Twitter: Werder: Dak will be NFL's highest-paid player

SackMaster

Reaction score
On a personal level, I don't think any of these guys deserves the money they are making. Playing football is NOT that important in the scheme. So there is that part of it for me.
I'll be the first to say, I completely agree with you on this part. Football is NOT that important.

Unfortunately, until people pay to watch teachers teach, watch firemen firefight, watch developers program or buying military uniforms of those people that currently serve, the money is what it is.

Fair? Maybe not. But people who entertain are at the top of the pay-scale at this point in history.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's not a defeatist attitude that is a realistic attitude. This team and organization has treated free agency like a joke. They've admitted that they don't even start negotiations until later on in free agency and the bargain shop. So factor that approach in, the factor in the players they have signed in free agency, then factor in free agency is full of players other teams don't want? Not having money in free agency should force your hand in drafting better and not taking chances on guys like Taco Charlton. They took a shot on Taco because they could. If they felt more pressure to draft better they would've took TJ Watt.

And I believe football players should get what they deserve. If they make billions a year then at the very least they should be compensated for that. These owners make money off their likeness and their last name and they can't. So yeah I'm for them getting all the money they can get.

And in the crisis we are in now....we are asking entertainers to entertain us. Times like these are when they become really important. NFL won't even postpone their draft because they want to cash in on how many people will be sitting at home watching their product.

With Garrett I agree. But we now have MM and tons of cap space. And we can see already that the money is being wells spent filling our biggest needs. Things that were never addressed I the 10 years the horrid Garrett was here.

If anything, this overblown crisis has shown how unimportant sports really is.

Why should the NFL postpone the draft? Because a couple thousand people cant actually see it live?

Swagger

Reaction score
LOL...…..Dalton wins the division eh? Now that is funny.

So your solution is to give up, use Dalton for a year, tank the season and pray that you draft a QB that quickly develops into a top 10 QB?

How about we just sign the top 10 QB we have?

When you Dak trolls come up with something that makes remote sense, let me know.

But its moot anyway. Dak is our QB for at least the next 4 years. With MM as our coach, we are basically one or two offseasons away from being a legitimate contender.

Yep. Prescott didn't play a central role in winning any of the eight games last season. A competent NFL starting QB would have won the same eight games and one or two of the other eight games and wow...we would have won the division.

We wouldn't tank with Dalton starting as QB next season with a first/second round stud ready to go in year two.

We don't have a top ten QB on the roster soooooo I don't know who you are referring to?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No. It was partly lost before we even got going in the second quarter due to a stalling offense and the final nail was Prescott needlessly spiking the ball giving the guys off the street gassed Packers defense time to recover, reset and reorganise. Worse still it gave Rodgers enough time to put the Packers in position to win the game. We only had to reach OT as the Pack were gassed. There is a reason why a rookie QB has never won a Superbowl. Inexperience and poor decision making at crucial moment(s).

LOL...….so its was DAk's fault. LOL

Garrett was the one that told him to spike the ball. We already know that. Garrett talked about it. That is a fact.

This is what I am talking about. You make no sense. You blame Dak for everything. How can a guy that hates someone from day 1 be counted on to have a rational conversation?

Lets just move on. I have no interest.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak was criticized last year and he was on a what? 500k deal? At this point criticism and naysayers come with the territory. You either get a Super Bowl to shut them up or don't.

What $500k deal are you referring to? Was that some soup or footwear contract? He's unwittingly hurting his team by his demands. He admitted, himself, that he's trusting his agent to act in his best interest. By the looks of things, his agent is serving himself and his agency far more than Dak and his team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'll be the first to say, I completely agree with you on this part. Football is NOT that important.

Unfortunately, until people pay to watch teachers teach, watch firemen firefight, watch developers program or buying military uniforms of those people that currently serve, the money is what it is.

Fair? Maybe not. But people who entertain are at the top of the pay-scale at this point in history.

I agree they are at the top, but I don't think these football players deserve that kind of money. Its gotten way out of hand. When will it end? Are these guys going to be making 80 million a year in 15 years? It has to stop somewhere. Take the money and put it to good use somewhere. These guys in the real world would be doing what exactly? Its mindless.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He doesn’t deserve to be but market is market. There aren’t 8 QBs id take over him, especially not Wentz

But this isn't market. Especially now. This is weak front office IMO. But hey, if they do this again, then it's on them. Same deal all over again as we saw with Romo. What does the organization have to show for that? I'd guess we will see similar results.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Didn't Dak once say, at the beginning of last season, that he doesn't feel that he deserves to be paid in the range of a Brady, Brees, etc. because he doesn't have their resume or their stats? And he wasn't looking to cash strap the organization because he needs the team to have the money in order to surround him with the talent he needs to achieve his ultimate goal?

