Twitter: Werder: Dak will be NFL's highest-paid player

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Being a top 10 QB is like being a top 10 player?

And you're asking people if they know how the NFL works?

That's cute.

So genius, why do top 10 QB 's get paid more than the highest paid DE for corner? LT?

Duh...…………….I don't know. :muttley::muttley:

9of11

Reaction score
WOW...and he doesn't have any Super Bowl wins or came close to winning one...or an NFC Championship win or game....its ok, were used to stupid and the league laughing at us since Jerry took over full time as GM...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
With Garrett I agree. But we now have MM and tons of cap space. And we can see already that the money is being wells spent filling our biggest needs. Things that were never addressed I the 10 years the horrid Garrett was here.

If anything, this overblown crisis has shown how unimportant sports really is.

Why should the NFL postpone the draft? Because a couple thousand people cant actually see it live?
Well excuse me but I'm gonna have to wait and see on MM before I start saying things like "We have MM NOW!!" .That means nothing to me when the owner and GM are still the same. Now in regards to being coached on that field? That I know will be a upgrade for sure. Cowboys spent their money in the past on positions of need. They traded for Robert Quinn and Michael Bennett......signed Cobb. They've spent it on players they just at times have done it foolishly on the wrong guys like the Cedric Thornton's and Nolan Carroll's.

Never said they should postpone the draft. I said the owners were trying to. I guess because they'd like to actually interview players and bring some guys in.

I don't think its possible to have a overblown crisis. Either its a crisis or it isn't lol. People are losing lives. I'd feel the same way about the flu or any other virus coming through. I know it doesn't effect you though so you're good lol.

I feel for anyone who has to go through something like this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51978164

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It is the correct move because you can’t get an equal replacement value. Prescott is coming into his prime and has done nothing but win football games since he’s entered the league.
That's where we disagree. You can get a Kia level nfl QB anywhere. He's a Kirk Cousins level player and they are the majority of the qb's in the league. You can't get a Bentley level QB but a Kia level what Dak is is pretty common. He has done nothing but pad stats and if he's done soooo much winning why outside of his rookie year he has t been better than 9-7??? Yeah nothing but winning.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What? This will be something that will be impacting every player. You don't think NFL suspending seasons won't have an impact on negotiations? Do you think Dak wants to play hardball when there may not even be a season this year or, heck, even the next?

I'd keep Dak on a tag right now and not even THINK about giving him a contract unless the price comes down considerably. World events have completely thrown a wrench into these long term mega deals.

Says who? You?

Why would anyone take your word on anything when it comes to Dak. Can you name ONE thing you have been right about when it comes to Dak?

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak did what the coaching staff told him to do.
Exactly. I'm not blaming him for that. Of course our spanner coaching staff played a big part. Just making the point that an experienced QB would have carried on regardless, drained the clock so OT at worst but also taken on a gassed defense on their knees for the W.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well excuse me but I'm gonna have to wait and see on MM before I start saying things like "We have MM NOW!!" .That means nothing to me when the owner and GM are still the same. Now in regards to being coached on that field? That I know will be a upgrade for sure. Cowboys spent their money in the past on positions of need. They traded for Robert Quinn and Michael Bennett......signed Cobb. They've spent it on players they just at times have done it foolishly on the wrong guys like the Cedric Thornton's and Nolan Carroll's.

Never said they should postpone the draft. I said the owners were trying to. I guess because they'd like to actually interview players and bring some guys in.

I don't think its possible to have a overblown crisis. Either its a crisis or it isn't lol. People are losing lives. I'd feel the same way about the flu or any other virus coming through. I know it doesn't effect you though so you're good lol.

I feel for anyone who has to go through something like this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51978164

Well you are already seeing it. First two weeks and we go out and address both DT positions and safety. All things that Garrett couldn't get Jerry to do in 10 years.

More people die every year of the flu buddy. Its overblown. But Im not going to get into it here as its not allowed.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Says who? You?

Why would anyone take your word on anything when it comes to Dak. Can you name ONE thing you have been right about when it comes to Dak?

Everything I have said about Dak has been correct. He's not good enough to elevate our team, was I correct on that? Did we go 8-8 last year? Did he have a great offense? Thanks for playing.

And I'm not going to support giving an average to above average QB (on his best day) a mega deal when we have no idea when the next NFL season will be.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak was getting paid around an average of 500k-800k the first 4 years. And you trolls didn't like him even then. LOL

And AGAIN, you don't know what you are talking about. Dak has asked for 4 years instead of 5. Which is actually less money. For a guy that hates Dak you should be applauding that move. A shorter term agreement, isn't that better for you?

Bottom line is you don't know what you are talking about with the facts. Which makes it even more difficult for you to come to a rational conclusion.

Your emotional obsession with Dak has gotten you so blind that you're unable to reason realistically at this point. Dak made much more than that last year but I guess that doesn't count with you and your adopted hero. I don't hate Dak at all. I just think he's being led by an agent and an owner who has misled him into thinking he's more than he is. I only wish he was as good as he's been led to believe.

