdoing is just as wrong as others ability to ignore any tension amongst the players.

Why you think that differences between teammates is uncommon is beyond me, but your entitled to blow it out of proportion too. Seems silly to me.

I think Werder was doing his job for the most part. He's trying to get a storty. Did he sensationalize it a little bit? Probably, although a confrontation between Witten and TO certainly gives his story much more credibility.

There is always tension on football teams, at all levels. My biggest problem in all of this is not about closed door meetings, or WR's griping. I hate the fact that there is a snitch in the room. That sort of thing can destroy football teams. If TO feels threatened, he will make life miserable for others. We can't afford to let this happen.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2496298 said:
I think Werder was doing his job for the most part. He's trying to get a storty. Did he sensationalize it a little bit? Probably, although a confrontation between Witten and TO certainly gives his story much more credibility.

There is always tension on football teams, at all levels. My biggest problem in all of this is not about closed door meetings, or WR's griping. I hate the fact that there is a snitch in the room. That sort of thing can destroy football teams. If TO feels threatened, he will make life miserable for others. We can't afford to let this happen.
A little bit? He reported that TO thinks Jason and Tony have secret meetings to draw up secret plays.

In what bizarro world is that just a little bit?

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
theogt;2496308 said:
A little bit? He reported that TO thinks Jason and Tony have secret meetings to draw up secret plays.

In what bizarro world is that just a little bit?

He reported that his source said that that is what TO thinks.

You can't refute what his sources told him any more than I can say without question that thats exactly what they told him.

But I have Werders credibility on my side. Sure its easy to say "Oh Werders an idiot", etc etc. But the fact remains that his credibility and his job is at stake, and if you are willing to outright lie like that, One....those sources aren't going to come back to you in the future, and since sources are any reporters lifeline, I tend to believe Werder didn't make it up. He'd be cutting his own throat.

Furthermore, can you really say TO wouldn't say something like that? He's a narcissitic, the world is against me, mentality with this guy. It always has been.

Like I've said before, none of us where there, so we don't know, but to totally dismiss Werders claim because TO is a cowboy and thats our favorite team, is absolutely ridiculous.

If this were Chad Johnson, on the Bengals, we'd never question Werder.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2496321 said:

You can't refute what his sources told him any more than I can say without question that thats exactly what they told him.

But I have Werders credibility on my side. Sure its easy to say "Oh Werders an idiot", etc etc. But the fact remains that his credibility and his job is at stake, and if you are willing to outright lie like that, One....those sources aren't going to come back to you in the future, and since sources are any reporters lifeline, I tend to believe Werder didn't make it up. He'd be cutting his own throat.

Furthermore, can you really say TO wouldn't say something like that? He's a narcissitic, the world is against me, mentality with this guy. It always has been.

Like I've said before, none of us where there, so we don't know, but to totally dismiss Werders claim because TO is a cowboy and thats our favorite team, is absolutely ridiculous.

Stop the arguing Ed. ;) :laugh2:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
theogt;2496113 said:
Is it fair to say someone is lying here?
Well I'm not lying. I have the highest level of confidence in my sources. I'm not going to call [TO or Romo or Witten a liar]. I stand by my reporting and believe my sources. I don't think anyone would deliberately lie to me. The information is anonymous but that's just the deal you have to broker to get the infromation in journalism. Would I rather quote directly? Yes, but that's not how the system works.

:clap:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
jobberone;2496270 said:
And if TO really said all that then he can't get up there and say he didn't say it.

Really?
You think because T.O. got up there and denied everything that that settles it? :confused:

There is one fact that Werder has not admitted to. Garrett called the meetings. They were not made in secret nor did the players initiate the meetings.

What difference does it make that Garrett called the meeting?

Why do you think Garrett called the meeting? Unless he's a mind reader, it's probably because the players made their feelings known. So, in essence, it is the players' feelings that prompted the meeting.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
tyke1doe;2496379 said:
I'll be there, son. :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

:laugh2: Bring some good news, not rubbish this time, OK? Oh, and tell Werder his shoes are not shined and that you will be back in no time at all to get them all pretty for him.

zeromaster

Reaction score
This may have already been mentioned, but it sounded like Costas was on Irvin's show (I could be mistaken) for awhile. The interesting point he tried to raise is who was more stable: Werder or Owens, as though it substantiates Werder's position and story.

