Twitter: Werder on why Jerry paid Zeke

Cmac

Reaction score
I didn't say he was the best motivator. But his teams played hard for him. He was much more "motivator" than he was "tactician".
BBailey423......all good.....the word just didn't come to mind for me regarding JG. Sorry. He was a great smiler and clapper though.....no matter what.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If this is true then there some of the most oblivious people in all of sports.

They literally spent that whole off-season telling the media "Zekes our boy for life", "We already have the money allocated for him", "Gurley is the starting point for negotiations".

There is no way a rational front office could of not seen it coming, if anything they where basically encouraging it
:hammer:when you read it, its hard not to laugh out loud at the stupidity of what transpired

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hope he is willing to adjust his contract after this season so he can stay. He is not worth half of what he is making. For now he is useful. Else we really need to resign Gallup.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Sigh, just one of the thousands of examples of how Jerry has no clue on how to run a football team. The dumbest reason to over pay at a position you need to anymore.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
Guessing it doesn't make many feel better but it's true. I think the holdout had a bigger impact than saving Jason's job. It caught them totally off guard, they simply didn't see it coming. They only had two options......pay him or call his bluff ( seeing if he wait until Oct to report ).

Werder still has a job?

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Is Werder quoting Jerry, or is Werder making a supposition?

If it's the former, it's interesting, but not germane now.

If it's the latter, and you are reading it as a quote, then you're jumping to conclusions is misplaced. But if it fits your agenda, carry on.
1ae58646-bb0b-44c3-a21c-94f0a7e4ab53_text.gif

waving monkey

Reaction score
Jerry has thought his team is on the verge of a SB run for years (and has managed to convince some fans as well).

This inability to objectively evaluate his own team leads to things like overpaying the wrong guys and hanging on to the wrong coach.
its a critical blind spot. evaluating talent is the other thou they intertwine

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well, If Jerry paid him to save Garretts job because he wasn't confident in Garrett being able to properly coach without Zeke then that's the stupidest thing ever.

I wonder if Stephen is jealous of Jerry's love of Garrett?
Do you have siblings you are jealous of? Is it not your experience that a father can love all his kids equally?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Are avoiding my serious question because you don't like the answer?
I'm not avoiding anything. I just don't like the way you came at me with that question. You wouldn't do that in real life, so don't do it on the internet.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not avoiding anything. I just don't like the way you came at me with that question. You wouldn't do that in real life, so don't do it on the internet.
You haven't answered my question so how can you say you're not avoiding answering it? You don't like that I straight forwardly asked you a question? You don't think I would do that in person? LOL, I eat wussies like you for breakfast, buttercup.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You haven't answered my question so how can you say you're not avoiding answering it? You don't like that I straight forwardly asked you a question? You don't think I would do that in person? LOL, I eat wussies like you for breakfast, buttercup.
This is a Dallas Cowboys message board. I don't need to answer questions that have nothing to do with the Dallas Cowboys.