You're famous for making comments that put you in a corner to protect your almighty and imaginary expert knowledge. Get real and you'll be much happier in the long run. Being at odds with most of those in this website hasn't done you any favors.

At some point, Dak will be forced to prove he's worth what a overly-emotional owner and agent has seen fit to see him as realistically elite. Good luck with that. He has yet to prove it. If he is given what he wants, here's hoping he'll do so. Too much depends on it.

Last edited:

SackMaster

Reaction score
I agree they are at the top, but I don't think these football players deserve that kind of money. Its gotten way out of hand. When will it end? Are these guys going to be making 80 million a year in 15 years? It has to stop somewhere. Take the money and put it to good use somewhere. These guys in the real world would be doing what exactly? Its mindless.
The only people to blame is the fans. They keep pumping money into the NFL and the teams, so players, coaches, execs, ect... will continue to make more and more.

When will it end? We "regular" people stop spending, watch and caring about sports like the NBA, NFL or MLB. So ..... never.

While players clearly would not make as much as they do now, quite a few would probably still be very successful. Fredrick has a computer engineering degree and Dak has masters in workforce management (HR). So I'm sure they would be just fine outside of the NFL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well you are already seeing it. First two weeks and we go out and address both DT positions and safety. All things that Garrett couldn't get Jerry to do in 10 years.

More people die every year of the flu buddy. Its overblown. But Im not going to get into it here as its not allowed.

I understand what you're saying. My point is even if its one death its still unfortunate. We can move past that. We are going to be on opposite spectrums of that.

And I don't think Garrett couldn't get Jerry to do it.........I don' think he even tried to because of what Maranelli liked.

If they go in the 1st round of the draft and draft a DT that's available and not pass him up? I'd be impressed. But we've seen them in the past get DT's. Never actually draft one early though.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is literally how professional sports work. The best player in any sport is rarely the highest paid.

It literally doesn't. Again, Goff and Wentz signed after Wilson and got less. And everyone knew the cap would go up in the future, probably a lot after the new CBA which was on the horizon.

Wilson signed a year ago. His contract isn't that old that it's considered below market rate for elite QBs at this point. Dak's contract should be between what Wentz/Goff got and Wilson.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Right until the next QB gets extended. People read into the market too much.
Exactly...wait till Mahomes gets paid!! nobody will discus Dak...and who cares..it's the market...should we go back to the day of Drew Henson and Chad...?

Nav22

Reaction score
Who cares what rival fans think? Hating on the Cowboys QB is an annual NFL tradition.

It’s like people have already completely forgotten about the nonsense Tony Romo dealt with. “LOL DURRR ROMO ALWAYS CHOKES!!”

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Great point!

Why the hel_ does Dallas have to have the highest, or close to the highest, paid player at so many dam positions? This is why we lose good players to Free Agency we should be able to keep.

If guys get to greedy in Free Agency let them sign with someone else, trust your scouting department to find good players in Free Agency, or the draft, and trust your coaches to coach up your draft choices. It’s the Belicheat way, which has only won him 6 Superbowls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B/c they have good players. They didn't lose anyone this year b/c of salary cap restrictions, they simply chose not to pay Byron/Quinn/Collins.

I mean, what, should they let DLaw go so that they can re-sign Quinn? This logic is so ridiculous.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It literally doesn't. Again, Goff and Wentz signed after Wilson and got less. And everyone knew the cap would go up in the future, probably a lot after the new CBA which was on the horizon.

Wilson signed a year ago. His contract isn't that old that it's considered below market rate for elite QBs at this point. Dak's contract should be between what Wentz/Goff got and Wilson.
The extension started for all 3 in the same year. It doesn't matter what date they were signed. % of cap is the number that mattters.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Who cares what rival fans think? Hating on the Cowboys QB is an annual NFL tradition.

It’s like people have already completely forgotten about the nonsense Tony Romo dealt with. “LOL DURRR ROMO ALWAYS CHOKES!!”
such a great post!! and to take it a step further...Hating on anything and everything Cowboys is tradition...you know like the super clever " Cow%irls"

USArmyVet

Reaction score
B/c they have good players. They didn't lose anyone this year b/c of salary cap restrictions, they simply chose not to pay Byron/Quinn/Collins.

I mean, what, should they let DLaw go so that they can re-sign Quinn? This logic is so ridiculous.
They chose not to resign Byron/Quinn/Collins because they had to sign Cooper and Dak....hence salary cap restrictions.

As for Lawrence, they should have applied the non-exclusive tag last year and traded him for draft picks just like they should have traded Zeke and Dak too.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Look at the replies to the tweet. Rival fans are giddy about this. It's insane we've gotten to this point.

Well the highest AAv is wilson at 35. 35-36 has been the number thats been talked about. Non story there.