Twitter: Werder: Dak will be NFL's highest-paid player

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
That doesn't change the fact that we found our QB in 2 years. Again, he was simply being developed. He probably could have started in 05. if I remember correctly, he looked great in training camp and the preseason.

Signing an UFA and having him sit on the practice squad for 2, 3 seasons doesn't count as "finding" your QB. You lucked out a nobody became a somebody, that's all. My point still stands. From 2000 to 2005, we started the worst collection of QBs seen in modern nfl history.

That's the kind of scenario you could be facing again if you don't pay your QB. I'm not here to tell you Dak is elite, or is even a no-doubter top 10 NFL qb. But he definitely is in the top 15, and you can more than work with that.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Signing an UFA and having him sit on the practice squad for 2, 3 seasons doesn't count as "finding" your QB. You lucked out a nobody became a somebody, that's all. My point still stands. From 2000 to 2005, we started the worst collection of QBs seen in modern nfl history.

That's the kind of scenario you could be facing again if you don't pay your QB. I'm not here to tell you Dak is elite, or is even a no-doubter top 10 NFL qb. But he definitely is in the top 15, and you can more than work with that.

Doesn't count as finding your QB, even though he went on to be a near decade starter? LOL what? Doesn't matter if he was an UFA or a first rounder.

I guess Rodgers wasn't "the guy" either despite sitting behind Favre for a few years.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Nope the actual truth that all y'all Pro Dak people will find out sooner or later. Y'all just used to that honda accord life at QB with Dak. Once you get a taste of a Bentley type QB you'll see and know the difference real quick.
4yrs in....he's more than a Bentley.
too bad you can't see it.
haters gonna hate.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm just curious. If the Cowboys tank this year, go 1-15 and get the first pick in the 2021 draft. And Trevor Lawrence is coming out. Do you think the Cowboys would select him or trade down and accumulate picks because they're secure with Dak and his contract?

Just asking.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Doesn't count as finding your QB, even though he went on to be a near decade starter? LOL what? Doesn't matter if he was an UFA or a first rounder.

I guess Rodgers wasn't "the guy" either despite sitting behind Favre for a few years.

Your point being that we "found our QB" 2 years in because we lucked out and he blossomed later.

No one thought Tony Romo was an answer when he was signed as a UFA, or even the next year or the year after. He was just a practice squad guy and/or backup.

In the meantime we were trotting out Ryan Leaf, Quincy Carter, Drew Hutchinson, Clint Stoerner, that Anthony kid from South Carolina, desperately throwing QB darts at the wall and hoping for a bullseye. This went on for FIVE SEASONS, counting 2000 with the corpse of Troy Aikman.

Edit: Oops, how could I forget gunslinger Tony Banks, who didn't even step on the field for us, beaten out by QUINCY CARTER of all people.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm just curious. If the Cowboys tank this year, go 1-15 and get the first pick in the 2021 draft. And Trevor Lawrence is coming out. Do you think the Cowboys would select him or trade down and accumulate picks because they're secure with Dak and his contract?

Just asking.

I think we'd stick with Dak if he gets this big contract. If Dak doesn't take the next step this year while on a franchise tag, I think we let him walk.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How about according to you? What kind of draft pick compensation do you think he can net us?

...and I aint' no Cam Newton fan. I'm just saying behind our OL and running game and defense... it doesn't take anything close to the "highest paid player in the NFL" kind of money to get us to 8-8 like Dak did last year.
he or Winston...id take flyer on either before I give dak 35mil...top 5 offer 33/105 regardless of language or structure should have been jumped on..he lost me when he wants to be THE top paid qb for at least 6monts anyway,, smh

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers isn't a great QB anymore, he's in the twilight of his career. He's borderline game manager at this point. he hasn't been a great QB since 2016. You're going off name alone, in Rodgers prime, he was a Super Bowl winner and an 2x MVP.

Rodgers is the 2nd best quarterback in the league. Maybe 3rd depending on how you feel about Russell Wilson. Rodgers is still better than most guys on Sunday....matter of fact weren't you the poster talking about how great of a thrower he is last season? You sure had a lot of praise for him last season but now he's not great anymore and in the twilight of his career.

Fact is, Aaron doesn't have Jordy, Cobb and Jennings to throw to anymore.....give him a better receiving group and he'll be right back to where he was.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Your point being that we "found our QB" 2 years in because we lucked out and he blossomed later.

No one thought Tony Romo was an answer when he was signed as a UFA, or even the next year or the year after. He was just a practice squad guy and/or backup.

In the meantime we were trotting out Ryan Leaf, Quincy Carter, Drew Hutchinson, Clint Stoerner, that Anthony kid from South Carolina, desperately throwing QB darts at the wall and hoping for a bullseye. This went on for FIVE SEASONS, counting 2000 with the corpse of Troy Aikman.

We didn't "luck out" - Parcell's AND Payton have discussed how much they liked Romo early on. You get UFA are scouted, right? They aren't raffled off onto a team and carried around like baggage lol There is also decisions that are made who to cut, and would you look at that, somehow Romo stayed with us in 2003, 04, and 05 before making his debut in 2006. It's kinda like, I don't know, they thought they had something in Romo. I guess two coaches at the time saying the same thing, along with Jerry having confidence in Romo when they discussed an extension didn't matter either.

