Twitter: Werder Tweet: Garrett expected to be fired (no official word yet)

Wolfpack

Reaction score
In all my years of fandom, this is the longest I can ever remember Jerry being silent.
He has to fire his pet project and this he's been having a full on 7 day bender. I'm sure he is getting a liver flush and IV right now to get ready for the press Monday.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
To me it looks

Werder did come on TV this morning and say that the cowboys were going to move fast on this. Somebody inside the Jones family must be feeding him bad info.

I'm not questioning what WILL eventually happen, only that the Werder tweet did say ANYTHING about Garrett saying he expects to not be the coach of the Cowboys anymore. In other words Rogerthat12 decided to "interpret" a tweet by what he THINKS will happen or what some people say putting words into some else's mouth. I also none of the Jones have told Weder anything and he's just making speculation.

jhj7098

Reaction score
I have never in my lifetime, and it's been long so far, seen a coach get pampered like a friggen baby that got his toy taken away! If Garrett is so fragile that he needs some tender love from daddy, then he has problems besides being a lousy coach. Every coach in the NFL that has been fired in the past, it was done that day and it was over and time to move on. Not with Garrett! No...he needs to be taken to Chucky Cheese. And, if Garrett had any honor, he would gracefully tell daddy Jones that it's OK to just let me go on with life, you don't need to worry about my feelings, I'll be fine...but not him. Pathetic and an embarrassment is what he is.
And what has he done to deserve all this. It's not like he's won anything of relevance. Next thing you know, there will be a statue of him outside of AT&T Stadium.

Plankton

Reaction score
I'm not questioning what WILL eventually happen, only that the Werder tweet did say ANYTHING about Garrett saying he expects to not be the coach of the Cowboys anymore. In other words Rogerthat12 decided to "interpret" a tweet by what he THINKS will happen or what some people say putting words into some else's mouth.

That's not how the title of the thread reads.

It says Garrett expected to be fired. As in Jason Garrett is expected to be fired. It wasn't written from Garrett's POV, nor was it reported that way.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I have never in my lifetime, and it's been long so far, seen a coach get pampered like a friggen baby that got his toy taken away! If Garrett is so fragile that he needs some tender love from daddy, then he has problems besides being a lousy coach. Every coach in the NFL that has been fired in the past, it was done that day and it was over and time to move on. Not with Garrett! No...he needs to be taken to Chucky Cheese. And, if Garrett had any honor, he would gracefully tell daddy Jones that it's OK to just let me go on with life, you don't need to worry about my feelings, I'll be fine...but not him. Pathetic and an embarrassment is what he is.

So showing a coach that Jerry has liked a little respect and just let Garrett's contract expire without all the hoopla of firing someone who's contract expires in less than 12 days. Gee the world is coming to an end because Jones is just letting his contract expire. Aw the poor "fans" that have to wait. I can only imagine all the physical and mental problems these "fans" are going to have to go through for the next 11 days. The hospitals will fill up for sure.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Jason must not think he can get a job anywhere else. If he was in demand by other teams Jason would push for a fast resolution so that he could take another job.
Thats why this is taking so long. All that bulljive about Garrett being highly sought after, and how he was going to be coaching was a lie. So here we are. Jason cant be let go because he has 0 offers because 31 other teams watched his incompetence for years.

clff15701

Reaction score
So showing a coach that Jerry has liked a little respect and just let Garrett's contract expire without all the hoopla of firing someone who's contract expires in less than 12 days. Gee the world is coming to an end because Jones is just letting his contract expire. Aw the poor "fans" that have to wait. I can only imagine all the physical and mental problems these "fans" are going to have to go through for the next 11 days. The hospitals will fill up for sure.

This team hasn't won a meaningful playoff game in 25 years. The poor fans have stuck by this team while your boy Jones turned them into a clownshow. The guy doesnt know what hes doing and the fans are paying for it.

doomsday9084

Reaction score

Is there a functional difference between announcing today that the Cowboys will not renew Jason's contract versus announcing it after his contract is up?

Screw the fans. Who is this delay helping? No effect on Garret. Hell, it may make it harder for him to find a new job because he is in limbo now as everyone else fills out their staff.

IMO, the delay is because Jerry really hasn't made up his mind. The contract expiration thing makes no sense.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
That's not how the title of the thread reads.

It says Garrett expected to be fired. As in Jason Garrett is expected to be fired. It wasn't written from Garrett's POV, nor was it reported that way.

The person who starts the thread titles the thread and Werder's tweet doesn't say anything about Garrett saying he expected to be fired. Also when you title your thread by WerderTweet: Garrett expected to be fired (no official word yet) and have nothing but a link for the tweet which doesn't say that is a false title. If he meant what you say he should have titled this thread I think Garrett expected to be fired and left the tweet off.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
They just loooove dragging out the cliffhanger suspense. Jerry loves a show,even to an audience of one.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Respect? Really? Respect? You mean the respect that Garret showed every coach and player in the past that he has thrown under the bus to save his tired act? That kind of respect? How about Garrett showing some respect and just gracefully exit the building so he can find a job clapping elsewhere, if he can. If I were to be informed that I was not coming back, I would respect that because I respect myself and tell my boss that there is no need to string this out...I'll just leave and you can find my replacement faster than baby sitting me. That's respect in my mind. "Imagine" that! smh

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Is there a functional difference between announcing today that the Cowboys will not renew Jason's contract versus announcing it after his contract is up?