To me the more pertinent question is: who is more credible, Werder or Owens. Of course Costas sides with Werder. No surprise, they're cut from the same cloth, though Costas seems higher class.

To me, someone that focuses on the negative a majority of the time is probably less stable. And when you throw in the sensationalism that the media fosters, it's pretty clear cut.

I'm not a huge Owens fan: he has his issues, as do all high-profile, high-energy personalities. Werder is a wanna-be, and considering the snubs he's received, it is not that far-fetched to see him creating a story largely based on second-hand information, the sources of which he believes and won't name. If it helps him battle a feeling of persecution, so much the better.

There are certainly posters here that are prepared to believe the media over an athlete, and that's their right. I don't have to agree with them though.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I think there was a meeting because the WR's have been complaining about the Offensive play calling most of the year, and it does appear that Romo likes Witten especially on 3rd down, but like Derrick Deese said last week that this happens on every team and Kudos to Garrett for meeting with the WR's and clearing the air. It was way overblown by Werder and ESPN because they like the Valley Ranch soap opera.

Mash

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2496321 said:

Now all this crap is based on what a source says "what TO thinks"?

really? Maybe its TO's shrink thats the rat :)

btw...If this was Chad Johnson......it would never been blown up like this...case in point...

Buresss shoots himself......ESPN and the likes.....praised Coughlin ....even tho Buress has been fined over 50 times since he was a Giant

and wasnt that Diehl yelling at Coughlin on the sidelines yesterday? Where was ESPN on that?

And lets not forget the fiasco in GreenBay......a team that had the exact same record as us last year.....where is the media there?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
5Stars;2496400 said:
:laugh2: Bring some good news, not rubbish this time, OK? Oh, and tell Werder his shoes are not shined and that you will be back in no time at all to get them all pretty for him.

ahahahahahaha!

As the waiter at my favorite Chinese restaurant says, "You funny guy."

I can't believe you thought of the above all by yourself.

That's some funny material. Yes, sir. Get this man on Def Jam Comedy. Quickly! ;) :D

Mash

Reaction score
zeromaster;2496415 said:
This may have already been mentioned, but it sounded like Costas was on Irvin's show (I could be mistaken) for awhile. The interesting point he tried to raise is who was more stable: Werder or Owens, as though it substantiates Werder's position and story.

To me the more pertinent question is: who is more credible, Werder or Owens. Of course Costas sides with Werder. No surprise, they're cut from the same cloth, though Costas seems higher class.

To me, someone that focuses on the negative a majority of the time is probably less stable. And when you throw in the sensationalism that the media fosters, it's pretty clear cut.

I'm not a huge Owens fan: he has his issues, as do all high-profile, high-energy personalities. Werder is a wanna-be, and considering the snubs he's received, it is not that far-fetched to see him creating a story largely based on second-hand information, the sources of which he believes and won't name. If it helps him battle a feeling of persecution, so much the better.

There are certainly posters here that are prepared to believe the media over an athlete, and that's their right. I don't have to agree with them though.

good post...

Owens reputation makes him a easy target....

ESPN thrives on it....

From the hamstring injury that he supposely was faking :rolleyes:
to his attempted suicide with pain killers ....again :rolleyes: .....ESPN...

to this report about TO "thinking" Witten is jealous of him :rolleyes:

and most believe it because....of his past.....and he whines about not getting involved in the offense more...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
tyke1doe;2496447 said:
ahahahahahaha!

As the waiter at my favorite Chinese restaurant says, "You funny guy."

I can't believe you thought of the above all by yourself.

That's some funny material. Yes, sir. Get this man on Def Jam Comedy. Quickly! ;) :D

:laugh2:

You're OK, tyke! At least you have some sense of humor...for a lying journalist or wannbe reporter! Give Werder our best regards for a damn good job!

Pease, bro!

:)