Twitter: Werder says Cowboys are looking at potential WR trade(s)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I heard a beat reporter from Pittsburgh interviewed and he said the main reason this won't happen is that the Steelers have never been sellers at the trade deadline and it's just not in their DNA.

I can believe that but at the same time, it's been they had a losing record this early in a season. They are in a rebuild mode........

XXLMike

Reaction score
Stealing a guy like Mims would be a great move.

Even a 1st for Jeudy would be fine. He is on the verge of turning into a total stud IMO…

But I still fail to see why WR is such a big problem at status quo.

How do you look at this team overall and decide WR is the problem?

Upgrading the depth is fine, but premium picks for a guy that’s only going to take targets from Gallup and Lamb? I don’t get it.
So you wanna deal a 1 for jeudy and pay him $25 m after throwing away Cooper for a ritz cracker ?
lol

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, this was foreseeable in the spring when we traded Amari and lost Wilson.. We just pencilled in Gallup and Tolbert and thought we had the position covered. Guess not.

Sydla

Reaction score
If he was worth more than a 5th, a team that wanted him would have done it. The fact that he was willing to renegotiate only makes it more clear that teams didn’t really want him.

You could offer a great player for a 5th and teams would be fighting to be the highest bidder. That is the way the league works. Teams just weren’t willing to beat a 5th.

He didn't have to renegotiate anything. A restructure is an accounting trick. Players like restructures because they get their money upfront instead of weekly.

And the Cowboys boxed themselves in on this.

AJ Brown received a 1st round pick and a 4th round pick from Philly. And he wanted a new deal so they traded for what was going to be a massive financial commitment (so the argument the Cooper contract was too much doesnt float). And the best the Cowboys could do was get a 5th rounder for their WR. Yeah, the Cowboys screwed this up.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'll believe a #1 WR trade when i see it...the owner/GM BELIEVES FULLY he has a #1 WR on this roster, and literally wants us to "Run the Ball" (say it in the Jerry Voice), nothing about any of this says "Big splash WR trade" i jut dont see it.

Darkhound

Reaction score
This is absurd, ridiculous and STUPID. Why THEN why did we release Amari cooper?.

It is beyond frustrating to see Jones try to be a GM.