News: Werder: Tony Romo to have surgery

CCBoy

Reaction score
The league has legislated against such head-hunting, and have zero tolerance regarding QB safety. The New Orleans staff would have some comments about the wisdom of that.

And BTW, Tony's clavicle will not be weak next year.

The old adage of one can lead a horse to water, but you can't force him to drink, has a function clause, depending upon how long one holds him under.:)

Craig

Reaction score
The way Romo is able to move around all they are trying to do is get to him.

And this is also why people get away with some of the hits...he shakes a lot off and gets away from plays so the refs let the hits go. You really only see this stuff with him and roethlisberger, no one is really in their league as far as getting out of tackles and i dont think anyone compares to them with regards to uncalled hits either.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, but Romo gets power driven into the turf on a regular basis, gets shoved in the back after the ball is gone and even has players dive into his knees and I never see a flag. So the idea that he is being "protected by the league is hilarious".

Here is a pic from the Green Bay game last season.......Romo throws the ball and is just standing there and Clay Mathewes takes like 3 steps and dives right into Romo's knees.............cleary late, cleary low, and yet no flag was thrown on the play.

clay.png

So please explain again how the league takes care of Romo...........BAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA

Calls are missed in every game.

Fans of old or semi-injured QBs are particularly sensitive about any contact with said fragile leaders.

If you think that there is a conspiracy including officials league-wide against protecting Romo and in favor or specifically targeting Romo, then I understand why you laughing.

Tony is actually a very popular colleague among his peers, but I guess everybody hates Jerry enough to conspire to destroy his QB; again, the Saints were severely punished for such tactics.

Should such ethical failures prove to destroy the integrity of the game, I will no longer be watching.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Fans of old or semi-injured QBs are particularly sensitive about any contact with said fragile leaders.

If you think that there is a conspiracy including officials league-wide against protecting Romo and in favor or specifically targeting Romo, then I understand why you laughing.

Tony is actually a very popular colleague among his peers, but I guess everybody hates Jerry enough to conspire to destroy his QB; again, the Saints were severely punished for such tactics.

Should such ethical failures prove to destroy the integrity of the game, I will no longer be watching.

I am not saying there is a league wide conspiracy, just saying that if it was Brady or Manning standing in that picture, there would have been 20 flags thrown.

You and I both know that, so don't act like you don't.

CCBoy

Reaction score

The game depends upon sportsmanship...to be a game. Period.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I am not saying there is a league wide conspiracy, just saying that if it was Brady or Manning standing in that picture, there would have been 20 flags thrown.

Not all things known are best spoken....also.

LittleD

Reaction score
Mickey said yesterday that Romo's break was actually right at the tip of the clavicle where it is
closest to the shoulder. He said that the bone has come back and strengthened very well and that
they are considering shaving the end of his clavicle so that when the bone is compressed it will not
jamb into the shoulder and break again. This seems to be easier to heal from and he would
not need a plate installed at all. Not a big procedure and his turn-a-round would be fairly quickly.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And this is also why people get away with some of the hits...he shakes a lot off and gets away from plays so the refs let the hits go. You really only see this stuff with him and roethlisberger, no one is really in their league as far as getting out of tackles and i dont think anyone compares to them with regards to uncalled hits either.

Romo takes hits often because he hangs on to the ball until the last second. That can lead to big plays it can lead to some big hits you take.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

And you know that all teams send film of their favorite ref-gaffes to NFL headquarters every week.

And you know that the owners have several million more reasons to worry about protecting their assets than you and I do.

So, I would wager that JJ has been all over this issue with the league, and that he's not laughing it off.