Twitter: Werder says Cowboys are looking at potential WR trade(s)

phildadon86

Reaction score
They did not like or want Cooper, period. They wanted him off the team. And if he was worth his contract teams would have been falling all over themselves to offer more than a 5th. But he wasn’t.
Hard to generate interest when your son goes on record saying they are going to release him if they cant find a trade partner lol.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That was a salary dump. You do understand that don't you? They also were pissed at Cooper and got a chuckle out of sending him to Siberia. How does a 6 and 2 record and being 4th in the power rankings look? What if they bring in Mims with a late round pick?
I am very happy where we are. I just dont want to waste more draft capital on WR when fixing the run defense is more important. Hankins on his own aint gonna do it. Do you understand what a guy like Derrick Brown would do for this defense?

RonWashington

Reaction score
They could trade Basham for a draft pick and then flip the pick to the Jets for Mims.

A 6th for Mims I can live with but I thought Hankins cost us a 6 . I would go no higher then a 5 for Mims who honestly as a pro is not better then what Noah Brown gives you or possibly Washington when hestkty . Mims is “ another guy “ in the meeting room .

fivetwos

Reaction score
Stealing a guy like Mims would be a great move.

Even a 1st for Jeudy would be fine. He is on the verge of turning into a total stud IMO…

But I still fail to see why WR is such a big problem at status quo.

How do you look at this team overall and decide WR is the problem?

Upgrading the depth is fine, but premium picks for a guy that’s only going to take targets from Gallup and Lamb? I don’t get it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
And yet the Cowboys are trending to the top of the NFC.
Put the pom poms down. All I am saying is our FO needs to shut their yap.

You know who knew about the AJ brown trade before hand? Or that he was even on the market? NO ONE.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hard to generate interest when your son goes on record saying they are going to release him if they cant find a trade partner lol.
I don’t think that mattered a bit. Teams weren’t going to risk a really good player because he might get cut. If teams thought he was worth a first round pick and they could have just beaten a 5th… they would do that in a heartbeat, no matter what Stephen had said.

The market for him sucked because nobody wanted him very much, not because of something Stephen said.

But with all the activity today, I realize there is no sense arguing about this. We just feel differently, which is okay.

rambo2

Reaction score
Put the pom poms down. All I am saying is our FO needs to shut their yap.

You know who knew about the AJ brown trade before hand? Or that he was even on the market? NO ONE.
Who knew about the Hankins trade?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Honestly, it seems WRs are available. I have yet to see any DTs that would help as being rumored to be available.

Short of acquiring Aaron Donald or Chris Jones, I don't think there is a DT out there that is going to help. We are what we are and have to hope Hankins can help as he plays more and Quinn finds some recipe to stop the run.

Brown comes to mind.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don’t think that mattered a bit. Teams weren’t going to risk a really good player because he might get cut. If teams thought he was worth a first round pick and they could have just beaten a 5th… they would do that in a heartbeat, no matter what Stephen had said.

The market for him sucked because nobody wanted him very much, not because of something Stephen said.

But with all the activity today, I realize there is no sense arguing about this. We just feel differently, which is okay.
All good my man. I think we both just want what's best for this team. Adding another WR doesn't move the needle as much as a stud DL or CB for me. Id make a move for Kareem Hunt over a WR to be honest.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Hankins did what he was acquired for against the Bears. I would be shocked if they decided he was not enough.

People on here are forgetting about Damone Clark. This kid played well against the Bears and will only get better. Not sure about what the hell is going on with Cox but we need him to step it up.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Honestly, it seems WRs are available. I have yet to see any DTs that would help as being rumored to be available.

Short of acquiring Aaron Donald or Chris Jones, I don't think there is a DT out there that is going to help. We are what we are and have to hope Hankins can help as he plays more and Quinn finds some recipe to stop the run.

Derrick Brown a stud.

erod

Reaction score
Keep an eye on Cedric Wilson.

He's buried on the depth chart in Miami, and he's Dak friendly.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Neglected????? I bet you were on the side who said we didn’t address left tackle either weren’t you????? Y’all are hilarious!
They didnt address it until Tyron went down and they brought Peters in.

Tyler smith was the FUTURE at LT. Not supposed to start immediately.

And yes. Neglected. Did you see the last game or? Hankins will help. I am on record saying he was a good get. However. I am not banking on him saving our run D