News: Werder: Tony Romo to have surgery

Reaction score
Hopefully he will be ready for training camp. Even some OTA activity, although I'm sure he won't participate much, even if he's ready.

Western

Reaction score
Along with his back, another visible target area of Romo for every defensive coordinator Dallas plays next year.
Sure no intentional hits, but Romo's collarbone region will be a bull's-eye for opposing defensive players on sacks, pressure plays, & hits after throws.

Draft the QB and by the third game, the rookie QB will play.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Along with his back, another visible target area of Romo for every defensive coordinator Dallas plays next year.
Sure no intentional hits, but Romo's collarbone region will be a bull's-eye for opposing defensive players on sacks, pressure plays, & hits after throws.

Draft the QB and by the third game, the rookie QB will play.

Don't say nothing bad about Romo. Dudes be in their feeling around here.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Tony Romo: My back is as strong as it's been in 3-4 years

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-back-doing-well-012316

By Jesse Reed/SportsnautYardbarker Jan 23, 2016 at 2:15p ET

While the last few years have been extremely frustrating for Tony Romo, the Dallas Cowboys and their fans, the quarterback has good news as it relates to the future.

Speaking about his oft-injured back, he revealed encouraging news, via Jon Machota of The Dallas Morning News:

Jon Machota

@jonmachota

Tony Romo: My back is "as strong as it's been in 3-4 years. That's exciting...I'm able to do things I wasn't able to do last year."

12:47 PM - 23 Jan 2016

Romo, at the age of 35 (he’ll be 36 next season) has missed 14 games since the start of the 2013 season.

He underwent microdiscectomy surgery to repair a herniated disc in December of 2013 and then suffered two fractured transverse processes in his back last season. Then he missed most of this past campaign with a fractured collarbone, which he actually suffered twice...

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
They might want to strengthen the other side too since they are at it already.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
All in all, has any QB ever had this done?

I cannot think of any.