Twitter: Werder: Dak will be NFL's highest-paid player

Philmonroe

Reaction score
no.
i like a good young QB with the 2nd most wins
over his 4yrs...2 div titles...2 playoff appearances.
every year he's gotten better.
helluva QB.
helluva player.
helluva leader.
better person.
he's earned his pay day.
Nope you’re jist another parrot groupie saying what you heard from sports channels. You don’t have an original thought sir. Anybody hyping up qb wins as a stat is well exposed to be nice. I don’t care about his pay day he’s just not that good but history will have to show the groupies what I’ve been saying Dak isn’t that good.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This thinking is what is driving up QB prices. Again, there is enough data out there now showing this bloated QB contracts are not good for a franchise. It's doubly worse when you overpay mediocrity.

We aren't the Eagles, dude. We have a long history of winning, this type of thinking is what caused us to become....well, what the Eagles were most of their history.

saying you know better than NFL GM’s doesn’t shine you in a positive light. Every team that has a Dak or better has paid him everything he wanted. They know what they’re doing, running a franchise without a franchise qb in place is not a good business practice

And I’ve got news for you about your eagles comment. Go look at both teams records in the salary cap era. You know, the era where his cap hit would even matter for this discussion.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Nope you’re jist another parrot groupie saying what you heard from sports channels. You don’t have an original thought sir. Anybody hyping up qb wins as a stat is well exposed to be nice. I don’t care about his pay day he’s just not that good but history will have to show the groupies what I’ve been saying Dak isn’t that good.
nope.
just a Cowboys fan like you who roots like hell for'm...win or lose.
i'm too old.
season is too short.
off season is too damn long.
as far as our QB...not the first time i liked the one we had and some didnt.
went thru that with Danny White.
i loved'm....others didnt.
and Tony Romo...i loved'm...others didnt.
i believe history will show...
we have a good one we can win with who is worth paying.
:flagwave:'MERICA'S TEAM:flagwave:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Since Rodgers is getting older there is only one real super star quarterback, Mahomes. Dak is lumped into a group of 12. I seen him beat and out play both Wentz and Wilson. You can’t tell me each of those quarterbacks are much better, I don’t see it.

I’d take Wilson over Dak due to consistent laser accuracy. But I understand your point.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
nope.
just a Cowboys fan like you who roots like hell for'm...win or lose.
i'm too old.
season is too short.
off season is too damn long.
as far as our QB...not the first time i liked the one we had and some didnt.
went thru that with Danny White.
i loved'm....others didnt.
and Tony Romo...i loved'm...others didnt.
i believe history will show...
we have a good one we can win with who is worth paying.
:flagwave:'MERICA'S TEAM:flagwave:
History has shown up to this point he’s average and beats up on bums. How you get winningnwith that must still be hypnotized by 2016. It’s 2020 wake up he’s average but I can’t tell you otherwise just remember what I told you when you join me on the average Dak train.

cowboyec

Reaction score
History has shown up to this point he’s average and beats up on bums. How you get winningnwith that must still be hypnotized by 2016. It’s 2020 wake up he’s average but I can’t tell you otherwise just remember what I told you when you join me on the average Dak train.
2nd most wins in 4yrs.
thats not avg.
but i'll save you a seat next to me at the parade when we win our 6th...next season.(or the one after)...and I won't say I told you so.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Then 10 minutes later another QB gets signed and now they are the highest paid.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I’d take Wilson over Dak due to consistent laser accuracy. But I understand your point.
Wilson is really good but he has not won anything since that great defense got old and fell apart. Neither has Rodgers for that matter.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Just curious, the overwhelming majority of your posts are arguing with Dak supporters as you try to get them to agree with you he is “average”.

Why do you never argue with posters who think he is complete trash and try to convince them he is “average”?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The NFL needs to have a salary cap by position. It is long overdue. Maybe Jerry cut ticket prices if he has to pay less in salaries.
He isnt cutting ticket prices if he is still selling out the stadium

mardwin

Reaction score
Utterly ridiculous. Dak hasn't earned the right to be the NFL's highest paid player - not by a long shot.

And I'm a Dak fan...

Dallas front office being incompetent as usual. To make a guy the highest paid player in the NFL when he hasn't played as the best player at his position is incomprehensible.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well. he'll be in a new system so I'll hope for the best,

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Just curious, the overwhelming majority of your posts are arguing with Dak supporters as you try to get them to agree with you he is “average”.

Why do you never argue with posters who think he is complete trash and try to convince them he is “average”?
Agenda. parroting he's average is all they do. Or attributing losses to Prescott alone. Notice when Romo is brought up in this very thread in an attempt to bash Prescott they don't suggest he's average for being on multiple teams with an 8-8 record?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Still both carry their teams, Dak only rides Zeke.
I hear the talking heads crying about carrying teams. When Rodgers won the Super Bowl he had the best group of receivers in the league, top offensive line, and a defense that when healthy that year was the best in football. We all know Wilson won the Super Bowl with a top 5 defense of all time. My issue is let’s stop overstating our talent. The Eagles have had more talent on their team since Andy Reid took over. We would win the division but the Eagles were the favorites. In 2016 some talking heads picked us to be have the first pick in the draft because Romo broke his back again. The Eagles won the Super Bowl without missing a beat after their elite quarterback tore his ACL. Their defense has always been better then ours. Can you imagine what Brady would do with their set of tight ends. You can actually make in argument the except for Zach Martin we have no top 5 players on offense at their positions. Dak was clearly the best player on the team last year.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Agenda. parroting he's average is all they do. Or attributing losses to Prescott alone. Notice when Romo is brought up in this very thread in an attempt to bash Prescott they don't suggest he's average for being on multiple teams with an 8-8 record?
No because then it’s the front office, or Garrett or anyone else other than Romo. I loved Romo but objectivity doesn’t exist here.

Reactions: G2

jnday

Reaction score
When then you should be worried.
You shouldn’t you can’t change the inevitable. Be prepared for several more years similar to the Romo years. They will have some talent, but not enough to win anything.

ClintDagger

Reaction score

I would think your answer is because the debate is over whether to pay Dak like an elite QB or not; which makes those that think he’s trash irrelevant to the conversation. If it was a debate over whether to bench Dak in favor of Rush then the reverse might be the case.