News: Werder: Tony Romo to have surgery

Frozen700

Reaction score
Yeah, no need for any of us to get mad at an opinion anyway as long we all explain our points of view and avoid the drive by "I'm right, you're wrong" stuff.

I'm open to hearing opposing view points as well. I, honestly, just don't see a viable or logical alternative at the QB position as it stands, right now. But, hell, my ears are open, my man.

Take care, F7.

You as well bro

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Why is he waiting so long to have this surgery? His season has been over for more than a month. Am I missing something? @jobberone @Doc50

think about it....It's been almost 2 months.....and he's still having problems. That should throw up a huge red flag....but for this franchise...it's just something to keep us in the headlines.

chagus

Reaction score
They should amputate.

Haha-Its-so-funny.jpg

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Honestly I thought that was a Risen post - an attempt at humor and completely wrong.

First - medically speaking from the Doc in this thread - there is no weakest link in the bone - it will be completely healed come August.

And second - Tony's been trending big time all day today long before your post--

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016...omo-broncos-fan-***-this-is-some-matrix-stuff

Edit: Please see the post below.

Not even speaking from a medical stand point.

If you strengthen one part. The part not covered by the plate becomes the weakest link.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
They likely needed more than one consultation/opinion then needed testing like the CT. And he probably had to make up his mind about it as well. There's no hurry. 6-10 weeks likely 8-10 and he's ready to go.

Those wanting to fret and lay blame are without substance.

Collectively, they took the conservative route, came back to play ASAP, and hoped for no similar blows to the fracture site. It didn't work out.

Now, with plenty of time, recent trauma to the site, and considering all factors, they're making the most prudent decision for next year.

bkeavs

Reaction score
I could of sworn I read here that his bone would be stronger after all the breaks. Why on earth would he need a plate?

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Well that should take care of falling on his shoulder. Can we insert a plate on the back too?

lkelly

Reaction score
In similar news, Tom Brady announced that he's having surgery this morning to deflate his ego.

Primetime42

Reaction score
think about it....It's been almost 2 months.....and he's still having problems. That should throw up a huge red flag....but for this franchise...it's just something to keep us in the headlines.

What problems?

Zordon

Reaction score
I think at his age he was waiting to see if it was really necessary in order to get the bone to heal correctly, Z. Speaking only for myself, I don't think I would be down with someone cutting into me and attaching things to my bones if wasn't absolutely necessary.

If, I had to guess, after his consultation I think it was determined that the only way to guarantee that the bones would heal correctly was to perform the surgery. Again, this is all speculation on my part so, you know, the whole grain of salt thing.

This is what I was thinking too. That being said, come on Tony it's time to try something different. If it was the first time, I'd understand the hesitation. We don't have any fat, muscle, tissue, etc over the clavicle so the plate is necessary IMO for a guy with a history of re-injuring that area.

Zordon

Reaction score
They likely needed more than one consultation/opinion then needed testing like the CT. And he probably had to make up his mind about it as well. There's no hurry. 6-10 weeks likely 8-10 and he's ready to go.

I'll take your word for it doc.

I'm just saying after a very frustrating year for the fans, the last thing we want to hear about is players missing minicamp b/c of injuries. The team was never on the same page b/c of the number of the inordinate amount of players that were sitting out of practice.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I could of sworn I read here that his bone would be stronger after all the breaks. Why on earth would he need a plate?

(see my previous post)

Internal fixation is required to return the fractured bone to its original alignment and hold it stable until the healing process is complete.

You can't cast a clavicle.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

Without seeing the xray/CT you can't say. There must be some degree of shortening, angulation, and/or torsion for this to be in play though.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'll take your word for it doc.

I'm just saying after a very frustrating year for the fans, the last thing we want to hear about is players missing minicamp b/c of injuries. The team was never on the same page b/c of the number of the inordinate amount of players that were sitting out of practice.

These are just educated guesses which is all we can assume without knowing all the facts. However, given the information at hand I'm confident @Doc50 and I are reasonably correct.