So what in the H E double hockey sticks changed from then til now? He now feels that missing the playoffs, again, now puts him in this 'elite' category so he should be paid as such?

I'm really trying not to lose respect for him, and his there's no 'I' in team moto, but it's getting harder by the day.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What $500k deal are you referring to? Was that some soup or footwear contract? He's unwittingly hurting his team by his demands. He admitted, himself, that he's trusting his agent to act in his best interest. By the looks of things, his agent is serving himself and his agency far more than Dak and his team.

Dak was getting paid around an average of 500k-800k the first 4 years. And you trolls didn't like him even then. LOL

And AGAIN, you don't know what you are talking about. Dak has asked for 4 years instead of 5. Which is actually less money. For a guy that hates Dak you should be applauding that move. A shorter term agreement, isn't that better for you?

Bottom line is you don't know what you are talking about with the facts. Which makes it even more difficult for you to come to a rational conclusion.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm sorry he made $2,025,000 last year. I didn't realize his salary jumped that high by year 4. He was making around the 500k in those other years.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak might be 28 years old before he's back on the field again. Who knows, maybe 29.

I think world events have got Dak and his agent rethinking some things.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Didn't Dak once say, at the beginning of last season, that he doesn't feel that he deserves to be paid in the range of a Brady, Brees, etc. because he doesn't have their resume or their stats? And he wasn't looking to cash strap the organization because he needs the team to have the money in order to surround him with the talent he needs to achieve his ultimate goal?

So what in the H E double hockey sticks changed from then til now? He now feels that missing the playoffs, again, now puts him in this 'elite' category so he should be paid as such?

I'm really trying not to lose respect for him, and his there's no 'I' in team moto, but it's getting harder by the day.

The only issue is you are listening to fools that hate Dak. Its like you watch CNN and try to figure out if T is doing a good job. LOL You are getting misinformation.

Dak doenst want more money, he wants less money. He wants 4 years instead of 5. That's less money. It actually garners respect as he is taking less money to bet on himself.

phildadon86

Reaction score
No. It was partly lost before we even got going in the second quarter due to a stalling offense and the final nail was Prescott needlessly spiking the ball giving the guys off the street gassed Packers defense time to recover, reset and reorganise. Worse still it gave Rodgers enough time to put the Packers in position to win the game. We only had to reach OT as the Pack were gassed. There is a reason why a rookie QB has never won a Superbowl. Inexperience and poor decision making at crucial moment(s).
Dak did what the coaching staff told him to do.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So your contention is because the cap went up we have to pay Dak the most.
This is literally how professional sports work. The best player in any sport is rarely the highest paid.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep. Prescott didn't play a central role in winning any of the eight games last season. A competent NFL starting QB would have won the same eight games and one or two of the other eight games and wow...we would have won the division.

We wouldn't tank with Dalton starting as QB next season with a first/second round stud ready to go in year two.

We don't have a top ten QB on the roster soooooo I don't know who you are referring to?

Yah, lets move on. Maybe one of your other Dak turd buddies is interested in your logic.

"lets go sign Dalton and roll the dice in the draft" :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Think about this............. Jerry has negotiated three big contracts in the last two years.

In each one, he buckled and made that player the highest paid player in the league at that position per AAV (Lawrence, then Elliott, then Cooper).

And he's about to do it again here with Dak. Because he's a crappy negotiator and players and agents know he'll buckle.

When all is said and done, we'll probably be wasting $10MM of so of cap space each year because he overpaid each of these four players.
Great point!

Why the hel_ does Dallas have to have the highest, or close to the highest, paid player at so many dam positions? This is why we lose good players to Free Agency we should be able to keep.

If guys get to greedy in Free Agency let them sign with someone else, trust your scouting department to find good players in Free Agency, or the draft, and trust your coaches to coach up your draft choices. It’s the Belicheat way, which has only won him 6 Superbowls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Of course he is. Even his detractors admit he is between 9-12 of QB's. Being a top 10 QB in the NFL is like being a top 10 player in the NFL. Or maybe you just haven't figure out how the NFL works?
Being a top 10 QB is like being a top 10 player?

And you're asking people if they know how the NFL works?

That's cute.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dunce corner for you again. LOL

What? This will be something that will be impacting every player. You don't think NFL suspending seasons won't have an impact on negotiations? Do you think Dak wants to play hardball when there may not even be a season this year or, heck, even the next?

I'd keep Dak on a tag right now and not even THINK about giving him a contract unless the price comes down considerably. World events have completely thrown a wrench into these long term mega deals.