Screw the fans. Who is this delay helping? No effect on Garret. Hell, it may make it harder for him to find a new job because he is in limbo now as everyone else fills out their staff.

IMO, the delay is because Jerry really hasn't made up his mind. The contract expiration thing makes no sense.

If anything, expiring is making it worse. Many are claiming that “it’s all the same thing! It’s fine! As long as he’s gone” but they fail to understand that

A. We are wasting a lot of time. Instead of fooling around with Garrett, we could be interviewing a new HC. I know, we have all offseason to do it, but the sooner, the better. The sooner the HC gets to meet the players, introduce his playbook and playstyle, get accustomed to Dallas, etc, the better. I don’t want to hear this “Jerry has a plan” BS either because he clearly doesn’t. His “plan” shouldn’t take all the way up to January 14th just to start. If it’s a playoff team, how do we know said coach will take the offer? What if Jerry’s plan backfires? He won’t have many options or time left for other candidates because they are either gone or disinterested. Plus, if he messaged a playoff team without letting the NFL know, wouldnt that be tampering?

B. What about the coaches that are dead in the water right now? No news has been announced, so all these staff members and coaches that are waiting for news to be released could be missing out on job opportunities. Someone on twitter said it best (forgot who it was). Leaving these staff members and coaches dead in the water is not only not unprofessional, but disrespectful. A lot of things come into play when moving teams for coaches. Uprooting families, getting new houses, getting adjusted to a new city and team, etc. and Jerry is withholding them from that.

I don’t know what the hell is going on, but this is one of the most selfish things a person can do. Even Dan Snyder is more selfless than this. Jerry is not only trolling his fans, but his (media) workers, coaches on expiring contracts, other NFL teams, etc. all for himself and his red headed step son. What a joke.

Plankton

Reaction score
The person who starts the thread titles the thread and Werder's tweet doesn't say anything about Garrett saying he expected to be fired. Also when you title your thread by WerderTweet: Garrett expected to be fired (no official word yet) and have nothing but a link for the tweet which doesn't say that is a false title. If he meant what you say he should have titled this thread I think Garrett expected to be fired and left the tweet off.

Do you post just to complain and argue about things? Or, are you incapable of seeing context?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This team hasn't won a meaningful playoff game in 25 years. The poor fans have stuck by this team while your boy Jones turned them into a clownshow. The guy doesnt know what hes doing and the fans are paying for it.

Those may be reason for not renewing Garret's contract but have nothing to do with why Jones maybe giving Garrett the respect of just wating for the 14th and letting the contract expire.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Those may be reason for not renewing Garret's contract but have nothing to do with why Jones maybe giving Garrett the respect of just wating for the 14th and letting the contract expire.
Tom Landry deserved respect. Jimmy Johnson deserved respect. Garrett is just another failed NFL coach who lasted longer than most because the owner couldn't admit he made a mistake.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If anything, expiring is making it worse. Many are claiming that “it’s all the same thing! It’s fine! As long as he’s gone” but they fail to understand that

A. We are wasting a lot of time. Instead of fooling around with Garrett, we could be interviewing a new HC. I know, we have all offseason to do it, but the sooner, the better. The sooner the HC gets to meet the players, introduce his playbook and playstyle, get accustomed to Dallas, etc, the better. I don’t want to hear this “Jerry has a plan” BS either because he clearly doesn’t. His “plan” shouldn’t take all the way up to January 14th just to start. If it’s a playoff team, how do we know said coach will take the offer? What if Jerry’s plan backfires? He won’t have many options or time left for other candidates because they are either gone or disinterested. Plus, if he messaged a playoff team without letting the NFL know, wouldnt that be tampering?

B. What about the coaches that are dead in the water right now? No news has been announced, so all these staff members and coaches that are waiting for news to be released could be missing out on job opportunities. Someone on twitter said it best (forgot who it was). Leaving these staff members and coaches dead in the water is not only not unprofessional, but disrespectful. A lot of things come into play when moving teams for coaches. Uprooting families, getting new houses, getting adjusted to a new city and team, etc. and Jerry is withholding them from that.

I don’t know what the hell is going on, but this is one of the most selfish things a person can do. Even Dan Snyder is more selfless than this. Jerry is not only trolling his fans, but his (media) workers, coaches on expiring contracts, other NFL teams, etc. all for himself and his red headed step son. What a joke.
I agree with most of what you said. Although. The coach getting hired now wouldnt afford him the opportunity to introduce a new playbook or anything of that nature. Practice isnt slated until OTA's so that makes 0 sense. Sure they can read it but they cant put it into action until after the draft. The coaches have already been told if you dont have a contract go look for work. So no one is dead in the water.