Twitter: Werder: Dak will be NFL's highest-paid player

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Personally, I have no loyalties to any player. I have loyalty to the organization itself. With the salary cap, the less a player makes, the more quality players we can have on our team. So it makes sense to root for less money for the players. If you want the team to win.

I'm the opposite. I Want guys to get paid and I want those teams to draft well enough to either replace players or surround those players with talent. But that's not what happens.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hilarious yet devastating long term for the Dallas Cowboys :facepalm:

Almost time to "put a fork in it" for the next four years.

Shame.

why Cap will be going up as well. Next season Watson and Mahommes both FA both will ask for more. It is the nature of the beast. I would somewhat agree with you if the NFL cap was never going up but it will and will go up a lot. Dallas is not doomed but I have to remember who do have drama queens here

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm ok thanks. I'm used to suffering - what's another four years...

Just makes it all the more enjoyable when I'm eventually able to celebrate the Dallas Cowboys being World Champions.

I might have to wait ten years now but I'm a very patient man.
Yeah I was gonna say what makes you think this will only be 4 years?

cowboyec

Reaction score
we will win multiple super bowls with Dak.
if we don't...i'll own it.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
How does that make you a pocket watcher lol? I've never even used that term in my life. I don't knock anyone who seeks to get the most money they possibly can. These billionaires do it. I Didn't see Jerry letting up when it came time for him to make money. Why should I expect anyone else?
Look pocket watcher don't get mad at me. You saw my post in the other thread I don't care about anyone trying to get paid even if I wouldn't pay them. As far as what you're doing at your job that's pocket watching but look I haven't had co workers in a long time so maybe things have changed since I last was at that type of work situation.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I got bad news.. With that contract we ain’t winning a “chip”.

Get used to it..
Lol Im sure your going to show how teams with this X amount of $s given to a qb never won chip blah blah blah. Then Im going to show you, like I have many others, how that is bull**** and had nothing to do with the contract. Im going to show you how much cap room the teams had after that contract and how many FAs and their own players they signed after that contract. Its an old tired argument that I, and many others, have disproved to you and others who stick with that false narrative. Just go lose your **** over the contract when its signed so I can laugh and have something to do while being stuck in the house during social distancing time.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will be the highest paid player until later this year and next year when 1-5 other players will probably make more than him.
Exactly. If it were Carson Wentz negotiating a new contract today he would be in line to be highest paid. The difference is only in timing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm the opposite. I Want guys to get paid and I want those teams to draft well enough to either replace players or surround those players with talent. But that's not what happens.

How does these players getting the most money help the team win?

Its not personal. You seem to have an issue with billionaires as you put it and are somehow rooting for the players.

They are all rich!! The fact is that they all fall into the same category.

If you want to root for someone, root for the hard working blue collar worker that busts his butt every day for 20/hour.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Well if you’d like to watch a 4-12 team be my guest. This is the market rate for QBs.
4-12 or 8-8 (for the most part) gets the same results so yeah I wouldn't hype that up either. Be happy just missing the playoffs though. Its the market rate because of exactly what I said to you. People too stupid to be like this player isn't worth it so expletive paying "market rate" let them get "market rate" elsewhere. Once somebody has the guts to do that and it works a time or two maybe more people will see saying market rate doesn't mean that's the correct move for average. Paying Bentley money for a Kia.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Look pocket watcher don't get mad at me. You saw my post in the other thread I don't care about anyone trying to get paid even if I wouldn't pay them. As far as what you're doing at your job that's pocket watching but look I haven't had co workers in a long time so maybe things have changed since I last was at that type of work situation.
Well damn Phillip how old are you? How long have you been collecting Social Security checks to where you have forgotten what its like to be a employee lol? You keep entering threads about money and calling me a pocket watcher lol. I guess that tells your age to where "pocket watcher" is suppose to be a insult lol.

Proof

Reaction score
Jerry should just hand him a blank check.

I see NO scenario under which Jerry doesnt cave.

He was hoping to be "friends" by saying all along he would pay him. Absolutely stupid, but he has to hear himself talk. Cost the team tens of millions.

The only saving grace here is Prescotts people are SO greedy they want to cash in yet again in a few years, and they'd better hope their clients best days are AHEAD of him, because he hasn't shown me squat as of yet.

Lol. I’m sure they’ll consult you when the time comes to find out what he’s shown you, and price accordingly

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
#1 NFL free agent at games most important position gets biggest new contract. Sort of expected, isn’t it?

Let’s see what the numbers actually are before throwing ourselves off the cliff again. The Cooper deal looked a lot worse on paper than it turned out to be, too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How does these players getting the most money help the team win?

Its not personal. You seem to have an issue with billionaires as you put it and are somehow rooting for the players.

They are all rich!! The fact is that they all fall into the same category.

If you want to root for someone, root for the hard working blue collar worker that busts his butt every day for 20/hour.
I'm not against billionaires. I believe billionaires have put themselves in position to make money. I'm on the side of players and billionaires. It doesn't have to be a ether or. I want everyone to get paid. The salary cap restrictions have proven to be a myth. When the Cowboys or any other team needs to sign someone they do it. We've seen them move money back. We've seen them restructure deals.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
#1 NFL free agent at games most important position gets biggest new contract. Sort of expected, isn’t it?

Let’s see what the numbers actually are before throwing ourselves off the cliff again. The Cooper deal looked a lot worse on paper than it turned out to be, too.
Even the Zeke deal. All these deals aren't trash compared to what other sports give I don't know why people get worked up over this stuff.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Well damn Phillip how old are you? How long have you been collecting Social Security checks to where you have forgotten what its like to be a employee lol? You keep entering threads about money and calling me a pocket watcher lol. I guess that tells your age to where "pocket watcher" is suppose to be a insult lol.
Click the profile the age is there. Who said it was supposed to be an insult. There you online people's inferiority complex goes running wild. I was just calling it as I see it. Here we go with these expletive lies again. What threads did I go into about money and call you a pocket watcher? I'll wait you liar. I called you a pocket watcher about your own job situation that you posted about sir. Hell we agreed just earlier about money so posts these threads. I've forgotten what its like to be an employee because I make my own money now that's why and you don't have to be old to do,that but I guess in your day you had to be.