Ok bro lol We just stumbled upon a franchise QB.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
4yrs in....he's more than a Bentley.
too bad you can't see it.
haters gonna hate.
4yrs in he's just a honda accord. You can't see it either you're just tired from the quarantine. Groupies gonna groupie. See how easy that is???

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Rodgers is the 2nd best quarterback in the league. Maybe 3rd depending on how you feel about Russell Wilson. Rodgers is still better than most guys on Sunday....matter of fact weren't you the poster talking about how great of a thrower he is last season? You sure had a lot of praise for him last season but now he's not great anymore and in the twilight of his career.

Fact is, Aaron doesn't have Jordy, Cobb and Jennings to throw to anymore.....give him a better receiving group and he'll be right back to where he was.

Based on freakin' what? The Packers had a cupcake schedule this year. They lost to nearly every good team they faced. Rodgers had one game over 90 and one game over 100 in the months of November and December. He was a game manager last year.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
We didn't "luck out" - Parcell's AND Payton have discussed how much they liked Romo early on. You get UFA are scouted, right? They aren't raffled off onto a team and carried around like baggage lol There is also decisions that are made who to cut, and would you look at that, somehow Romo stayed with us in 2003, 04, and 05 before making his debut in 2006. It's kinda like, I don't know, they thought they had something in Romo. I guess two coaches at the time saying the same thing, along with Jerry having confidence in Romo when they discussed an extension didn't matter either.

Ok bro lol We just stumbled upon a franchise QB.

If Tony Romo was this immediate obvious franchise QB when we scouted and signed him, why did he spend 2 (or 3) years buried on the scout team and as a backup?

Do you mean to tell me that we were merely tanking for 3 years because we knew Romo was gonna be good as soon as his time in the oven was done? Dude come on.

Again, my point still stands. We had a terrible collection of QBs throwing passes for us for FIVE SEASONS before Bledsoe, and that is INDISPUTABLE. That's what you could be facing if you let your starting QB walk.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If Tony Romo was this immediate obvious franchise QB when we scouted and signed him, why did he spend 2 (or 3) years buried on the scout team and as a backup?

Do you mean to tell me that we were merely tanking for 3 years because we knew Romo was gonna be good as soon as his time in the oven was done? Dude come on.

Again, my point still stands. We had a terrible collection of QBs throwing passes for us for FIVE SEASONS before Bledsoe, and that is INDISPUTABLE. That's what you could be facing if you let your starting QB walk.

...because they realized he needed to be developed but had the tools to be a franchise QB. That's not "lucking out", that is your words, not mine. Developing is not luck. Signing is not luck. Those require skill and action to get done, not some random event or outside force making it happen. Our franchise QB was being developed.

Either way, you can get a mediocre starting QBs to get you to 8-8. But oh no, what if we are 6-10 and miss the playoffs? So what? Same results, but without a QB being paid like he is an MVP.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Based on freakin' what? The Packers had a cupcake schedule this year. They lost to nearly every good team they faced. Rodgers had one game over 90 and one game over 100 in the months of November and December. He was a game manager last year.
What do you mean based on what? If Rodgers isn't a top 3 quarterback than who the hell is? Tom Brady? Brees? Roethlisberger? His first year in a new offense with solid running backs and with a injured Davante Adams....his stats would've looked far better if he had Nelson, Cobb and Jennings in their prime.

blueblood70

Reaction score

why go back to 2016 go from Romo to a 3rd on the depth chart in a 4th round QB and we didnt miss a beat,,sometimes you cut your losses when a player wants way above his paygrade and it can be detrimental to bulding the team..so gamble go get Jhurts int he 4th and let him be behind Dak under the FT this seson and get his feet wet using him like Thill in NO or lie they did LJ rookie year,, if it blows up it blows up CZ wants a top pick in 2021 and we can get Lawerence..:))

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
...because they realized he needed to be developed but had the tools to be a franchise QB. That's not "lucking out", that is your words, not mine. Developing is not luck. Signing is not luck. Those require skill and action to get done, not some random event or outside force making it happen. Our franchise QB was being developed.

Either way, you can get a mediocre starting QBs to get you to 8-8. But oh no, what if we are 6-10 and miss the playoffs? So what? Same results, but without a QB being paid like he is an MVP.

You have completely missed the point that we spent FIVE YEARS with terrible QBs, instead choosing to argue this ridiculous point about Tony Romo being a franchise QB in waiting the moment he was drafted and just needed developing. I hope you are not this obtuse in real life.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What do you mean based on what? If Rodgers isn't a top 3 quarterback than who the hell is? Tom Brady? Brees? Roethlisberger? His first year in a new offense with solid running backs and with a injured Davante Adams....his stats would've looked far better if he had Nelson, Cobb and Jennings in their prime.

He is not a top 3. Here are your top 3

Mahomes
Wilson
Jackson

Those were the top 3 QBs last year.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Except Dak has Cooper, two other nice receivers, and a great offensive line and RB. It's not a similar situation, dude. And, by the way, I would never bring up team records IF that isn't what was consistently used to prop up Dak - I always go by evaluating the player performance. And Dak has been lackluster against good teams.

And I wouldn't have paid Jimmy G that money either. Why? Because he didn't elevate his team consistently.

He’s worth it because he’s the best you got. You don’t have to be a top 5 player at your position to be paid like it, Cooper and Tank proved that. It’s about the cap your team has and how much they need the player. Dallas needs Dak desperately, he’ll get every penny.