Twitter: Werder says Cowboys are looking at potential WR trade(s)

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Hankins along will not do it with the rest of the DT are average or below. Heck MJ needed Scottie to get over the hump.

Sydla

Reaction score
You do realize how bad it is to let go of a top 15 WR for a 5th round pick to then later bring in another WR for a higher pick right?

LOL.

When you put it that way, yeah, it's funny as hell.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
This seems workable ........only problem, is I heard he can be a head case at times. Don't think he and big Ben got alone well.........lol

Steelers WR Chase Claypool
The Steelers receiver has been the subject of trade talks for weeks, but barring a dramatic change, it doesn't appear he's going anywhere, sources say. To deal a young weapon who could help rookie quarterback Kenny Pickett, it would have to be perfect. No team is close to that yet. Claypool is under contract for another year, due just about $1.5 million in 2023. And even at 2-5, Pittsburgh has shown no signs it intends to be a seller at the deadline.

He has talent, no question ......

Claypool ran a 4.42 official 40-yard dash joining former Georgia Tech and Detroit Lion wide receiver Calvin Johnson in the history books. The Notre Dame star became the second receiver 6-foot-4 or over and 235 pounds or bigger to run a sub-4.45 in the 40-yard dash.Feb 27, 2020
I heard a beat reporter from Pittsburgh interviewed and he said the main reason this won't happen is that the Steelers have never been sellers at the trade deadline and it's just not in their DNA.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Too bad the FO are not thinkers, football savvy and strategists.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
All good my man. I think we both just want what's best for this team. Adding another WR doesn't move the needle as much as a stud DL or CB for me. Id make a move for Kareem Hunt over a WR to be honest.
For me, it would depend on the WR. The only ones that will really matter, IMO, will cost a lot. (Moore, Moore, Claypool).

Id like DL if it were the right one, but I don’t even think they’re looking there. I don’t think they’re looking at LB either.

Now CB could be possibility and the best chance for a defensive add. I just don’t know who it would be.

Sydla

Reaction score
They did not like or want Cooper, period. They wanted him off the team. And if he was worth his contract teams would have been falling all over themselves to offer more than a 5th. But he wasn’t.

The contract thing is such a canard. The Browns just restructured him as soon as they got him and made the contract more palatable.

We got nothing for him because Jerry just really sucks at trades. He just does. No we weren't going to get a 1st rounder back for him but we should have netted more than what we got. And that was clear when you say other WRs get traded for more.

Jerry and this front office aren't all that great at understanding player value, etc.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Yeah.

We don't need to stop the run.

The 49ers and Eagles won't be an issue for us or anything.

Why do people assume a great DT or LB will be available via trade at the deadline???Are the Jets all of a sudden willing to give up Quinnen Williams? Cam Heyward? I would have personally traded for Roquan, but thats already dead and gone, so outside of him, who else is even available?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Stealing a guy like Mims would be a great move.

Even a 1st for Jeudy would be fine. He is on the verge of turning into a total stud IMO…

But I still fail to see why WR is such a big problem at status quo.

How do you look at this team overall and decide WR is the problem?

Upgrading the depth is fine, but premium picks for a guy that’s only going to take targets from Gallup and Lamb? I don’t get it.

A 1st for Jeudy is way to much I feel. Guy drops balls he should be catching.

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprise if Dallas gets Cedrick Wilson back from the Dolphins. He is buries in their depth chart

JBS

Reaction score
I heard a beat reporter from Pittsburgh interviewed and he said the main reason this won't happen is that the Steelers have never been sellers at the trade deadline and it's just not in their DNA.
This means nothing. They suck. First time for everything

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The contract thing is such a canard. The Browns just restructured him as soon as they got him and made the contract more palatable.

We got nothing for him because Jerry just really sucks at trades. He just does. No we weren't going to get a 1st rounder back for him but we should have netted more than what we got. And that was clear when you say other WRs get traded for more.

Jerry and this front office aren't all that great at understanding player value, etc.
If he was worth more than a 5th, a team that wanted him would have done it. The fact that he was willing to renegotiate only makes it more clear that teams didn’t really want him.

You could offer a great player for a 5th and teams would be fighting to be the highest bidder. That is the way the league works. Teams just weren’t willing to beat a 5th.