Twitter: Werder Tweet: Garrett expected to be fired (no official word yet)

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
You know, this productive discussion thing only works if both people engage each other's counterpoints.

If either one of us avoids responding to a counterpoint or counterpoints plural that the other person made, it just makes for a nothing sandwich... no meat, no substance.

Put another way, essentially, all I'm reading here is a re-wording of what you already said.

I suppose it makes you feel better, but it's not actually helpful.

Nah my counter is the broken clock thing. Ur counter is an opinion also. do u want me to counter all of ur points? I've countered the major one. You've said a lot and I cant sit here and counter every single one. The main thing is what I've said. I'm responding to u politely about it. I wont choose the Sisyphus route. I choose the broken clock route. Simple as that.

ShortRound

Reaction score
this whole week

Od4Avg7.gif

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its now "Breaking News" on the front page of ESPN.com

You gotta believe Werder sourced this with either Jerry or Steven before going public. This is not BleacherReport here, this is freaking ESPN!

This is not the type of thing you half arse off a tip from the janitor who says he overheard the conversation while mopping outside the board room.
ESPN probably ran with Werder's tweet to break the story.

I dont think it was Werder's intent to break the story

_sturt_

Reaction score
Nah my counter is the broken clock thing.

You mean the one where you began the sentence with "again"... ??? How is that a counter to anything I said, when by betrayal of your own wording, you acknowledge you're just repeating what you said before?

Nonsense.

Ur counter is an opinion also. do u want me to counter all of ur points? I've countered the major one.

It is, indeed, an opinion, but it's a series of sentences that construct one argument toward a single conclusion... yet, you countered... nothing. Not one of these sentences is countered. Repeating yourself isn't a counter. It's... just... repeating yourself.

2020-01-02_2313.png

bysbox1

Reaction score
Is this legit? Hard to believe this is any more valid than the rumors all week.

is there a confirmed source?

Ed Werder is pretty reliable. May have been released soon than he liked, but since ESPN is running with it, it's probably reliable.

I would expect a teary eyed press conference though.

What a clown show. Abundance of care and respect?

Tom Landry is a legend, he gets booted without much "care and respect."

Jimmy brings the whole franchise back and wins two Super Bowls, he gets booted without much "care and respect."

Doesn't even wait for the grave to get cold before hiring Campo's replacement.

Basically has Wade Phillip's replacement ready to go in house.

Yet here we come to Garrett and it's kid gloves and "care and respect." Aikman is right. It's all from the top. Jerry really is the new Al Davis.

It's those previous experiences with Landry, Jimmy, Campo, Wade that probably made the Jerry and Stephen handle it this way. Jerry regrets some of his previous firings, especially how he handled Chan Gailey.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Finally....and don’t worry fans,with Werder it’s accurate reporting.